Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

we should be able to say "red grapes of wrath" !

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Hello,

I am a VERDANT GARDENER. probably planted just about every seed the game has. I have learned a lot.
I also give a lot of advice.
However, I get very frustrated when I try to mention the "RED GRAPES OF WRATH"
Why can't I tell someone about a seed that you have in the game. These seeds give POLYMORPH TREANT
SO when someone asks me if there is a seed that offers that card.
I understand that they don't want you to say the word grapes.
KI, can't you make it ok if you put all the words together only? I have actually said "red blank's of wrath"
You would think they understand what that meant. but no.
I have been told "there is no red blank's of wrath dude"
So please if there is a way, look into this, Thank You.

And, yes I do mention moon flowers, and fickle pickle. but the chances are much greater with the red grapes.

Mark Dragonleaf

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
The disallowed word is "rape", and since grapes contains that series of letters it is filtered out.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
OldStormWizard on Feb 24, 2014 wrote:
The disallowed word is "rape", and since grapes contains that series of letters it is filtered out.
Thank You for your reply,

As always, I appreciate all reply's.

I know that you can't say it. I understand that totally, As I have stated in my post.
I said I understand we can't say the word grapes.
That's not what I was asking.
I believe there has to be a better solution, not just "we can't say that"
What I was asking is how do I tell someone about that plant? there has to be a way.
IT IS A PLANT IN THE GAME, and one of the only ones that give polymorph treant.
What I was suggesting is to come up with a way we can say it if it were said as a complete sentence. If I typed the whole sentence, then and only then, it would permit me to say the plant.
Example: red grapes, grapes, are examples of phrases that you can't say.
But if we type "red grapes of wrath" then the word turns from red to white after the whole phrase is complete.
Otherwise, how do I tell someone about the plant?

However, since then I have come up with a fairly understandable phrase. In which, if any, this may be the only solution.
I type "red grips of wrath" That works, and I seem to get my point across.

Thank You,
Mark Dragonleaf L70 Storm. Verdant Gardener

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
stormkraker on Feb 24, 2014 wrote:
Thank You for your reply,

As always, I appreciate all reply's.

I know that you can't say it. I understand that totally, As I have stated in my post.
I said I understand we can't say the word grapes.
That's not what I was asking.
I believe there has to be a better solution, not just "we can't say that"
What I was asking is how do I tell someone about that plant? there has to be a way.
IT IS A PLANT IN THE GAME, and one of the only ones that give polymorph treant.
What I was suggesting is to come up with a way we can say it if it were said as a complete sentence. If I typed the whole sentence, then and only then, it would permit me to say the plant.
Example: red grapes, grapes, are examples of phrases that you can't say.
But if we type "red grapes of wrath" then the word turns from red to white after the whole phrase is complete.
Otherwise, how do I tell someone about the plant?

However, since then I have come up with a fairly understandable phrase. In which, if any, this may be the only solution.
I type "red grips of wrath" That works, and I seem to get my point across.

Thank You,
Mark Dragonleaf L70 Storm. Verdant Gardener
see, here's the problem I have with this. I COMPLETELY understand why the word is filtered, but if you change a letter to get around the chat filter, even though you're not saying anything bad, it is technically against the rules. At least it was my understand that going around the chat filter is not allowed. But the chat system is causing us the need to get around the system. So, how do we reconcile this?

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
It drives me crazy not being able to say 'henchman'. I totally agree the filter system should be re-visited. We should be able to mention words and phrases that are in the game. I don't understand why KI has these words and phrases in the game knowing that the chat filter will prohibit them. It's almost setting people up to try and get around the chat filter in order to communicate like a sane person should be able to. Ugh. It was funny, one day someone wanted to know where I was from. Obviously I couldn't type the name of my state, so I tried describing it. The southernmost state in the U.S. The home of a really famous Mouse. Oranges grow well here. Very hot and sunny here. It was very surreal. And to top it off the person never could figure out what I was talking about, it was like 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
i can say that i don't know what you're up to

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
I know it is a total pain when you are one of the few (like me) who does not use bad language, or say any kind of bad words. Then when you try to say something good, it filters it out, some I have never figured out why I couldn't use it. You might try saying something like Red Gwapes of Wrath, sort of like the way some folks use creative cursing only in reverse.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
poliwhirl555 on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
i can say that i don't know what you're up to
well then you did not read my post at all.

AT ALL

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
valdushawkflame on Mar 3, 2014 wrote:
It drives me crazy not being able to say 'henchman'. I totally agree the filter system should be re-visited. We should be able to mention words and phrases that are in the game. I don't understand why KI has these words and phrases in the game knowing that the chat filter will prohibit them. It's almost setting people up to try and get around the chat filter in order to communicate like a sane person should be able to. Ugh. It was funny, one day someone wanted to know where I was from. Obviously I couldn't type the name of my state, so I tried describing it. The southernmost state in the U.S. The home of a really famous Mouse. Oranges grow well here. Very hot and sunny here. It was very surreal. And to top it off the person never could figure out what I was talking about, it was like 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
Hello

I as always appreciate you reply's.
I thought I experienced this also. I remember when someone would ask me what minion that is, I recall saying henchmen with an "E" instead of henchman with an "A" I always thought I was spelling it wrong.

However, I just checked and it can be spelled both ways without the word turning yellow.

maybe they looked into this matter after your post.

good luck in the game,
Mark Dragonleaf L70 Storm

P.S. you are really not supposed to give any indication as to where you live, you are cutting it close to getting in trouble.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
go to cyruses red correcting pen thread and tell him if you guys want to have some of the spelling fixed to a better version or updated and tell him in a post.