Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Homes you can fish at?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2017
So, friend of family was showing off their house and they could fish there, neither of us can in ours, can anyone tell us how to enable it or is it something else?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
All of bundle houses and some crown shop houses allow fishing in them. In the crown shop, all the school-themed houses allow fishing.

Also, you can go on castle tours and fish at any of the houses listed, even if you don't own the house.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
TheBadmagic on Sep 13, 2017 wrote:
So, friend of family was showing off their house and they could fish there, neither of us can in ours, can anyone tell us how to enable it or is it something else?
You can only fish at bundle and school houses, not all houses with water have fish, the watchtower hall for example

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
Only certain houses have this feature. My Polarian Shipwreck and Massive Fantasy Palace have this feature.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2017
Ah, thank you for clarifying all, unfortunate as we thought it might be a quest or purchasable upgrade or something but fair enough.

Its a shame, we have red barn farm and for the crown price we would have thought it would be included with its pond but it does have other benefits such as plants "Liking" the area (don't really know what this actually does) and copious space.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
TheBadmagic on Sep 14, 2017 wrote:
Ah, thank you for clarifying all, unfortunate as we thought it might be a quest or purchasable upgrade or something but fair enough.

Its a shame, we have red barn farm and for the crown price we would have thought it would be included with its pond but it does have other benefits such as plants "Liking" the area (don't really know what this actually does) and copious space.
For every "like," a plant will grow 25% faster.

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Jan 17, 2013

It means that if you garden at that house, your plants will "like" the area, so they'll grow faster than they would normally. I have that house on almost all of my characters since I garden excessively, and almost everyone who has that house uses it just for gardening.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009

The plants liking the house increase the growth rate by 25% it is a pretty good perk :)

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
At first, no houses had fishing. Then, bundle houses had fishing. Later, crown shop school houses had fishing. I have not given up hope that others might also, at some point. They do have such nice bodies of water, so many of them. I also notice that we cannot place our furniture in the water, not even boats, unless using bugged furniture tricks. Maybe they were thinking ahead and leaving room for fish. It would be cool if fish appeared in those houses, perhaps to match fish from the world the house is from, such as MS fish found in the MS Cottage.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
You can always take house tours through the house shops, or visit houses on the members' house tours, to see which have fish.

Acropolis house has fish in a pond.

Any house in a bundle has fish in its water.

Some of those are later in the crown shop and then those will have fish in their water.

I think Massive Fantasy Palace has fish.

Winter Palace or whatever, has fish.

I wish they all had fish.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2015

The house doesn't have any perks only having a large amount of farming space. That's really all.