Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia Key Quest from Haleston Balestrom

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2018
Alright so, after I finished Dragonspyre, Ambrose (I believe) called me in and gave me the spiral key to Celestia. Fast-forward to me finishing the Sun Sanctum, and they tell me to go talk to Haleston Balestrom, so I do. After I talk to him and get the "urgent message" from Ambrose notification, I notice he has a side quest. So I start on it, and I get omni-device and the translating stone. Things looked normal from there until it tells me to do some sort of dungeon in marleybone to get the spiral key to Celestia. Of course, I didn't want to waste my time doing that. The whole point of the quest, in fact, was to help Plukket, who I had already helped in Celestia in the Crustacean empire. Can somebody tell me if this is a bug and shouldn't be happening? Because I'm absurdly confused, and I believe it might be some extra quest, and I'm not too interested in getting the Celestia Spiral Key twice. Help?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
If I remember correctly, the quest is called "Spiral Goegraphics Society Archives" was originally part of the storyline to get to Celestia. That changed very shortly after Celestia came out. Now it's a side quest which you do not have to do and the key comes from Ambros.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Back when Celestia was about to be introduced for the first time, the quest line you described was the main quest line we'd do to gain the Spiral Key for Celestia.

Back then, the content was severely much more difficult than it is now with the first enemies you encounter in Survey Camp having about 3,000 health or so instead of the measly 950 they do now.

Collecting items was also a pain and these mobs would critical very easily.

Now, with this massive spike from Dragonspyre, a lot of players were not prepared for this (The Pet Pavilion was still in the words).

Hence, many things/quest/stories were altered and the world downgraded to a point acceptable to at least most players.

It seems that tower in Marleybone somehow didn't completely get re-worked in terms of a side quest line.

Be grateful you're playing now tough, was tough back then including the very tower you speak of which featured strong enemies from all over including bosses from Briskbreeze Tower!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
FlamingbroP on Oct 16, 2018 wrote:
Alright so, after I finished Dragonspyre, Ambrose (I believe) called me in and gave me the spiral key to Celestia. Fast-forward to me finishing the Sun Sanctum, and they tell me to go talk to Haleston Balestrom, so I do. After I talk to him and get the "urgent message" from Ambrose notification, I notice he has a side quest. So I start on it, and I get omni-device and the translating stone. Things looked normal from there until it tells me to do some sort of dungeon in marleybone to get the spiral key to Celestia. Of course, I didn't want to waste my time doing that. The whole point of the quest, in fact, was to help Plukket, who I had already helped in Celestia in the Crustacean empire. Can somebody tell me if this is a bug and shouldn't be happening? Because I'm absurdly confused, and I believe it might be some extra quest, and I'm not too interested in getting the Celestia Spiral Key twice. Help?
This quest was originally required to be completed by players in order to access Celestia. Several months after the release of Celestia, KI removed this prequest requirement (mostly due to the difficulty of the dungeon at level 50), but left it as an optional quest/dungeon for players to complete.

Ambrose/Teacher notifications that pop-up on the side screen are frequently false alarms, especially after a KI update or if you install/sign in your account on a different computer than you normally play on. The notification you received was suppose to be received right after Dragonspyre....not at Sun Sanctum.