Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A question about "Fly Swatter"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
I have a question about the gardening spell entitled, "Fly Swatter". Currently, my gardening consists of three pink dandelions, three trumpet vines, and one deadly fly trap. The deadly fly trap has a pixie circling around it. Now, this isn't one of those questions like, "What is it?" or "How did it get there?" (However, I'm still not really sure how it got there, because all I did was give it what it normally needed, plus a little water because my pink dandilions are right next to it, and I tend to use the spell "Shower" to save energy). Rather, I am wondering about how this pixie will go away. I recall, back when gardening was first opening, Professor Greyrose telling us that there can be "Good Pests" on a FAQ fourm. She stated that these pixies are treated as good pests. However, since it is considered a pest can using a "Pest Remover" spell get rid of it? I am aware that regular pest spells like "Fly Swarm" and "Deep Freeze" and "Gusty Winds" will not have any affect on the pixie, but, what about the "Fly Swatter" spell? It says that it gets rid of any rank pest, so what about the pixie? It isn't treated as a pest on the status screen, but it still might get rid of it. So, does anyone know if using this spell will get rid of my pixie? Because if I decide to plant another one of these deadly fly traps, I will most likely have to use this spell, and that might get rid of my pixie, which I do not want to do. I could use Prof. Greyrose's help on this, or even Molinda Woo's or Lady Oriel's.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
The pixie is suppose to be there. It is not a pest. I think it's an animation for the plants. None of the pest removers will get rid of it. I've used them all.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Yes, pixie is a good thing! If you mouse over your plant, it will say "xx likes Pixie". The plants around it can also benefit and may say the same thing. I also have no idea where they come from. Fly swatter won't affect it.

Also, just to be clear, the pixie is green. There is a pest that flies around and looks like the pixie but it is red. I don't recall the name but it is a pest and fly swatter will remove it.

Have fun!

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
addisoncrawford wrote:
Yes, pixie is a good thing! If you mouse over your plant, it will say "xx likes Pixie". The plants around it can also benefit and may say the same thing. I also have no idea where they come from. Fly swatter won't affect it.

Also, just to be clear, the pixie is green. There is a pest that flies around and looks like the pixie but it is red. I don't recall the name but it is a pest and fly swatter will remove it.

Have fun!

Thank you for the information. I am aware that the pixie in my garden is a good thing, I just wanted to know this in case I have to use the spell "Fly Swatter", so I don't remove this pixie by mistake. The pest that you are referring to that is red is entitled "Goulish Wisps" (It might be ghostly wisps, not sure...). It is a rank two pest, and I know that "Fly Swatter" would get rid of this. Gusty Winds would, too. You actually may be referring to another pest, which I don't recall the name either, but I know it is something with an Imp. It is a rank five pest, and, as you stated, "Fly Swatter" is indeed the only spell that will get rid of this pest.

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
addisoncrawford wrote:

Have fun!

BTW, it's called a garden imp, but yeah pixie are :-) other are :-(

Survivor
May 29, 2009
I think it has been stated several times that you cannot accidentally get rid of the fairy. Only the bad pests can be "swatted", so you don't have to worry about hurting that helpful little pixie.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009