Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Turn off Gardening Spell Animation!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
Hi. A few days ago I purchased wind chimes, monsoon, and Solar Flares from Barley in Khrysalis. I was very excited as that meant a break from all my non-stop gardening. Guess not :/

First subject (first shock) is about the spells canceling out the other 48 hour spells. If this is intentional, it would have been great to know beforehand. I would not have wasted all that gold. Eh, whatever. Gold is easy to replace. Still, if others are like me thinking they are going to save all that energy and time by throwing on the 48 hour spells and checking back in 48 hours, a little heads up would have been nice.

Second subject (heartbreak) is that even if the spells did what I wanted them to do, I still could not use them. The animations are insane. They render my computer useless. If I even turn my character toward my garden, instant freeze. Now I admit, my computer isn't a $6000 super gaming machine with the latest technology, but it is good enough to play Wizard101 on. (By the way, I tested it on a newer machine with a better video card with the same results) Perhaps if I had 2 or 3 plants, all would be well. In fact, I know it would as I have used the sunbird spell on a couple if plants and loved it, then put it on my main garden with same frozen results. Because of my inability to control pests with the spells currently available, except for dragonflies, I plant only seeds that get rank 3 and lower pests.

A great compromise between us not so great video card computer owners and those that have machines that can handle the animation would be a "turn animation off" button. If we had that, we could actually put to use these awesome spells available to us.

I sure hope this post garners attention from other gardening enthusiasts that might be willing to share if this issue is also happening to them, and hoping even more that KI will take this into consideration. Thanks for letting me voice my opinion.

Jasmine - Exalted Diviner - Verdant Gardener

Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
I totally agree. It was not a nice discovery to know I wasted all my energy on spells that only cancelled each other out. Also, we should not have to level pets, fish, and garden with the same energy. At least one of those things needs to have its own energy.

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
The spells are still there they just don't show up. This happened to me to.