Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

BATTLING OPTIONAL!! LOOK HERE

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
64
You know how you always get sucked in battles when you are just trying to get where you are going? Or when someone just hops into your battle and ruins your schemes? Well i had the idea to make battling an someone else joining your battle optional. If you get too close to an enemy, a notice bar will come up saying " battle with (monster)?" and a yes/no option will be under it. And if someone wants to join your battle then the same thing will happen saying " let (person) join your battle?" and the option will be underneath it. please reply back!
Paul fireward master pyromancer


Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
26
YES YES YES!!! Awesome idea! I get so frusterated when i get pulled into battle. Cause in some places *Cough* Marleybone *Cough* you get pulled in all the time! this would be a great addition!! :-)

Defender
May 15, 2009
193
There'd be no no danger, no challenge if it were optional! Besides, pop-up boxes ruin the experience and are annoying.

Don't be sloppy and impatient. From reading the forums, I expected MB to be a constant stream of battles or otherwise difficult to navigate. It isn't.

If you observe the area you are walking and move from safe point to safe point, paying attention to timing, getting pulled into an unwanted battle will be a rarity. Only when a monster spawns on top of me is when I get sucked in.

Tip: Go with the flow, not against it; the shortest, most direct route isn't always the best.

Survivor
May 07, 2009
34
Yes, don't make battle completely optional, keep it like it is. More of a challenge.

However, if someone tries to join your battle, I think that should be optional. I get annoyed if I'm one hit from dying, and I kill the last monster and someone jumps in right then and drags another monster in.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
410
Part of the challenge is navagation. Its the hardest to master. I can completely do the navagation but it took me forever to figure out the timing in some areas (like the lab in MB) but once you get it you feel like you can do it all.

Don't take that away from yourself to make this game make up for what you haven't mastered yet. You will get and when you do you will wonder why you the rest seemed so hard.

Just make sure that you are prepared for a fight at all times.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
319
I know, right? im in a dungeon and my friend only has 5 minutes and then i get sucked in to battle by stupid krok. by the time we finish him off ANOTHER COMES RUNNING right before we kill the first. so we kill him and then... my friend has to go, and i get pwned by the boss....

im ok with random fights but i say GET RID OF THE 2 ON 1 battles. if there's only 1 person, only 1 monster comes running.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
4
i agree its really ANNOYING when your gonna hand in a quest and all of a sudden ur stuck in a battle so could u put a barrier or something and when you cross it says danger zone

Developer
It's always safer to walk behind a monster than in front. Be careful out there!

Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
64
Sojourna wrote:
Part of the challenge is navagation. Its the hardest to master. I can completely do the navagation but it took me forever to figure out the timing in some areas (like the lab in MB) but once you get it you feel like you can do it all.

Don't take that away from yourself to make this game make up for what you haven't mastered yet. You will get and when you do you will wonder why you the rest seemed so hard.

Just make sure that you are prepared for a fight at all times.

actually the reason i always get caught in the battles is because (i dont know why it is alway me but) the monsters always spawn on top of me. either that or i try to cross the street and there is nothing in sight and all of a sudden something pops up right next to me. i have mastered the arts of street crossing along with pyromancy.
paul fireward, master pyromancer

Survivor
May 24, 2009
20
Great idea! This would really help with the circumstance when somebody joins your battle, attracts a monster, and then flees.
However, it would take away that "Hey, lil' wizard, you'd betta run or I'z gonna to attract you'ze into a duel" feeling that all monsters have.
And it could easily be abused. for instance, in two on one combat areas, you could go into a battle, and another monster wants to join. You could not let it join, and then what would be the point?
Regardless, 8/10 javascript:emoticon('');

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
410
Monster do spawn in the wiedest places. However a good trick is to remember your path.

I often stop and look to watch the path they take. If you notice they all seem to have a path. Mooshu is the best place to watch for this. In some places in mooshu they walk right up on the green and you would think that you are safe but you're not.

It happens all the time so you stay away from those areas. The rest is timing. Even the spawning has a timing. Spend a few seconds getting the timing and you can avaid the ambushes.

If the truth is you can walk behind and on the sides of any monster without them noticing. They can only see straight ahead, slightly to the side, and only up to an inch in front of them. So you can almost run a circle around them (as I have shown many people) as long as you have the timing right.

Also, remember pets. If you are doing a really hard area DON'T arm your pets they tend to get you caught. If they have a card then arm them before the fight and disarm them when you are running. Until you master running pets only make your circle of sight larger.

This is just my strategy,

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
13
EXCELLENT IDEA! :D This will really come in handy in Marleybone or...Sunken City *gulp*. Anyway, i hope Kingsisle approves !!!
-Christopher Hawkspear, Magus Pyromancer

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
1
Defender
May 29, 2009
196
This would really take away from some of the challenges and interest in the game. The point of this game isn't to just get from one place to the other as quickly and easily as possible. Battling optional? So monsters have to ask permission to fight you? How nice of them. Should they just during battle "Would you mind if I cast this spell that will kill you?" as well?


Defender
Aug 02, 2008
176
Sojourna wrote:
Part of the challenge is navagation. Its the hardest to master. I can completely do the navagation but it took me forever to figure out the timing in some areas (like the lab in MB) but once you get it you feel like you can do it all.

Don't take that away from yourself to make this game make up for what you haven't mastered yet. You will get and when you do you will wonder why you the rest seemed so hard.

Just make sure that you are prepared for a fight at all times.


You said it, I agree 100%

Plus I have knoticed
KI already has made some small changes to the mobs in Wizard City
they are going a lot slower in many areas now and I believe KI turned the
'trigger area' of the mobs to mostly 'line of sight' meaning they will not trigger from your Wizard standing in back of them,... or hardly ever. got to leave a super small % chance they will.




Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
64
nomad117 wrote:
EXCELLENT IDEA! :D This will really come in handy in Marleybone or...Sunken City *gulp*. Anyway, i hope Kingsisle approves !!!
-Christopher Hawkspear, Magus Pyromancer

well i understand why sunken city does that is because you are supposed to fight nearly all of the monsters.
but i dont understand why you need to get sucked into battles everywhere
paul fireward, lvl 46 master pyromancer

Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
64
carterma wrote:
This would really take away from some of the challenges and interest in the game. The point of this game isn't to just get from one place to the other as quickly and easily as possible. Battling optional? So monsters have to ask permission to fight you? How nice of them. Should they just during battle "Would you mind if I cast this spell that will kill you?" as well?


geez you dont have to be so mean about it
and by the way i thought of something instead of a pop-up. you just press the x button to engage in battle like you do to finish the mission
paul fireward, lvl 46 master pyromancer

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
195
Otys wrote:
I know, right? im in a dungeon and my friend only has 5 minutes and then i get sucked in to battle by stupid krok. by the time we finish him off ANOTHER COMES RUNNING right before we kill the first. so we kill him and then... my friend has to go, and i get pwned by the boss....

im ok with random fights but i say GET RID OF THE 2 ON 1 battles. if there's only 1 person, only 1 monster comes running.


hate to tell you but the higher level monsters have a total of 4, if your alone like I am most of the time you know your gonna die, and this is fun? when??