Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

boosting tempest and other x pip attack spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
15
I have tested tempest, and noticed that it does boost with sun spells, but
it does not show on card. Is there a reason for this? If not could it get fixed at some point so we know the boost value. Thanks

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
rdfrdrgn wrote:
I have tested tempest, and noticed that it does boost with sun spells, but
it does not show on card. Is there a reason for this? If not could it get fixed at some point so we know the boost value. Thanks


The boost value is that of which is on the card.

Example, if you use tempest with 4 pips and you use a 225 gargantuan boost, you simply take 4 x 80 = 320 add in 225 for 545 then add in your other boosts.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1706
rdfrdrgn wrote:
I have tested tempest, and noticed that it does boost with sun spells, but
it does not show on card. Is there a reason for this? If not could it get fixed at some point so we know the boost value. Thanks

for X based spells, the sun spells should be added at the end, such as
Original: 80 damage to each foe for each pip
After: 80 damage to each foe for each pip plus 175 (or whatever the boost is.)

It works for the spells I have boosted, haven't tried it on tempest yet.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
rdfrdrgn wrote:
I have tested tempest, and noticed that it does boost with sun spells, but
it does not show on card. Is there a reason for this? If not could it get fixed at some point so we know the boost value. Thanks


I noticed that with tempest as well, but not judgement for instance. Perhaps its a visual glitch because tempest is to all enemies? It is probably worth reporting to KI if you care to take the time to open a ticket on it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
gtarhannon wrote:
rdfrdrgn wrote:
I have tested tempest, and noticed that it does boost with sun spells, but
it does not show on card. Is there a reason for this? If not could it get fixed at some point so we know the boost value. Thanks


I noticed that with tempest as well, but not judgement for instance. Perhaps its a visual glitch because tempest is to all enemies? It is probably worth reporting to KI if you care to take the time to open a ticket on it.


You can add a gargantuan on to judgment and it will work the same way, same as heck hound.

Judgment = 100 per pip x 4 pips = 400 + 225 gargantuan = 625
Heck Hound = 130 per pip x 4 pips = 520 + 225 = 745/3 rounds

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
darthjt wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
rdfrdrgn wrote:
I have tested tempest, and noticed that it does boost with sun spells, but
it does not show on card. Is there a reason for this? If not could it get fixed at some point so we know the boost value. Thanks


I noticed that with tempest as well, but not judgement for instance. Perhaps its a visual glitch because tempest is to all enemies? It is probably worth reporting to KI if you care to take the time to open a ticket on it.


You can add a gargantuan on to judgment and it will work the same way, same as heck hound.

Judgment = 100 per pip x 4 pips = 400 + 225 gargantuan = 625
Heck Hound = 130 per pip x 4 pips = 520 + 225 = 745/3 rounds


Right. Having it work isn't the issue. Tempest, after being gargantuaned or stronged or what have you, doesn't diplay the +x damage on the card. Its a visual bug specifically with tempest. I haven't had a storm all that long, so I don't know if its a recent update or not, but it is just a visual glitch as the original poster had said and not a damage/use one.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
gtarhannon wrote:
darthjt wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
rdfrdrgn wrote:
I have tested tempest, and noticed that it does boost with sun spells, but
it does not show on card. Is there a reason for this? If not could it get fixed at some point so we know the boost value. Thanks


I noticed that with tempest as well, but not judgement for instance. Perhaps its a visual glitch because tempest is to all enemies? It is probably worth reporting to KI if you care to take the time to open a ticket on it.


You can add a gargantuan on to judgment and it will work the same way, same as heck hound.

Judgment = 100 per pip x 4 pips = 400 + 225 gargantuan = 625
Heck Hound = 130 per pip x 4 pips = 520 + 225 = 745/3 rounds


Right. Having it work isn't the issue. Tempest, after being gargantuaned or stronged or what have you, doesn't diplay the +x damage on the card. Its a visual bug specifically with tempest. I haven't had a storm all that long, so I don't know if its a recent update or not, but it is just a visual glitch as the original poster had said and not a damage/use one.


I don't even think it is a visual glitch, considering gargantuan or any other enhancement will not add to the per pip bonus. So, what it would have to read after use is 80 per pip + 225 on the tempest card. Yes, I guess that would be nice, however, is it really necessary, considering you know what enhancement you place on the card.

Historian
May 01, 2010
665
darthjt wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
rdfrdrgn wrote:
I have tested tempest, and noticed that it does boost with sun spells, but
it does not show on card. Is there a reason for this? If not could it get fixed at some point so we know the boost value. Thanks


I noticed that with tempest as well, but not judgement for instance. Perhaps its a visual glitch because tempest is to all enemies? It is probably worth reporting to KI if you care to take the time to open a ticket on it.


You can add a gargantuan on to judgment and it will work the same way, same as heck hound.

Judgment = 100 per pip x 4 pips = 400 + 225 gargantuan = 625
Heck Hound = 130 per pip x 4 pips = 520 + 225 = 745/3 rounds


actually, i think gar. only works on judge, i tried to put gar. on my heckhound and the only thing that changed was it was a treasure, and it couldnt be auctioned, the damage didnt change a bit, but when my friend uses it on judge, it works

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
darthjt wrote:
I don't even think it is a visual glitch, considering gargantuan or any other enhancement will not add to the per pip bonus. So, what it would have to read after use is 80 per pip + 225 on the tempest card. Yes, I guess that would be nice, however, is it really necessary, considering you know what enhancement you place on the card.


LOL. I don't disagree, but it is the only one that doesn't mention it and I suppose it could matter if you are making treasure card versions as you level and don't know which is which in the case of going from monstrous to gargantuan at level 58...

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
1309
gargantuan does work on tempest. It adds 225 damage to total so if you have a 3 pip tempest it would be 240+225 for a total of 465. Although the card does not show the change, it does give a boost.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 life

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
gtarhannon wrote:
darthjt wrote:
I don't even think it is a visual glitch, considering gargantuan or any other enhancement will not add to the per pip bonus. So, what it would have to read after use is 80 per pip + 225 on the tempest card. Yes, I guess that would be nice, however, is it really necessary, considering you know what enhancement you place on the card.


LOL. I don't disagree, but it is the only one that doesn't mention it and I suppose it could matter if you are making treasure card versions as you level and don't know which is which in the case of going from monstrous to gargantuan at level 58...


LOL this is true, it would be nice to know which one has what boost, good point!

Also, to the poser about heck hound, it does work, it just does not show the damage boosted because heck hound is a damage per pip spell, so it just adds in the damage and then divides it up by 3.