Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chatting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 23, 2016
So I'm 14 and I want to be able to type freely and not have to use the pre-made phrases Wizard101 offers. On the parental controls my mom made it so restrictive chat is off. But in game when I click enter I can't type... I have a mac so is that why its happening? Or is it because im under 18 even though my mom is over 18 (obviously). Please respond!
-A very confused Bellasavv

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Wizard101 automatically allows text chat for all players 13 and older, and since you are 14 (assuming that's the age you entered when creating your account) then you should have it. The only thing that makes sense here is that your mom must have turned it off in parental controls. It's not because you have a Mac.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Bellasavv123 on Jul 8, 2017 wrote:
So I'm 14 and I want to be able to type freely and not have to use the pre-made phrases Wizard101 offers. On the parental controls my mom made it so restrictive chat is off. But in game when I click enter I can't type... I have a mac so is that why its happening? Or is it because im under 18 even though my mom is over 18 (obviously). Please respond!
-A very confused Bellasavv
Your mother is the one who made it restrictive to Menu Chat, only she can activate Text chat ( through Parental Controls ). It's up to her.