Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some Gardening and Crafting Tips

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 24, 2009
Hi all! We seem to be having trouble with the Amber reagent, and I want to get it out-- I have no idea what I'm doing with the newest tiers of plants and reagents and stuff. If you're looking for that, sorry to disappoint you.
Firstly I'll start with some crafting tips. We all have trouble with it.

-Put every reagent from every character into shared bank about every week or so. This makes it so you don't have to load five characters just to find a reagent.
-Try to collect everything at once. Create a list on a notepad with the #X amount of items you need, and then tally them all up. Chip into your shared bank too.
-If you get tired of collecting one reagent, move onto something else. Getting frustrated over reagents just isn't worth it.

Also, remember determination is important! Crafting takes time and patience, but you have to know what your goal is in the end: CRAFT THAT ITEM!

Now we'll get with some gardening tips. Gardening isn't that bad as long as you can log on every day. It's a great way to get reagents and gold.

-Get the AoE (area of effect) spells. These are the ones that pop up with a glowing circle over the area you're going to use, say, rain on. These are a great way to save energy and time.
-Get some plants that like each other. My personal gardening rule: if it's not Stinkweed, get a friend for it. Snap Dragons and Dandelions like each other, so I often plant them next to each other.
-Gardening gnomes and plant likes can be very nice. If a plant likes something and is always happy, it may even get a Pixie--something ALL plants like! Websites like Wizard101 Central and fansites often have guides to these plant likes and dislikes.

Like crafting, gardening takes time and paitence. However, it's not as great in my opinion. Sure you get more reagents and gold, but you don't get that wonderful feeling of "I actually did it!" with crafting.
Either way, I hope these tips helped. My fingers are tired from typing them all out!
What are some of your gardening and crafting tips? Don't be afraid to post...

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I dont put them in the shared bank, just put them on 1 wizard.
As for my tips:

-Research wiki, for the link, just take "http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:" and put the reagents name (must be spelled and capitalized correctly, anything with a space must have the space replaced with a "_" (underscore). (Ex: For amber dust, its Reagent:Amber_Dust))

-Do the same for gardening, except instead of "Reagent:" at the end, do "House:" Tiger lilies are odd, and send you to a different page though. (they send you to the furniture item)

-When you need a pixie, get a plant that can get a pixie, float it (Through stacking) above, once it gets the pixie, LET IT DIE and your plant will still have the pixie like.

-If you aren't good at aiming, only do a 32 plot design, not the 37.

-Know where you want to farm for the reagent

-Snipe the bazaar down at odd hours. You may get lucky and see someone sell all their sunstone! :)
-Gardening and crafting go well together, if you can, garden for reagents.

Thats just my 2¢ though. Anyone else want to post? :)

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I don't have very much to offer. I reccomend gardening in the morning and at night, so your energy will be restored (unless you use energy elixirs.)

Use treasure cards/spells accordingly. Zappers/Dragonflies/Bloodbats/Sunbirds are very helpful, but only if you have enough energy to spare, because it'll save you energy in the future.
--[That's all I have for Gardening, I might add some crafting.]--

Defender
May 19, 2012
Ronster55, I'm confused. What do you mean by float it (through stacking)above? And why let the plant die? What is the purpose of that? Also, what do you mean by this?:

Sorry, I'm only at level 8 gardening right now, and still learning. I realize I probably have a good ways to go yet to reach the point you are talking about, but I'd like to at least try to understand it.

I had some flowers planted in my Royal Estate, and it seemed that whenever I planted in this one certain spot, the flower there would always get a pixie. None of the others ever got a pixie, but there were quite a few plants that 'liked' the pixie, even if they weren't particularly close to that flower.

I don't know if you're familiar with the layout of the Royal Estate, but there are these half circle grassy areas that jut out over the water, and the flower was on the first section of these areas that jut out, closest to the front door of the house. The plants directly across the water, and the plants in the grassy yard directly across the walkway from the flower with the pixie, all 'liked' the pixie. It seems the pixie has quite a large area of effect, even though the pixie itself stays close to the one flower.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
fiziali wrote:
Ronster55, I'm confused. What do you mean by float it (through stacking)above? And why let the plant die? What is the purpose of that? Also, what do you mean by this?:

Sorry, I'm only at level 8 gardening right now, and still learning. I realize I probably have a good ways to go yet to reach the point you are talking about, but I'd like to at least try to understand it.

He means that you can use boxes to float an item, in this case a pot. You put a plant that almost always gets a pixie, so all of your plants will like it. You let it die because this wasn't necessarily a plant you wanted, and now you won't have to tend it, but your other plants will still "like" it.

You can fit 37 plots in the "Large Effect" area, but it's easier to effect them all if you only do 32 in a circle.

Defender
May 19, 2012
So I'm still confused. Do you mean like, put a pot on a crate, then remove the crate, and the pot stays put, floating in the air? Ohhhh, never mind. I was thinking, when you pick the crate up it picks everything up that is sitting on the crate. Only I just remembered, when you pick everything up in your house, it picks everything up except the pots you have plants growing in. Now it makes sense to me! Thank you for explaining, vaneairdbe. :)