Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How bad of a gardener are you?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I just recently let my life wizard start gardening, I have no idea why because im terrible at gardening, So far ive planted several dozen times and i forget about my plants till i end up going home for something and seeing them laying over dead so i revive or replant only to do the same thing over again lol.
I am one of the worst gardeners in the game. Anyone else out there a terrible gardener?

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
ok i am sry to hear that well i always used to forget but now every day i check them and i am a grandmaster gardener rank 12
you have to remeber

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I think, once you put yourself on a sort of schedule to check your plants, it becomes a habit. Until then, you're at the mercy of the little pests and needs that your plants are demanding (which seems like 24/7).

Not too long ago, I had about 25 Red Bell Peppers. For two months, I would visit them once a day (within 24 hours), and they would all be dying. I would fill their needs, come back the next day, and they would be dying again. Although I hated to do it, I finally gave up on them. I guess the Peppers and I didn't get along.

Now I have 9 gardens total. 6 are Evil Magma Peas (30-plots each), 2 are King Parsleys (30-plots each), and I have one garden that has a huge variety of plants, including the oddball ones (90-plots and growing). I set up a routine to visit them twice a day, and so far, they are successful

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
your not the only one. i myself have left at least 20 plants to die just because i forgot about them. it always slips my mind, you know?

Fellow Bad Gardener Erica ShadowRunner lvl 87(and a half) Balance~over and out

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Mar 30, 2013 wrote:
I just recently let my life wizard start gardening, I have no idea why because im terrible at gardening, So far ive planted several dozen times and i forget about my plants till i end up going home for something and seeing them laying over dead so i revive or replant only to do the same thing over again lol.
I am one of the worst gardeners in the game. Anyone else out there a terrible gardener?
You can't be worse than me. Before I realized I had to go train the Sun, Water, Bee, Magic and Music spells, I kept on planting and reviving!

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
I was also a terrible gardener until an Evil Magma Pea was given to me as a drop on another wiz. When that Pea dropped a mega snack at elder, it all changed. :) I have hundreds of mega snacks now, if I ever get a chance to train my best pet, I might be a mighty wizard :)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2012
Where do you train for sun, pollen, etc?? My plants keep dying, too and I can't find
where to learn that stuff.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
I am a Grandmaster Gardner and i am proud of it. I am not a Grandmaster wizard though.

Bestwizardever28

Survivor
Mar 12, 2013
Gardening can be frustrating, let's all agree on that that. Make yourself a schedule, memorize the schedules, pests, and needs of each of your plants. Plant your seeds in an easily visible location, that way you will always see your plants and what they need as soon as you hit the, "go home" button. Keep within your comfort zone. Start off in your apartment in wizard city. Two large pots are provided for you, and it is an easy way to teach new gardeners energy management.

Once you get more advanced, stick with only 5 or 6 plants to successfully manage your plants. As you get more and more advanced, increase the number of plants you are trying to support. By the final gardening rank you should be managing 10 or more species of plants with 10 or so of each specific type of plant.

It is also very important that you buy the AOE rain spells, music spells, sun spells, etc.

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
At a low lvl I used to waste my time gardening
for good tc *sigh*
Now my energy is well spent pet training.
Valkoor GoldSong lvl 81 myth

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
AnnaDragonslayer on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:
Where do you train for sun, pollen, etc?? My plants keep dying, too and I can't find
where to learn that stuff.
Look for the Garden Trainers in other worlds and look for the one in WC at Golem Court.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
That has happened to me literally like fifty times! I find gardening sometimes more of a hassle than crafting ... Anyway, a good solution to that is none other than stinkweed . Now many people can say that its rewards are terrible but look closely. The ratio of rewards to challenge is unmatched! One challenge to three reward is so worth it .

Defender
May 03, 2009
On my other account, I have a life character. I have been avoiding gardening on her for 3 days (I don't agree with the orange dandelions). I log onto her and go to the garden and all the plants except the 3 wilting orange dandelions (I left them like that for over a week, they just won't die!) and one dandelion are ready to harvest at elder. I think KI wants my life to be a Grandmaster Gardener because she is a grandmaster life wizard. On my main account (this one) I'm going to try to level my sorcerer up to 10 next time I log on (and feel like it) so I can start gardening. Let's hope KI wants my sorcerer to be a Grandmaster gardener too :P

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
Amber Rose
Apprentice Sorcerer
"Why? The world may never know."

By the way, if I ever get to a 'Message Board Promethean', I'm going to start posting stuff on my other account.