Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Farming for The King

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I've only been playing W101 for a little less than a year but I find it really surprising that there are still so many things I've never seen. One of these things is King Parsley seeds. From what I've read about them they're not necessarily considered rare but in all of the battles I've had with mobs that supposedly drop them I've never gotten one. I'm not complaining. In fact, it's one of the many reasons I keep playing. The same has been true of Angel Oak. I got my first drop just a few days ago. But I digress... back to King Parsley. I know that drops are all totally random but has anyone had any experience getting more consistent KP drops from a specific area or mob?

Survivor
May 12, 2012
The two king parsleys I ever got resulted in me having to kill 200 enemies.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Kevin Strongthorn on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
The two king parsleys I ever got resulted in me having to kill 200 enemies.
Thanks, that's really encouraging!
I'm kidding but that makes me feel like I'm not alone.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I've gotten them from various bosses from Grizzleheim to Azteca, but I've never farmed for them. As for mobs dropping things, you're never as likely to get things from mobs. They only point in trying to farm the mobs is you can fight them faster so more battles, but I find the odds worse.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:King_Parsley

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I don't know how many I've gotten from drops, but the King Parsley itself drops seeds quite frequently during harvests.

I've got hundreds of plants/seeds. Right now I have 5 wizards with 69 garden plots each full of King Parsleys. It's gotten to the point that I feed the seeds to my pet when I harvest them during the mature stage because they just fill up my bank and shared bank if I don't.

I only wish they dropped Amber at Elder as frequently as they drop their own seeds at Mature.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Try Yeva Spiderkeeper in the Crystal Grove, or Kraysys

Another boss that drops these is the Gallium Paladin in the Labyrinth, and he's a "free-roaming" boss, meaning you leave the area for a little bit and come back and he's reappeared.

Bosses generally have more reliable drops of crown seeds and rare items than mobs. If you're farming, you're already committed to repeating battles, so might as well try the boss and see what you get. If you don't get the seed, at least you can get no-auction gear, pets, and unique wands, many of which are high demand for stitching.

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
When you get a couple of king parsley plants, try to get their likes. They have seven likes. Really speeds up the harvest times. They are dropped in battle by over 40 game characters.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
TucsonWizard on Oct 23, 2014 wrote:
I've only been playing W101 for a little less than a year but I find it really surprising that there are still so many things I've never seen. One of these things is King Parsley seeds. From what I've read about them they're not necessarily considered rare but in all of the battles I've had with mobs that supposedly drop them I've never gotten one. I'm not complaining. In fact, it's one of the many reasons I keep playing. The same has been true of Angel Oak. I got my first drop just a few days ago. But I digress... back to King Parsley. I know that drops are all totally random but has anyone had any experience getting more consistent KP drops from a specific area or mob?
I have gotten lots of them, I normally feed them to my pet. But one nice thing about the King, is they will randomly drop their own seeds not just at elder! so one seed could turn in to many!