Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seed gathering

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 07, 2018
Hi, i'm a level 25 myth wizard and am needing help. I am starting the gardening hobby and am rank 3 but i was wondering about where a good place to farm for seeds are? I need ones that give decent gold and pet snacks (maybe tc) but aren't hard to get like the couch potatoes in grizzelhiem.

Thank you for your help as this is my first question on the message board.

Defender
Mar 12, 2018
InfamousFire22 on Oct 14, 2018 wrote:
Hi, i'm a level 25 myth wizard and am needing help. I am starting the gardening hobby and am rank 3 but i was wondering about where a good place to farm for seeds are? I need ones that give decent gold and pet snacks (maybe tc) but aren't hard to get like the couch potatoes in grizzelhiem.

Thank you for your help as this is my first question on the message board.
Greetings Infamous,

Welcome to the message board! In my opinion when you are very first starting out, the best seed to start with is stink weed. It is a little bit pricey to buy a few in the bazaar but as they grow they drop more and more, before you know it you will have too many. They also drop several TC that sell for a decent amount of gold such as poison and smokescreen and feint.

I suggest you buy 4-8 of them in the bazaar depending on how much gold you have. Also grab some "litter" which is inexpensive and one of their likes. Make sure that you grow these seeds away from any others as no other seed "likes" them. You can keep growing these as a great source of gold and XP while you farm for couch potatoes and other better seeds to replace them.

If you need any more help, please let me know!

Cheers,
Nathan

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
First allow me to congratulate you on beginning Gardening, especially this early!

Gardening as you'll soon find out allows a nice streamline of Gold, Reagents, Pet Snacks, Treasures & even Furniture Items alongside more seeds!

Now, with all this said, they're some seeds that are usually worth farming for the long run. You mentioned one, Couch Potatoes.

Others are:

Deadly Helephant Ears
Evil Magma Peas
Sword Fern
Ivy League

Now, most of these plants aren't available for drops until at least Celestia.

However, if you've a few crowns to spare, you can purchase a seed and continue growing it and harvesting it as it re-seeds.
Additionally, you can continue this technique until the Prestigious Gardening Benefit comes around. Soon, you'll see yourself with a sizeable influx of seeds.

Pink Dandelion a common drop in Krokotopia is also an excellent gardening seed, especially at low levels. Give them a try if you haven't already.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
I personally prefer to just buy seeds from gardeners, they usually aren't too expensive and sometimes you'll get new seeds from the rewards

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Also, incase you're into fishing too, some of these seeds can be found via Fishing Chests. I'm not sure how common these are, but you can rest assured that crowns only items are the most difficult to get your hands on, unless you've crowns.

Nevertheless, here's a list of prospective Fishing Areas and their corresponding seeds.

Evil Magma Peas
- Fire House
- Polarian Shipwreck
- Darkmoor Manor (Deadly Helephant Ears, Sword Ferns are also found here)

Pink Huckleberries are also good plants to start gardening as well. These plants drop their sister seeds ( Red Huckleberries Ultra Huckleberries, Blue Huckleberries) and also may drop Deadly Helephant Ears alongside Ultra Helephant Ears.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Sometimes, growing low level plants will reward you with drop better ones at elder harvest. The 'better' plants will have higher rank and more needs, but often the rewards are worth it. Most of the plants I'm listing below are easily found as drops or bought for gold, and they are mostly rank 1 or 2.

Snap Dragons --> Burning and Maelstroms, both give reagents, treasure cards and pet snacks. Some Maelstroms give mega snacks. These do NOT self seed.

Helephant Ears --> Burning Snapdragons and ultra Helephant Ears --> Deadly Helephant Ears. Deadly H. Ears drop rank 8 mega snacks that have 25 xp. Deadlies self-seed, the others don't.

Prickly Bear Cactus (Buy them in Krokotopia. Buy a couple, they often self seed) These drop rank 8 mega snacks with 25 xp. They are easy to grow. They also drop low level pet snacks that sell for a lot of gold.

Venus Fly Traps --> Deadly and Frozen Fly Traps. Deadly drops treasure cards and reagents; Frozen drops treasure cards, reagents (diamond, frost flower), and the ultimate rank 9 mega snack: Frozen Yogurt. Frozens often self-seed, the other types generally don't.

Couch Potatoes drop from Savarstaad Pass in Grizzleheim, more often from the grendels then from the bears. These are gold mines if you can get them! These self seed.

Pink Dandelions drop from the mander slaves in the Krokosphinx in Krokotopia. Good for reagents and pet snacks you can sell for gold. These self seed.

Sometimes you can buy Sour Fickle Pickle for gold from the Bazaar, they drop mid-level pet snacks and some good treasure cards. Most of the pet snacks they drop sell for gold. They are temperamental, sometimes having every need and sometimes having only one. They always self seed.

Happy gardening!

Alia Misthaven