Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changes to Wild Bolt Spell - a Civilized Chat

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
sagehyuuga wrote:
first off i am not a storm, so i cant speak on how it changed for attacking i am however on the other side of the field i think the wild bolt changed for the bad
with the new spells in CL wild bolt is now a 100% chance of hitting but sure it could hit 10 100 or 1000 how even it went from a 10% chance to hit 1000 now its a 33% chance to hit, but like i said i don't use it and i don't see too many storms using it now a days, but hey i dont lose any thing but health when i get hit with it.

P.S
you can't please every one, i for one dont see why this is such a big deal any way lol

Hunter Ashgem (60) life
"life of the party, lets heal it up"


Hey Hunter. I'm not storm either. However, I can tell you why its a big deal. People built entire strategies around this spell. They devoted hours (days?) to finding things to help, developing pets, and in many cases spent real money in the form of crowns on items to assist them with the casting of this spell. When people get that invested in something they tend to get understandably angry when the linchpin of their investment gets changed. The worst part about the change is that it alters the spell's strategic value. If it had just been an accuracy cap, for instance, then in my opinion there would have been a couple of complaints but no huge backlash because it wouldn't have fundamentally altered how the spell is used.


Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
WoW, Look out! OK, Check this out. I just finished crafting my gear. Just the hat and robe. Check out these stats!

+68% Storm Damage
+29% Storm Accuracy
150 Critical Rating, which states is 31%

Now, wildbolt, add in Gargantuan 10+225=235
or 100+225=325
or 1000+225=1225

ok now add it 68% damage=395,546,or2058
without any blades!

Ok, now that is 31% to critical=790,1092,or4116 at 99% accuracy
Umm, can someone tell KI that wildbolt is extremely messed up now? Because I can hit for over 4000 damage in 2 pips!


Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
2
I think that the wild bolt spell is perfect i mean i used to use treasure wild bolts and it was 50 percent accuracy ten percent more than the normal and even then i couldnt even it an enemy with it without trying 3 to 5 times now it is more awesome because its wild its like a lightning storm which is basically the point will it be a tiny lightning bolt kinda big lightning bolt or a huge bolt as you can see its pretty wild plus at least now you can hit it either your first try or second and mainly for me i've hit 3 10's at least 2 100's and like 8 1,000's so as you can see the likelyhood of getting a 1,000 is pretty great while 100's and 10's can sometimes happen but not as much as 1,000's so that clears the accuracy problem and it will show you why they made it as they did plus what you'll usually hit.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
3
just so you know if the wild bolt hits it has a 33% chance of hitting for those of you to lazy to do the math its still a pretty good spell. but i see how it can get annoying like if you blade up then use traps and it only does 10

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
202
darthjt wrote:
WoW, Look out! OK, Check this out. I just finished crafting my gear. Just the hat and robe. Check out these stats!

+68% Storm Damage
+29% Storm Accuracy
150 Critical Rating, which states is 31%

Now, wildbolt, add in Gargantuan 10+225=235
or 100+225=325
or 1000+225=1225

ok now add it 68% damage=395,546,or2058
without any blades!

Ok, now that is 31% to critical=790,1092,or4116 at 99% accuracy
Umm, can someone tell KI that wildbolt is extremely messed up now? Because I can hit for over 4000 damage in 2 pips!



OMG!!! KI "fixed" bolt and you people are still crying!! shut up already!
go play the game and quit trying to mess the game up for everyone else(at least for other storm players anyway)
I think you are just a PvPers who dont have a storm you use in arena and you are just try to keep them storm players down so you can stay on top in arena.

and dont wast my time telling me you are only doing it to help keep the game balance, ill not believe you one bit. I think you are another underhanded PvPers who is trying to destroy the game for everyone else just so you an you other PvPers can keep the new PvPers from movie up in rank,
I think PvPers who cry all the time about other school spells are just afriad they may get beat in PvP and some new PvPers will push them aside,

KI catered to PvPers enough its time that regular player start posting and get things that keep the game balanced on the questing side of the game,KI quit takeing from regular players and giving to PvPer cry babies enought is enough regular players speak up or the only spells you will have left are the one's PvPers want you to have.

Michael RedBlood death

P.S. you dont like this post then just keep moving along especialy you PvPers

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
8
I can understand that you guys don't like the changes to wild bolt, and I think that it needed some balancing. How much did it do before? 1000, right? It had a 10% accuracy as I recall. Now compare it to the other 2 pip attack
Lighting Bats: about 245-285, right? Maybe something can be arranged for wild bolt. Instead of 10, 100, or 1000, which wouldn't be good, as you get it from completing Marleybone, maybe it can have 50% accuracy and do 500 damage. It would still be inaccurate, but 500 for 2 pips? Sounds better than 245-285. I mean, being able to put out 1000 for 2 pips is insane, but being able to but out 500 for 2 pips at the cost of 20% accuracy seems balanced enough. Never you mind, 10% accuracy for 1000 ain't bad either, but considering all the accuracy boosts for storm out there, I can see why it was nerfed.

But what do I know, I haven't finished the Tomb of Storms or the first area of Grizzleheim yet

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
31
denis1998 wrote:
I think that the wild bolt spell is perfect i mean i used to use treasure wild bolts and it was 50 percent accuracy ten percent more than the normal and even then i couldnt even it an enemy with it without trying 3 to 5 times now it is more awesome because its wild its like a lightning storm which is basically the point will it be a tiny lightning bolt kinda big lightning bolt or a huge bolt as you can see its pretty wild plus at least now you can hit it either your first try or second and mainly for me i've hit 3 10's at least 2 100's and like 8 1,000's so as you can see the likelyhood of getting a 1,000 is pretty great while 100's and 10's can sometimes happen but not as much as 1,000's so that clears the accuracy problem and it will show you why they made it as they did plus what you'll usually hit.


Perfect you say? WOW this spell is a pip waster pure and simple.Look to
earlier post of mine were it took me 5 turns and a total of 8 pips to
kill a lost soul (65 hp) on unicorn way!!!! You seem to have neglected
the fact that all strategic value has been eliminated from the spell as
well.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
20
denis1998 wrote:
I think that the wild bolt spell is perfect i mean i used to use treasure wild bolts and it was 50 percent accuracy ten percent more than the normal and even then i couldnt even it an enemy with it without trying 3 to 5 times


What on earth are you smoking? Before Celestia, my bolts would hit 1 out of every 2 attempts, respectively, RARELY would i miss two times in a row, and that was with nearing 50% accuracy as well. If you were missing 3 to 5 times in a row, then you did NOT have 50% accuracy at all. You claim Wild Bolt now is perfect? Do you even use traps? Do you have ANY idea what its like to try and use a trap and use this worthless piece of garbage spell now?

Read the previous 9 pages of posts to see how absolutely dumb this spell is now, and how this "new" bolt has pretty much destroyed PVE for Storm Wizards who used this spell religiously before Celestia...

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
1
what was the old wild bolt like? I have never seen wild bolt ever.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
39
As a lengendary and a grandmaster diviner along with my girl friend we worked hard to amass the gear that would give us accuracy to incresse our wild bolt hit percentage. This change was totaly wrong because it reduces the overall power of the diviner. True KI tried to make up for it with the new spell of Leviathon But come on folks 8 pips for this spell. My girl friend and I for one have removed wild bolt from our decks it is useless now and i hope that all diviners let KI know that this spell is a waste now. Bring back our old wild bolt or even the playing field by reducing the pip requirement of leviathon to four.


Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
29
darthjt wrote:
arollison wrote:
I think the change is adequate and fair, and I will tell you why. There is no other school that has the opportunity to do 1000+ damage with 2 pips. I am a balance gm and I have to wait 5 rounds (if I get power pips each round) to hit judgment at 1000, not including gear, pet and boosts.

If you were to change wild bolt back to its original state, I would not be upset, however, I believe requiring more pips would even things out. Perhaps since all the storms are complaining (even though they have lord and triton), KI will change the bolt back to its original state. If they do, I hope they will require more pips. It takes the other schools building up pips to do any damage too.


Ok first off, Being Balance, you have spells that only Tower shield can block. Secondly, we can not put any stop spell on you. Third, you have 85% accuracy. Fourth, you have 700 more health than storm.

Ok, what was your complaint again?

Oh yeah thats right, its not fair that storm has a spell that has 10% chance of working that does that much damage. And it is also not fair that there is no Balance shield, or dispel Balance, or a serious permanent mega health boost for storm. Nothing is fair in the world, sorry.

But, KI said they listened to their community, but 62% of the people said they did not like the change to Wild bolt, 28% did and 10% did not care. If this is how they calculate their percentages, and I think it is, then Wildbolt has about 2% chance of hitting for 1000. USELESS!


So i guess they listen to the 28 percent more then 62 percent, now dont they. i see how it is...
I;ve been working on my death in cl more then storm cause my death was a higher lvl and i was thinking how easier it would be with wild bolt. And now, i can forget about it. As someone said before, it should be 500-1000. and 50-50 percent. THATS what you should have changed it to if you HAD to change it.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
10
I don't really like the new WildBolt spell it really does 10 damage way too often to be useful.

As a suggestion, since you want it to be really a Wild spell why not do 10-1000 damage where it will come up with a random number in that range?

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
187
I do like this new change. Storm's wild bolt could get up to 70% easily and be used VERY easily to be almost invincible. Also, storm has many great attacks ( I not gonna say anything about defense) and no other school ever had a 2 pip killing machine! Now that the wild bolt problem is fixed, all the schools are now 100% even. But this is not the last of my least favorite spells! I am coming after you judgement! XD :P

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 myth



Survivor
Oct 28, 2008
4
I think it isnt that bad idea. the wild bolt wont fizz ( it has bigger chance to wont fizz) and that means it has a technical bigger chance to do the 1000 damage.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
346
pokemoneverywhere1... wrote:
what was the old wild bolt like? I have never seen wild bolt ever.
Wild bolt used to be 10% accuracy and 1000 damage only. and now and before it looked like a purple bolt hitting the enemy.

Defender
May 17, 2009
144
akifoniq99 wrote:
I do like this new change. Storm's wild bolt could get up to 70% easily and be used VERY easily to be almost invincible. Also, storm has many great attacks ( I not gonna say anything about defense) and no other school ever had a 2 pip killing machine! Now that the wild bolt problem is fixed, all the schools are now 100% even. But this is not the last of my least favorite spells! I am coming after you judgement! XD :P

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 myth




This is proof PvP has gone way too far!

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
darthjt wrote:
WoW, Look out! OK, Check this out. I just finished crafting my gear. Just the hat and robe. Check out these stats!

+68% Storm Damage
+29% Storm Accuracy
150 Critical Rating, which states is 31%

Now, wildbolt, add in Gargantuan 10+225=235
or 100+225=325
or 1000+225=1225

ok now add it 68% damage=395,546,or2058
without any blades!

Ok, now that is 31% to critical=790,1092,or4116 at 99% accuracy
Umm, can someone tell KI that wildbolt is extremely messed up now? Because I can hit for over 4000 damage in 2 pips!



Hey darthjt. I hesitate to respond because I'm not positive exactly where you are going with this post. However, I feel compelled to point out that this is actually making the case for this version of wild bolt vs. the original. Because critical is a separate calculation from the initial hit and damage, you have only a 33% chance for 2058, and that's followed by a 31% chance of critical which will only happen if the opponent doesn't hit their chance at a critical block. The odds of this happening are tremendously lower than a 70% chance of a high damage hit (the old bolt) followed by the same chance of 31% for critical, which, without gargantuan would have done 3360.


Defender
Dec 21, 2008
187
maxitola2009 wrote:
akifoniq99 wrote:
I do like this new change. Storm's wild bolt could get up to 70% easily and be used VERY easily to be almost invincible. Also, storm has many great attacks ( I not gonna say anything about defense) and no other school ever had a 2 pip killing machine! Now that the wild bolt problem is fixed, all the schools are now 100% even. But this is not the last of my least favorite spells! I am coming after you judgement! XD :P

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 myth




This is proof PvP has gone way too far!


Who says this is about pvp? LOL! I just dont like judgment.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
gtarhannon wrote:
darthjt wrote:
WoW, Look out! OK, Check this out. I just finished crafting my gear. Just the hat and robe. Check out these stats!

+68% Storm Damage
+29% Storm Accuracy
150 Critical Rating, which states is 31%

Now, wildbolt, add in Gargantuan 10+225=235
or 100+225=325
or 1000+225=1225

ok now add it 68% damage=395,546,or2058
without any blades!

Ok, now that is 31% to critical=790,1092,or4116 at 99% accuracy
Umm, can someone tell KI that wildbolt is extremely messed up now? Because I can hit for over 4000 damage in 2 pips!



Hey darthjt. I hesitate to respond because I'm not positive exactly where you are going with this post. However, I feel compelled to point out that this is actually making the case for this version of wild bolt vs. the original. Because critical is a separate calculation from the initial hit and damage, you have only a 33% chance for 2058, and that's followed by a 31% chance of critical which will only happen if the opponent doesn't hit their chance at a critical block. The odds of this happening are tremendously lower than a 70% chance of a high damage hit (the old bolt) followed by the same chance of 31% for critical, which, without gargantuan would have done 3360.



LoL, well I am not exactly sure where I wanted to go with that post. Oh, so the "New" Wildbolt is only for Players level 58 and above? Even though, they give you wildBolt at marleybone? How is that fair? They should make it the original for players below grandmaster and the new wildbold for grandmaster and above! That would settle things, because otherwise, for a lot of wizards, bolt is truly a waste!

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
darthjt wrote:
LoL, well I am not exactly sure where I wanted to go with that post. Oh, so the "New" Wildbolt is only for Players level 58 and above? Even though, they give you wildBolt at marleybone? How is that fair? They should make it the original for players below grandmaster and the new wildbold for grandmaster and above! That would settle things, because otherwise, for a lot of wizards, bolt is truly a waste!


I hear you. I agree that it's not fair. To be tactically detrimental 2 out of 3 times until you reach level 58 where you can obtain gargantuan is pretty ridiculous. I made that point before, but I can't remember if it was in this thread or (un)improved thread.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
1
Well... I'm not a storm, but I am VERY disappointed in the change. I am a balance. Storm wizards used to be a challenge at PVPing. Now I can just kill them with flint and 6 pip judgement, one shot. I am giving a shot at monsters just because PVPing isnt fun anymore.
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I rest my case.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Linsey Iceheart
Balance
Level 41

Explorer
Feb 24, 2010
50
CoopKoda wrote:
I still don't think you have made the right adjustment to this spell. The 10 and 100 are just unrealistic for this spell which was one of Storms mysterious spells.

This spell should be changed to only 2 possible hits, 500 and 1000. The accuracy lowered to 50% and capped with no ability for it to be enchanted or affected by gear.

There is no point to a spell being in Storms spell book if they are never gonna use it, and with the current way it's been changed, it's not likely anyone will.

Professor Greyrose wrote:
We've listened to our community, done internal balance testing and had exhaustive discussions about the spell Wild Bolt, and have change the Wild Bolt spell based on this research.

Wild Bolt will now have 70% accuracy and do 10, 100, or 1000 damage.

We will continue to monitor how this impacts the balance of the game, as well as listen to all players feedback.

We ask that you take some time to play with this version of Wild Bolt before jumping to conclusions. It's truly a Wild Bolt now!

All posts regarding this change MUST go in this thread, other posts will not be approved. Let's keep it civilized, constructive and creative please.


Agree....it should do 500 or 1000.....at least do something realistic

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
31
darthjt wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
darthjt wrote:
WoW, Look out! OK, Check this out. I just finished crafting my gear. Just the hat and robe. Check out these stats!

+68% Storm Damage
+29% Storm Accuracy
150 Critical Rating, which states is 31%

Now, wildbolt, add in Gargantuan 10+225=235
or 100+225=325
or 1000+225=1225

ok now add it 68% damage=395,546,or2058
without any blades!

Ok, now that is 31% to critical=790,1092,or4116 at 99% accuracy
Umm, can someone tell KI that wildbolt is extremely messed up now? Because I can hit for over 4000 damage in 2 pips!



Hey darthjt. I hesitate to respond because I'm not positive exactly where you are going with this post. However, I feel compelled to point out that this is actually making the case for this version of wild bolt vs. the original. Because critical is a separate calculation from the initial hit and damage, you have only a 33% chance for 2058, and that's followed by a 31% chance of critical which will only happen if the opponent doesn't hit their chance at a critical block. The odds of this happening are tremendously lower than a 70% chance of a high damage hit (the old bolt) followed by the same chance of 31% for critical, which, without gargantuan would have done 3360.



LoL, well I am not exactly sure where I wanted to go with that post. Oh, so the "New" Wildbolt is only for Players level 58 and above? Even though, they give you wildBolt at marleybone? How is that fair? They should make it the original for players below grandmaster and the new wildbold for grandmaster and above! That would settle things, because otherwise, for a lot of wizards, bolt is truly a waste!


Its still a waste for most lvl 60 storm players.Really only those storm
that spend all thier time in the arena will bother to train all the way
to gargantuan.For some schools its very easy to use points to train
to that (ice,life,balance)the others will have to take a serious loss in
something else to reach gargantuan.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
26
Professor Greyrose wrote:
We've listened to our community, done internal balance testing and had exhaustive discussions about the spell Wild Bolt, and have change the Wild Bolt spell based on this research.

Wild Bolt will now have 70% accuracy and do 10, 100, or 1000 damage.

We will continue to monitor how this impacts the balance of the game, as well as listen to all players feedback.

We ask that you take some time to play with this version of Wild Bolt before jumping to conclusions. It's truly a Wild Bolt now!

All posts regarding this change MUST go in this thread, other posts will not be approved. Let's keep it civilized, constructive and creative please.


You have always catered to the wines and wimpers of the few that play PVP. Try this, eliminate it in the game, open a new game that just caters to the winers and wimpers in PVP. Try leaveing a good game alone.

David Bear Ice Grand Wizard

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
26
ldaring wrote:
sorry to say that i do not like the changes as i did play with it while it was on the test realm, and now will be removing it from my deck as it wont serve me in the street fights i face. as a non pvp player i asked that it not be changed to this for simple reasons. one it took me a long time to find the best clothing for wild bolt. two i used it against the stronger enemies i faced out in the questing. and now it wont aid me in the least so why even have the wild bolt if its no good to use? it just sits there taking up space in the gold, unless you use it as a throw away card to access the gold deck. and the wild bolts i made using keen eyes or sniper wont be used either, looks like i will be deleting those from the gold cards.

so thank you to all who wanted this, i sure do not want it all.


Not all wanted this my fellow wizard, just the few that get beat in PvP!

David Bear Ice Grand Master