Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How close you need to place the items near crops?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2015
Hi! i want to start growing couch potatoes so i checked the wiki and came upon the following lines:

Growth Speed ModifiersModifierItems+10%King Parsley, Ultra King Parsley, Litter+15%Botanical Gardens, Red Barn Farm+20%Pixie, Sandwich Station+25%Tropical Garden Gnome-25%Stinkweed
I am going to grow
the potatoes in the red barn farm and layout them in the shape of a circle with 3 layers,
so i wonder if put put in the corners of the circle the litter, the sandwich station and the gnome will they effect the whole circle or not?
And will they affect the 2 higher layers or not?
Every answer will be appreciated

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
eladrann123 on Aug 20, 2018 wrote:
Hi! i want to start growing couch potatoes so i checked the wiki and came upon the following lines:

Growth Speed ModifiersModifierItems+10%King Parsley, Ultra King Parsley, Litter+15%Botanical Gardens, Red Barn Farm+20%Pixie, Sandwich Station+25%Tropical Garden Gnome-25%Stinkweed
I am going to grow
the potatoes in the red barn farm and layout them in the shape of a circle with 3 layers,
so i wonder if put put in the corners of the circle the litter, the sandwich station and the gnome will they effect the whole circle or not?
And will they affect the 2 higher layers or not?
Every answer will be appreciated
If you're doing them one layer high (eg only on the ground) then I think the like items can fit between the plots. It's a good idea to double check by clicking on the planted seeds to see what likes are registering. I'm not sure if you know, but likes that are plants (eg King Parsley for Couch Potatoes) doesn't need to be alive to give the like bonus! If you don't want to waste energy tending it's needs you can let it die. If you want to be able to add a pixie to it when you've just planted seeds (you can't add pixie until it reaches "young") it can be worth keeping the like plants alive. It depends how much energy you have and whether you consider this additional boost worth it.

Personally, I recommend looking up Skelemystyk's YouTube video "Build A Large 60 Plot Glitch/Stack Garden In 1 Ring - Couch Potatoes". It's tricky to make it right first try but you only make a stack once so I think it is worth it. BTW he did 60 plots instead of 69 so you can fit 2 stacks with all likes in one area without buying a bric-a-brac elixir. you can also cast your spells at ground level and it will affect all plants...but I pop a gnome in the middle of the 3rd layer because I'm bad at aiming without it lol

Even if you don't want to do a stack you might find checking out videos to see how to glitch the likes ABOVE your plot so you don't get trapped on them when you walk near them and so you guarantee only needing 1 of each to cover the full plot. This is VERY simple to do and won't take much effort

With the barn, gnome, King Parsley (or Ultra King Parsley), litter and sandwich station you can expect these growth times:

Seed to young = 5 hours
Young to mature = 11 hours 30 min
Mature to Elder = 3 days 12 hours

Time between harvests = 14 hours 30 minutes

I hope this is helpful. Good luck with your yummy potatoes!