Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Black Screen after sign in.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2014
HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!! 3 weeks trying to fix!!!
When I sign in, I get the black screen almost instantly.
Notice from computer is : ""Input Signal Out of Range. Change Settings to 1366x768 60HZ""
I have changed this on the game sign in every time and it will not save!!
Once I get back to my desk top, you can hear the game running in the back ground. In the task bar is the game Icon, when I put the mouse on it you can see the game screen but it is in a window just above task bar. Move mouse up to that window and game does show on full screen but it is very, very large. If you left click, Black screen.
I do not have a problem with the curser.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The first thing I will suggest, is changing your monitor's settings to 1366x768. Not the game but your actual monitor. Do this before you log into the game. The notice is telling you that your own computer can't communicate with the game because it's own settings are wrong.

So go into Control Panel and change your monitor's display/resolution settings to 1366x768.

If that doesn't help then you may need to contact support. Click on the "Help?" at the upper right corner. They will work with you to figure out what's going wrong.

(But I'm pretty certain your monitor is the problem. Once you get its settings right, the game should run just fine.)

Alia Misthaven