Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Big Grizzleheim Bug. I am locked out of it.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 03, 2018
I just finished Mooshu and decided to start Grizzleheim. I spoke to Baulder Goldpaws in Olde Town and he gave me the quest to go to Zeke, followed by the library guy, followed by the shopkeeper. Keep in mind during all of these little quests, the quest help arrow was invisible. No idea why. I managed to find my way around to the quests (had to look up where the shopkeeper was), but eventually I made my way to grizzleheim to be given the quest to find the three vikings or whatever and speak to them. Still no quest arrow, no idea where the three guysare.

I get a notification from Ambrose telling me to speak to him. If I remember correctly from my other wizard, he is supposed to give me the spiral key. So I port to the commons to go speak to him and claim the spiral key.

He has absolutely no quest for me. WHAT?

I go up to the spiral door and there is no option to access Grizzleheim. I currently have a quest there telling me to talk to three of the vikings, but it is literally impossible to get there unless I port to someone.

My guess is something went wrong with the Ambrose thing, as there is no option for him to give me a quest. Whenever I press "x" on Ambrose, he just tells me to speak to Professor Drake to start Dragonspyre. Keep in mind I'm level 38 right now.
Talking again to goldpaws doesn't work or anyone else who was part of the quest to access the area.

I tried logging out and logging back in, deleting wizard101 and redownloading it. Nothing is working. Please help me, I really want to access this area and Wintertusk.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I'm guessing the quest that you are supposed to be working on is Grizzleheim .

The quest indeed requires you visiting Northguard but not through the way you described.

Instead, try returning to Baldur in Olde Town and boarding his ship.

Pressing "X" to his ship should take you straight to Grizzleheim so you can resume questing.

The world can be annoying, but the latter area (Wintertusk) is extremely fruitful!

Good Luck!

Survivor
Feb 03, 2018
Would like to add more to this from what I previously said above.

I went onto another wizard that is level 21 to see if the same bug would happen. When I talked to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town for the first time, again the quest arrow was not showing up. I did the little quests again and got to Grizzleheim by the boat, still no quest arrow. Instead of porting right back to Ambrose when the notification popped up, I decided to talk to the three guys and finish that quest. Once I finished that quest, Baldur told me that I have to go back now or whatever and will be called soon (Level 20 barrier). I then went to talk to Ambrose and by my suprise he did actually have the grizzleheim quest unlike my other character.

When I logged back on to my other character, I ported to someone to get to Grizzleheim since Ambrose won't give me the spiral key for some reason. I got a weird notification from a bear saying that I have accessed this area by some magical "other" way and no one here is ready to talk to me yet.

Well how is that possible if I literally have a quest telling me to go to Grizzleheim and talk to the three bears.
I went to find and talk to the bears like I did on my level 21 wizard, but the question marks for all three of them are gone and I can't talk to them.

Please help.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Try the method I mentioned above and see if it works.

Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
Blaze Death on Jul 11, 2019 wrote:

I went onto another wizard that is level 21 to see if the same bug would happen. When I talked to Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town for the first time, again the quest arrow was not showing up. I did the little quests again and got to Grizzleheim by the boat, still no quest arrow. Instead of porting right back to Ambrose when the notification popped up, I decided to talk to the three guys and finish that quest. Once I finished that quest, Baldur told me that I have to go back now or whatever and will be called soon (Level 20 barrier). I then went to talk to Ambrose and by my suprise he did actually have the grizzleheim quest unlike my other character.

When I logged back on to my other character, I ported to someone to get to Grizzleheim since Ambrose won't give me the spiral key for some reason. I got a weird notification from a bear saying that I have accessed this area by some magical "other" way and no one here is ready to talk to me yet.

Well how is that possible if I literally have a quest telling me to go to Grizzleheim and talk to the three bears.
I went to find and talk to the bears like I did on my level 21 wizard, but the question marks for all three of them are gone and I can't talk to them.

Please help.
I found the solution for talking to the three bears.
Go to Olde Town, and go towards the front of the boat via the platform closest to it (same level as the Olde Town bear)
Once you go there you should have a conformation to ride the boat.
Do that, and you can talk to them.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Blaze Death on Jul 11, 2019 wrote:

Please help.
Ok 2 things

First, KI recently changed the Grizzleheim quest line and since then I've heard a lot of people struggling to get the quest properly. It seems to be a bit buggy and the best way to get it fixed is to contact support@wizard101.com so they can go onto your account and sort it for you.

Email them from the email address associated with your wizard. Let them know your username (not password) and let them know you're having trouble accessing GH and would like them to look into it for you. Let them know the name/s of the wizards affected so they know which one/s to check.

They usually sort things pretty fast, but it might take a bit longer over weekends or holidays. They will sort it for you though

Second, the missing quest arrow! You've probably just clicked off quest helper by accident. Go into your backpack and go to gameplay options 1. The bottom setting is 'Quest Helper', make sure it is clicked to 'on' and your arrow should reappear. If it doesn't, mention it in your email to support so they can fix that too, but I expect it has just got clicked off by accident. I remember the first time it happened to me and I was soooo lost without it lol

I hope this helps and you're back on track quickly, let us know how you get on