Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best plants to farm for someone starting out?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 13, 2012
Hi guys! A little new to this forum, so bear with me haha.
So basically, I just finished farming boom shroom ( I got the ultra! ) and I wanted to know what are some good plants to farm for treasure cards and reagents? I'm currently rank 7, and I want to farm for storm/balance/death treasure cards. And for reagents I'm looking for some amber at the moment. Thanks!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to the Message Boards!

Now, allow me to assist on you continued Gardening Journey. The following plants are the best for reagent and treasures as they drop one or the other upon regular harvest and at least three treasures at elder:
  • Deadly Helephant Ears
  • Evil Magma Peas
  • Couch Potatoes
  • Sword Fern
  • Ivy League
  • Silver Trumpet Vine
  • King Parsley (Also very rarely drops Amber at Elder only)
  • Deadly Ninja Fig (Also rarely drops Amber).

Just going to provide a disclaimer for the final two plants. Amber is a coveted reagent as you know, in my experience with both the listed plants above, King Parsley seems to drop the reagent about 1 in 50 chance. Yes, the chances are that bad, for the latter, it's 1 in about 47.

So, don't count on those two sources being all too reliable.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2012
Star Edward on Apr 6, 2018 wrote:
Welcome to the Message Boards!

Now, allow me to assist on you continued Gardening Journey. The following plants are the best for reagent and treasures as they drop one or the other upon regular harvest and at least three treasures at elder:
  • Deadly Helephant Ears
  • Evil Magma Peas
  • Couch Potatoes
  • Sword Fern
  • Ivy League
  • Silver Trumpet Vine
  • King Parsley (Also very rarely drops Amber at Elder only)
  • Deadly Ninja Fig (Also rarely drops Amber).

Just going to provide a disclaimer for the final two plants. Amber is a coveted reagent as you know, in my experience with both the listed plants above, King Parsley seems to drop the reagent about 1 in 50 chance. Yes, the chances are that bad, for the latter, it's 1 in about 47.

So, don't count on those two sources being all too reliable.

Thank you for the help! I was planning on grinding amber via crafting/boss drops so I'm not too worried about whether or not the drop is extremely low. I have I think the majority of these so I am definitely going to get right to it! Thanks again!