Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Plants just aren't progressing?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2010
I planted a variety of plants (5 couch potatoes, some moon flowers, a sunion, an ultra snow apple, a silver trumpet vine and a grape of wrath) over a week ago and somehow most of them are still at about halfway to elder, and they've pretty much not moved for days, but for some reason 2 of the couch potatoes already got to elder and I harvested them 2 days ago.

I checked and none of them dislike each other and they're only supposed to take roughly 1-2 days, I've been getting on and tending to their needs every couple hours, they even have pixies around. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The progress of plants are totally dependent on the amount of different likes that are within close proximity to the plant.

Having a pixie or two only won't work if you are attempting to grow your plants hastily.

For example, in regards to your Couch Potatoes (good choice by the way), you may want to consider having:

Garden Gnomes around the plants (all plants like this)
Litter (Housing Decor Item)
King Parsely (Another seed)
Sandwich Station (Housing Decor Item)
And of course, growing the plants in either the Botanical Gardens or the Red Barn Farm.

So, as you can see, the more likes a plant has, the faster it will grow. Of course, having Pixies help, but this isn't the only thing that will ensure fast maturing within plants.

Also, a few of your potatoes may be benefiting from the "like" of the pixie while the others aren't. Check to see if this is the case.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
hello294p on May 29, 2019 wrote:
I planted a variety of plants (5 couch potatoes, some moon flowers, a sunion, an ultra snow apple, a silver trumpet vine and a grape of wrath) over a week ago and somehow most of them are still at about halfway to elder, and they've pretty much not moved for days, but for some reason 2 of the couch potatoes already got to elder and I harvested them 2 days ago.

I checked and none of them dislike each other and they're only supposed to take roughly 1-2 days, I've been getting on and tending to their needs every couple hours, they even have pixies around. Does anyone know what could be wrong?
Some plants, like sunions, have a longer growth cycle than others, pretty sure those take up to a week. There is no need to visit your garden several times a day, i would keep it to one a day at most.

Grapes of wrath also have a very long growth cycle, you can find the growth times for most plants in the wiki:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Seeds