Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I try Gardening?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
I've tried gardening when it first came out but have abandoned it since I didn't understand it fully. Should I try gardening again? Is it worth the time?

Survivor
May 23, 2013
It depends on You.

If you're looking for some items that can be harvested on plants or gaining some gardening xp, I think you should do it. But if You think the gardening is just waste of time, then don't do it.

Hope to see you in spiral!
Jonathan Golden (Level 120)

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Very much so. At first, the rewards aren't too impressive, but there are a few plants out there that guarantee wonderful snacks (insert the 6,845,932,398th mention of Couch Potatoes and EMPs here), plants such as Sword Ferns and Silver Trumpet Vines for Treasure Cards, and so on.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
If you're going to do PVP, pet training or crafting, then you definitely should do gardening. It's an excellent source of gold, treasure cards, pet snacks and reagents.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Absolutely. Gardening is by far the best resource in the game. As mentioned above, you'll get loads of pet snacks, treasure cards, and gold. I rarely ever, if ever at all, have to farm on any of my characters with fully stacked gardens because they keep me at max gold. I also want to mention King Parsley for getting amber. I got over 100 amber from King Parsley mature and elder harvests in about 2 months.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
I think Freshta puts it best: Garden if you have specific needs. Gather the plants that will drop what you want and the spells for them and then garden those for all their worth.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2014
Of course you should garden! It's one of the best ways to get mega snacks. You can also get gold, reagents, and treasure cards for more gold or crafting.
Rylee GoldLeaf

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
i like gardening for the pet snacks and rare regents. Just start with a few plants at first to get an idea if you like it. It never hurts to try to garden again.