Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Double seed drops from Elder plants

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
So i'm currently rank 9 in gardening and my friend always tells me that he gets double seed drops when he harvests an elder plant. He is rank 16 and I am wondering if that is the reason and if so what rank do you have to be to get double seeds? We're talking about couch potatos by the way

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
You cannot get double seeds from elder plants UNLESS you are a member and it happens to be "double gardening XP and Rewards" time.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
Sargeant Jaberwaki on Aug 28, 2017 wrote:
So i'm currently rank 9 in gardening and my friend always tells me that he gets double seed drops when he harvests an elder plant. He is rank 16 and I am wondering if that is the reason and if so what rank do you have to be to get double seeds? We're talking about couch potatos by the way
Either your friend is mistaken or is not telling you the truth. Couch Potatoes do not drop two seeds at elder harvest, just one. No matter what rank you are in gardening, the allocation of the rewards is still the same.

Perhaps your friend is thinking of the double gardening rewards bonus, which gives Wizards double rewards when harvesting plants. The member bonus is not currently active.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
He seems to be referring to the Double Gardening member benefit, which I expect will be showing itself when Wizard101's birthday rolls around. Double Gardening lets you get double the drops from your plants for a short while, so your elder Couch Potatoes will drop 2 seeds if you harvest them during that benefit.

Gardening rank does not impact your harvests in any way; just what Spells you can train and what seeds you can plant