Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Soil Plots and Plants shouldnt count as item space

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2015
Dear KI,
Please remove Soil Plots and Plants as counting as item space. I have a decorator, whose garden is in both my decoration house. I have bought the max amount of elixirs of bric-o-brac, and want to expand my couch potato farm, but I can't because each plant I plant counts as 2 items (1 for the soil, and 1 for the actual plant). This is very frustrating, as it limits me. If you are reading this Sparck, please consider this ;) I beg of you in the next W101 Update!

Survivor
Mar 23, 2012
I completely agree with this. Decorating houses and exploring ideas and creations in the housing tours is one of my favorite hobbies in Wizard101. for the vast majority of houses (specifically ones that can be purchased with gold from housing vendors in worlds and the crown shop), the extra space is normally not needed, but that is certainly not the case for larger houses that come from 39$ card bundles. the vast space in these 39$ bundle houses simply cannot be filled efficiently if there is a garden within the house, even after purchasing the max amount of bric-o-brac potions. Another recommendation to this would simply be to increase the max amount of bric-o-brac potions that can be consumed. For my Winter Winds Tower castle, I was only able to purchase 2 of the bric potions, which does not give me nearly enough extra space, since I have 48 plants in that house (96 wasted housing spaces in total with soil). allowing me to purchase 2 more bric-o-brac potions for a new maximum of 4 potions at this winter winds castle would ease my decorative imagination, and finally allow me to decorate my pvp arena!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Perhaps KI could introduce a couple of more specific bric-a-brac elixirs as additions?

Increase Decoration space (anything except plants/pets/mounts)
Increase Pet/Mount space (boy do we NEED this!!!)
Increase Castle Magic space (idk if we need this or not since they made castle magic 100 items...but some people might still want it)

These could act as extras instead of or in conjunction with the current bric-a-bracs that allow for extra gardening and decorating space but it would prevent even more epic gardens from being made that seem to cause a lot of lag.

I know the elixirs can negate the need for buying a new house, but since we can only have one of each type of house we're often having to choose between it being a gardening house or a decorated house. I guess another alternative (I like this even more haha) would be to introduce a 'Greenhouse' elixir...making the house have a gardening like (as Red Barn Farm and Botanicals) and allowing us to buy another the same without the plant like for decorating

What do you think? Have I missed any specific elixirs that would be helpful for our homes?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
While I agree that gardens should be exempt from the housing limit, I understand why it is. It's so nobody can have a house filled with gardens and nothing else. It's not a cheat, or a hack, or a bug. It's KI's way of "making us work for it". I would love it if they could exempt gardening stuff from housing limits. Then maybe I could find a place for my 100s of EMPs/DHEs lol Yes, that's an exaggeration, but not a big one.

Survivor
May 10, 2015
I just wish that KI Would fix the issue with plant lag/housing lag, then they could expand the # of Bric-o-bracs we could use ;)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Blaze StormHaven on Nov 6, 2018 wrote:
I just wish that KI Would fix the issue with plant lag/housing lag, then they could expand the # of Bric-o-bracs we could use ;)
Have you tried the things I mention in this recent thread?

I know it would be great for the lag issue to be fully solved but these work-arounds are effective and now the only 'gardening issue' I have is that Plant-All is level locked....nooooo!

I hope this is helpful