Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Arachnaphobia Quest Bugged

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2009
Quest: Arachnophobia can not be completed. The spiders are unable to be triggered into a fight.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
dangerousnightbree... on Dec 3, 2021 wrote:
Quest: Arachnophobia can not be completed. The spiders are unable to be triggered into a fight.
what world is this on?

Survivor
Nov 02, 2021
I am currently having the same issue. I have tried the following things to make it work:

Leaving area and coming back
Placing a marker and teleporting away and back
Quitting the game and coming back
Doing it solo
Trying it with others via team up
Trying it with others at the thing with four circles

Nothing has seemed to make it work. It would be greatly appreciated for the Devs to look into this and provide a fix. Also to be more specific this is the Arachnophobia side quest in Marleybone on Knights Court in the Beemans Warehouse.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2021
I have the same problem. When I approach the spiders to trigger combat, they disappear. When I walk away from them, they reappear. Each time I enter the warehouse, the spiders act like I have never been there before and hive their speech again.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2020
My husband and I were trying to complete the quest Arachnophobia in Knight's Court, which requires you to enter an instance and fight 2 Brown Recluse Spiders. We entered the instance together and approached the spiders only to have them disappear. We exited the instance and re-entered again with the same results. We logged out completely from the game and re-loaded, but the same thing happened. We tried to enter the instance seperately, but that didn't work either. I also tried changing realms. This was on 12/3/21 at approximately 10:20pm PST.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
The Arachnaphobia quest given by David Beeman in Knight's Court, Marleybone is not working. I can enter the building and the quest text triggers, but then I am unable to initiate the fight. The spiders just phase out until I step away and then they reappear. Approach them again and they phase out again. It is like the fight circle does not exist.

I have tried going in solo and with other players, same result for all of us. Porting out and back in does not fix it. Exiting the game and restarting does not fix it.

I never had this issue with my other characters in the past. I have seen one other post about this on Reedit from 4 days ago (coinciding with the new patch). No resolution found there yet either.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
This is still happening as of 2154 CST Dec 6th. I cannot figure out a way to start combat w/ the spiders.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2021
crystalwizard12345... on Dec 3, 2021 wrote:
what world is this on?
It is in Marleybone. The quest is no longer in my current quests like it has been removed. It also is not hidden like it is completely gone.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
Same issue here. Tried solo and with other players. Porting in and out of room. Logging out and logging back in. Tried it in another realm instance. Nothing seems to work. From what I have seen from others, it seems to have started with the most recent patch.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
chickenrat21 on Dec 7, 2021 wrote:
This is still happening as of 2154 CST Dec 6th. I cannot figure out a way to start combat w/ the spiders.
I'm just a member of the community, but I know usually these sorts of problems are usually handles by Customer Support. Try contacting them there; you'll get a better response there then here on the message boards.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2014
Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
Still an issue for me as of 12/12/21 9:19 pm EST.

Developer
We have this problem fixed and should be in with the next update.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
RandomsWorld on Dec 14, 2021 wrote:
We have this problem fixed and should be in with the next update.
Thank you very much!

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
The spiders go away :( Can't complete the quest

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
DannyBoom80 on Dec 17, 2021 wrote:
The spiders go away :( Can't complete the quest
I had a different issue. I couldnt engage the spiders, so had to "cheat" and have a higher wizard take me to the boss fight where there was 1 of the spiders, and do it twice. The game was fine with that

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
im on the arachnophobia quest in marleybone and its still not working

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Still dealing with the bug. As of 12/23 2:40 pm

Survivor
Sep 18, 2021
Survivor
Jun 30, 2021
Oh neat, I'm not the only one suffering from this then.

Still not working as of 1/1/2022.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
Just to be a little more specific, the quest known as Arachnophobia is bugged. The Brown Recluse enemies do not engage the player and fade out if you approach them and fade back if you distance from them.

Administrator
Hello!

Thank you for the reports!

This is a known issue and we'll get a fix in when possible.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2021
Still no fix implemented as of 5th January 2022

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
Still no fix implemented on 1/14/22. my ice wizard is unable to complete this quest

Survivor
Apr 25, 2018
Hello! This is my first time posting on the Wiz community message board and I wanted to report a glitch that I noticed while I was doing side quests with my wizard on Marleybone. I was doing the mission titled "Arachnophobia" given by the NPC named "David Beeman" in Knight's Court in Marleybone and was supposed to defeat two spiders in "Beemans Warehouse" (Taking the blue gear teleporter will take you straight to it, which is right behind you). When you enter the sigil the countdown will start like normal the spiders will appear and say their line and when I ran towards them to initiate the fight the moment I get into contact with them they slowly fade away and when I walk towards the exit and turn around they appear again. I even tried to team up which I did with an wizard and waited for him to engage to see if I was the only one with this error but it occurred to him too! I was wondering if it is something the game will fix itself or do I have to wait for the devs to patch it up?

What do you guys think?