Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

family garden

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
recently started game with my kids, nephs, nices, bros and sis.

i like gardening.

i would like a big castle with a huge back and front yards, where i can raise everyone's plants.

maybe, a hill with a path criss crossing back and forth. i could set my pots on one side of the path. easy access to each plant. standing in my castle, i could see all the plant like a landscape.

i would like my plants interactive, example, right now i have an exploding mushroom. if i planted a row of them, then i want them to go pop, pop pop in order down the row. maybe you could sell a seed packet bundle with packets numbered 1,2, 3, etc. you could have a shop that lets me combine 2 or 10 seed packets into a packet for a whole row.

i want grateful plants, which thank me after i water them, depest them etc

i want just-for- decoration-plants that i can care for, don't need gold or cards back. and last forever. i know i buy trees, bushes, etc (somewhere ), that are like furniture, i can put in backpack or rearrange etc. just give me a spell to pretend water them.

i want a grove of trees like those in ravendell (raven something) you know the life tree, storm tree, etc. dont need to talk or sell cards, just look cool.

i would like "companion planting" . in organic gardening, i plant stuff to drive away pests from my other plants. my seeds already have likes and dislikes, can they also protect other plants in the area. maybe 2 or more seeds could be planted in a big pot. there could be a shop that lets you mix 2 seed packets.

stupid questions--
can my family give me their seeds?
how do i move around potted plants?
can someone house sit for me and tend my plants?
is there a garden/jungle themed world i could quest on? talking/fighting plants.

Administrator
travisskysong wrote:
can my family give me their seeds?

No. Items other than non-enchanted Treasure Cards cannot be traded between different account logins.
travisskysong wrote:
how do i move around potted plants?
Once a plant has been placed in a plot or pot, it cannot be moved. Pots can be moved once there is no longer a plant growing in it.
travisskysong wrote:
can someone house sit for me and tend my plants?

No. You must tend to your own plants and please do not exchange account information as it may result in sanctions against your account.
travisskysong wrote:
is there a garden/jungle themed world i could quest on? talking/fighting plants.

No, but that sure sounds fun!

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
travisskysong wrote:

No, but there is a Drum Jungle in Zafaria and you can fight Big Green Men, Lord Bramble and other plant-based creatures in Wysteria.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:

travisskysong wrote:

No, but that sure sounds fun!

YES! Brilliant idea! I want to walk around a world getting attacked by Magma peas and boom shrooms! PERFECT! You people amaze me! :D Lovin' this idea.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
travisskysong wrote:

Wysteria's Tanglewood Way and Avalon's The Wild both have talking plants and plants you can fight.

Defender
May 19, 2012
This actually gave me an idea for a new castle. The 'greenhouse' or the 'farm', where you get a huge plot of ground and instead of decorating it with housing items, you can plant a huge garden of vegetables and flowers. Each 'greenhouse' or 'farm' could come furnished with a small outbuilding that maybe could be decorated, but for the most part would be one huge plot of ground.

Instead of treasure cards that can be used in battle, you could 'harvest' these plants for 'snack cards' for training your pets, reagents, or garden treasure cards. While your garden spells cost you so much energy per cast anywhere else, this one castle would give you a huge energy cost reduction since you are planting a huge garden as opposed to a small number of plants. All plants that can be planted elsewhere could be planted here as well, but the option to harvest battle treasure cards is removed for any plants planted within the walls of this 'castle'.

Maybe instead of utilizing your gardening spells, you could have a console of sorts, where you can 'turn the dial' to turn on the sprinkler system, or 'flip the switch' to open the dome roof and allow sunlight to filter in. Each turn of the dial or flip of the switch for each type of plant need would cost you a set amount of energy and would cover all the plants needs in your garden castle. It would be a great way for those high level crafters who need a great number of reagents to get the reagents they need. They would still be 'farming' for those reagents, but instead of farming through battle, they would be farming through planting and harvesting their 'farm'.

Perhaps instead of individual seeds, whole seed packets could be dropped by high level bosses or purchased with crowns. You would have to be a certain level of gardening to use them, and you can only plant by planting whole seed packets on these farms.

As with real life, these crops could be damaged by pests, weather, etc, so that when you do harvest, you may lose a certain percentage of your crops each 'season' which would be random with each planting, so where you might harvest 100% of your crops one 'season', you might only pull in 75% of your crops another season, and maybe only 60% of your crops another season.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
fiziali wrote:
Instead of treasure cards that can be used in battle, you could 'harvest' these plants for 'snack cards' for training your pets, reagents, or garden treasure cards. While your garden spells cost you so much energy per cast anywhere else, this one castle would give you a huge energy cost reduction since you are planting a huge garden as opposed to a small number of plants. All plants that can be planted elsewhere could be planted here as well, but the option to harvest battle treasure cards is removed for any plants planted within the walls of this 'castle'.

Gardening treasure cards...

fiziali wrote:
Maybe instead of utilizing your gardening spells, you could have a console of sorts, where you can 'turn the dial' to turn on the sprinkler system, or 'flip the switch' to open the dome roof and allow sunlight to filter in. Each turn of the dial or flip of the switch for each type of plant need would cost you a set amount of energy and would cover all the plants needs in your garden castle. It would be a great way for those high level crafters who need a great number of reagents to get the reagents they need. They would still be 'farming' for those reagents, but instead of farming through battle, they would be farming through planting and harvesting their 'farm'.

More gardening treasure cards...

fiziali wrote:
Perhaps instead of individual seeds, whole seed packets could be dropped by high level bosses or purchased with crowns. You would have to be a certain level of gardening to use them, and you can only plant by planting whole seed packets on these farms.

Moolinda's gardening pack in crowns shop..

fiziali wrote:
As with real life, these crops could be damaged by pests, weather, etc, so that when you do harvest, you may lose a certain percentage of your crops each 'season' which would be random with each planting, so where you might harvest 100% of your crops one 'season', you might only pull in 75% of your crops another season, and maybe only 60% of your crops another season.

There are already pests, and if they don't get enough resources they wilt. There isn't going to be seasons or day/night in Wizard101, because of time zones/locations.

Defender
May 19, 2012
Sorry, your reply does not make any sense to me. There are no 'farms' in Wizard101 to my knowledge. I don't understand what gardening treasure cards or Moolinda's seed packet in the crown shop has to do with my suggestion?