Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't type certain letters.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
Hello, the chat seems to have a problem. When I chat it does not let me type certain letters like v and h. When I try to write with the letters, no letter of v or h comes out. I know it's not my keyboard, I can open the v (fishing menu) with the letter v. What happened? The letters worked fine with me in the past.

Administrator
epicfail10634 on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
Hello, the chat seems to have a problem. When I chat it does not let me type certain letters like v and h. When I try to write with the letters, no letter of v or h comes out. I know it's not my keyboard, I can open the v (fishing menu) with the letter v. What happened? The letters worked fine with me in the past.
If you are attempting to type the letters "v" or "h" by themselves, they will appear in yellow and only those with Open Chat can see it. Or if you are misspelling words using those letters, it may not show up correctly in chat.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Feb 3, 2016 wrote:
If you are attempting to type the letters "v" or "h" by themselves, they will appear in yellow and only those with Open Chat can see it. Or if you are misspelling words using those letters, it may not show up correctly in chat.
No, I mean when I click on the letters it does not work at all. It can only open the menu. Clicking on the letter does not work at all when I am trying to chat. When I'm trying to chat it does not let me use the letters v or h. Example when I'm trying to say thanks. It shows up as 'tanks' it does not let me write the h.

Administrator
epicfail10634 on Feb 6, 2016 wrote:
No, I mean when I click on the letters it does not work at all. It can only open the menu. Clicking on the letter does not work at all when I am trying to chat. When I'm trying to chat it does not let me use the letters v or h. Example when I'm trying to say thanks. It shows up as 'tanks' it does not let me write the h.
It is likely that this is an issue with your computer, rather than with the game. Have you tried using a different keyboard?

community@wizard101.com