Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Garden stacking

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I've never been an avid W101 gardener but I do use it as a supplement for small numbers of reagents and TCs. Recently I've decided to dedicate more time and energy to gardening and have read a little about stacking. I've also read contradicting articles about the legitimacy of stacking and whether it's considered an exploit of a glitch and therefore a bannable offence. After a search of the boards I found a post by Prof. Greyrose from September of 2012 in which she indicates that plant stacking is NOT a bannable offense. The basic intent of her post was to specify that gardening spells are limited in their effect to a specific number of plants regardless of how many were stacked so her advice was "stack as many plants as you like".
Like I said though, this post was from nearly two years ago and I haven't found anything newer to go by so I'm asking...

Can anyone point me toward legitimate verification that stacking is legal within the game. And please, just because you do it and get away with it is not verification that it's legit. I'd like a link if possible.

Professor, are you listening too?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Administrator
Hello,

Stacking your plants is not a bannable offense, as the spells are limited in the number of plants they will affect.

It is not supported however, so if you lose a seed, support will not help you get it back.

community@wizard101.com
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Oct 17, 2014 wrote:
Hello,

Stacking your plants is not a bannable offense, as the spells are limited in the number of plants they will affect.

It is not supported however, so if you lose a seed, support will not help you get it back.
Thanks Teach!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Its worth searching online to see and read through as many different available stacking garden walkthroughs and videos as you can find.

I've created stackable gardens before; and ran into all kinds of challenges. Some plots were too close; while others were too far; and this is even after watching and reading through everything I found online..

The real reason I wanted to learn how to stack garden plots was to create a beautiful garden arch at my house.

Regarding garden spells; I'd love to see:

Stackable garden spells:
  • One spell lets you create a column or row of max stacked garden plots.
  • Another spell allows you to create an outline spell
    this forces all of your garden plot spells to appear in it
  • Upgradeable plot spells that allow you to convert regular plots into enchanted ones
I'd also love to see a garden housing item that replenishes or restores your mana; just like the fountains in Pirates 101.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Oct 17, 2014 wrote:
Its worth searching online to see and read through as many different available stacking garden walkthroughs and videos as you can find.

I've created stackable gardens before; and ran into all kinds of challenges. Some plots were too close; while others were too far; and this is even after watching and reading through everything I found online..

The real reason I wanted to learn how to stack garden plots was to create a beautiful garden arch at my house.

Regarding garden spells; I'd love to see:

Stackable garden spells:
  • One spell lets you create a column or row of max stacked garden plots.
  • Another spell allows you to create an outline spell
    this forces all of your garden plot spells to appear in it
  • Upgradeable plot spells that allow you to convert regular plots into enchanted ones
I'd also love to see a garden housing item that replenishes or restores your mana; just like the fountains in Pirates 101.
These are great ideas!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Thanks to everyone who responded and provided links and advice. I appreciate it and am about to go get dirt under my fingernails.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
TucsonWizard on Oct 22, 2014 wrote:
Thanks to everyone who responded and provided links and advice. I appreciate it and am about to go get dirt under my fingernails.
I did this and I ended up losing an evil magma pea seed.. so be VERY careful when you are stacking. Had I known at the start that you COULD lose a seed, I would not of have done it. I found what does help is to slowly harvest the plants.. that way it doesn't get all confused. Hope this helps

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I have been stacking 69 couch potatoes for a couple of years. I have never lost a seed. Once I thought that I had lost a seed, but it had just overflowed into my bank or maybe my attic. So if everywhere a seed can go is filled up then I suppose that it might be possible to loose one.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2013
ok, so How do you stack plants? I have a garden already. I am growing red grapes, purple grapes, elephant ears, silver trumpet vines. I have seeds for alligator pears and angel oak. I would guess the small ones would be stackable. Thanks!

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
peacemaker219 on Jan 9, 2015 wrote:
ok, so How do you stack plants? I have a garden already. I am growing red grapes, purple grapes, elephant ears, silver trumpet vines. I have seeds for alligator pears and angel oak. I would guess the small ones would be stackable. Thanks!
If you would like to meet up sometime, I would be glad to show you how I did it in my garden. We would just have to set a realm, date, and time to meet up. I would probably use my fire wizard Finnigan, or perhaps my myth wizard Alric.

Alternatively, you can also google it or look on youtube -- I believe people have made videos about how to do it