Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening Problem In The Red Barn Farm

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2013
Okay so just recently i planted about 8 couch potatoes in my red barn farm.

Beside them i have 2 white tiger lillies and 3 regular tiger lilys.
I also have all the likes for the couch potatoes.
I take care of them every day and night and they were all fine before i went to sleep.
I woke up in the morning to see one of my couch potatoes went back to the "progress to mature" stage and so did 2 of my tiger lillies

. Is this a bug in the red barn farm?

If not can someone tell me what i did wrong.

Archmage (81)

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
Same thing happened to me I planted 14 couch potatoes and 4 of them were at the beginning stage of there growt

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
While I have not heard of a link with the Red Barn Farm, there is a known bug with the Couch Potatoes where they revert back to their seedling stages when their needs are tended to. I have not seen or experienced the same with tiger lilies, and I have been planting them in that house since it was introduced.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I have noticed that the Couch Potatoes revert to seedling when you they are sick and you tend the needs. The signs of sick Couch Potatoes: Hot water bottles, sad/tired faces, bunny slippers, thermometers, blankets, a box of tissue, the couch is moldy and the TV is all tuned out. (static, aka "snow". If you have an old old old TV, turn it to a non-station and you will see what I'm talking about) Kudos to the artist(s) for including all this detail!

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
I have a feeling this is not a bug but a random feature to make growing and harvesting CPs a bit more challenging since the rewards are pretty good once growing has started.

I was wondering if there is a way to "cure" them instead of just tending needs and avoid the reversal back to potato.

I did open up a bug report just try and confirm this is expected behavior and not a bug. I would appreciate it if a KI-engineer would answer me that so I can have closure :).

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
i planted about 15 maelstrom snap dragons all at the same time, meaning within 5-10 minutes of each other. for some reason, the 3 furthest at the top grew faster than all the others. they also reached the elder harvest faster than the rest of them. this was also in the red barn farm.
i think it may be some kind of bug in the red barn farm, buts its kind of good.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Basilisk Commander on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
i planted about 15 maelstrom snap dragons all at the same time, meaning within 5-10 minutes of each other. for some reason, the 3 furthest at the top grew faster than all the others. they also reached the elder harvest faster than the rest of them. this was also in the red barn farm.
i think it may be some kind of bug in the red barn farm, buts its kind of good.
I've heard the same thing happening with other plants of widely different types at RBF.

If you have a screenshot or diagram showing where the maturity glitch happens in relation to the fallow fields in RBF, that would be helpful :)

I don't think either Silver Trumpet Vine's reversion or CP's reversion are intentional. It's probably a bug with the code because it happens irregularly.

A lot of folks think if something bad happens in the game, it's because someone deliberately wanted it to happen. This just isn't so in most cases. Most of the time it's human error or a computer glitch.

That said, even if it's deliberate, you can plan around and minimize its effect by just planting in large volumes. A few regressed CP's out of a field of 32 means your harvest will be staggered. This might actually work to your advantage, since it will help you spread the energy cost of replanting elder seeds across several hours.