Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rank 5 pests EVERY day?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
I planted some Snap Dragons and Fly traps and now every single day when I check on my plants I have at least 1 level 5 pest. The Fly Swapper spell costs 25 points to use and then I don't have enough magic left to take care of my plants. It is so ridiculous that I have to clear level 5 pests every single day. It makes want to stop gardening. Sometimes I don't get to play every day and then some of my plants start dying. Why can't plants live longer than one day if you don't play every day?

Also, for anyone that thinks that i should grow less plants you are wrong and not thinking about the real problem. I earned my way up to level 8 gardener and earned the area spells to take care of my plants so I should not have a penalty of rank 5 pests every day to deal with now that I am level 8.

25 magic points to use a pest spell is too much for something I have to use every single day. It is basically a penalty for growing higher level plants.
If it only cost 5 or 10 magic points I would not be complaining so much.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
It is the plants. Malestrom Snap Dragons and Fly traps give REALLY good rewards, but they are the very HARDEST to take care of. They gain pests and needs like crazy. I once planted a trap and 2 snap dragons and the next morning there were 3 rank 5 pests on them, and a bunch of pests on my other plants too.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Hunner4 wrote:
I planted some Snap Dragons and Fly traps and now every single day when I check on my plants I have at least 1 level 5 pest. The Fly Swapper spell costs 25 points to use and then I don't have enough magic left to take care of my plants. It is so ridiculous that I have to clear level 5 pests every single day. It makes want to stop gardening. Sometimes I don't get to play every day and then some of my plants start dying. Why can't plants live longer than one day if you don't play every day?

Also, for anyone that thinks that i should grow less plants you are wrong and not thinking about the real problem. I earned my way up to level 8 gardener and earned the area spells to take care of my plants so I should not have a penalty of rank 5 pests every day to deal with now that I am level 8.

25 magic points to use a pest spell is too much for something I have to use every single day. It is basically a penalty for growing higher level plants.
If it only cost 5 or 10 magic points I would not be complaining so much.

And if they cost only 1 point, most wouldn't complain either. Gardening is not just something to fill your time. Believe it or not it does take some strategy. Did you look at the seeds before you planted them? See all those coins that represent the challenge level? Well that challenge level is to let you know that there will be Rank 5 pests and other NEEDs issues from your plant. This has to be factored in before you plant. If all you do is plant high challenge plants, guess what, it will be a challenge. Gardening only goes to level 10 so your nearly there. Don't give up yet!!!