Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Antivirus Warning?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Hi! I recently tried playing W101. While loading, some files called MG_(mini game name here).dll had made my Avast! antivirus pop up. It said that not many users of the antivirus encountered those files and thought it was suspicious. I am assuming this is safe, but can I get a confirmation?

Administrator
I'm guessing you're using Avast. There are known issues with Avast, and you need to contact them to resolve this issue.
If you're not using Avast, please let our support team know through an email to help@kingsisle.com

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
hello i had experinced that same isssue with my anti viris and i got some errors and at first i wasnt sure if it was safe but it is safe you need to download those errors to get the game to pull back up cause i did it and it worked hope this helps you

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
I'm guessing you're using Avast. There are known issues with Avast, and you need to contact them to resolve this issue.
If you're not using Avast, please let our support team know through an email to help@kingsisle.com
Thank you, Professor!

When the Avast window popped up, there were two options: stop the download and download the file. W101 is working for me now.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Yes, if you're using Avast just make sure you choose to download the file rather than abort. It is perfectly safe.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2013
This happened to me too. I accidently clicked the abort, so do you guys know what you can do to save it?