Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Double Gardening Rewards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2011
I believe we should get more time to be able to plant and harvest our plants. I mean seriously, only three days (72) hours to plant, then check on them , then finally harvest. We should be getting a minimum of 5 days to be able to get these rewards.

Thanks for your time,

David ThunderFist Lvl 93

Patrick Star Lvl 20

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
Kingsisle, Thank you very much for the Gardening Reward. I don't care if it is two hours long or seventy-two hours it is a great gift for us Gardeners.
Thank you!

Survivor
Sep 11, 2009
I believe it was 4 days (96 hours), but regardless, I strongly agree.

I, by chance, planted Couch Potatoes the night before the gardening rewards began, and as they haven't yet made it half way to elder (with 5 likes surrounding them!!), I doubt I'll be able to get the benefit of the double rewards for the final harvest (and thus get the much coveted double seeds).

Thus, only those fortunate enough to have plants already well on their way to elder when the double gardening rewards begin (with no advance notice that I saw) can take full advantage of it.

I'm sorry, KingsIsle, but I think you should do better. Either make it longer or give a few days advanced notice so that people can get their plants in.

Otherwise, it's rather demoralizing if you're not one of the "lucky" ones (especially when I spent 4 hours the night before to get 4 measly seeds).

And demoralized players may decide to stop their memberships for a while, whereas, with advance notice, non-members might just decide to become members in time so that they can take advantage of double gardening rewards.

Sounds like simple economics to me.

Cassandra SpiritHunter, Level 100

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
YES you are right, please give us more time i never participated in member benefits till now and found out its only a few days like what??? how can i extend my garden for more snacks :(

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
I can understand your disappointment. I harvested an elder Couch Potato thirty minutes before the notice appeared that it was bonus time. Never the less I would rather have a no notice gift than none at all. I returned to my garden and planted plants that I knew would grow fast. I may not get many elders but I am getting the bonus.

I guess I am a planter half full kind of gardener.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2015
Here here! Thank you KI for the amazing rewards! Please please give us more time OR a warning sign (maybe on twitter?). I also didn't have enough time to actually get the rewards on my most important plant. :( feelsbad

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Thank you KI!!!

Thank you for giving us:
-Something completely beneficial
-That you didn't have to do
-That doesn't cost us a dime

Thank you KI for giving us the world so we can complain that it's spinning in the wrong direction!!!