Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fishing update

1
AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2197
Im sorry, this is a fail. Until the XP rate is addressed, there's no point fishing after you've collected more than one. it's just WAY too cost prohibitive. I'll copy my own post here as to why I won't fish beyond catching one of each (from last time the fishing levels were updated):

According to the new test realm notes, Maximum fishing spell level is now 20.

My issue is, after the first catch, it would take THOUSANDS of fish to gain a level. Currently, to go from L9 to L10, you need 53,640 XP. By that point, you have caught all the fish at least once, so assuming that, you'd need to catch 5,960 of any one dekoi (lowest xp fish) or 2,555 Devil Rays (highest XP fish). That's an AWFUL lot of fishing. I like that you "just" came out with fishing, and already we have 15 levels, but the quantity of fish or the experience makes leveling really tough at higher levels. Maybe if more fish could be added at the same time or maybe granting more experience thru the fishing levels, per fish, would help.

If we compare this to gardening, each seed yields the same XP all the time. There's no diminishing return when we harvest at any level. Perhaps if the fishing XP was LOWERED initially, but maintained a more constant level, it would be more effective.

For example, the Devil ray has an initial XP value of 2,100 XP. What if it was lowered to 210 XP yet you get 210 XP every time you caught one? It would take 10 catches to equal the current XP, but then it would be a higher value down the road, making leveling easier.

This is just an example, and all values should be treated as such.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1127
dayerider on Mar 17, 2016 wrote:
Im sorry, this is a fail. Until the XP rate is addressed, there's no point fishing after you've collected more than one. it's just WAY too cost prohibitive. I'll copy my own post here as to why I won't fish beyond catching one of each (from last time the fishing levels were updated):

According to the new test realm notes, Maximum fishing spell level is now 20.

My issue is, after the first catch, it would take THOUSANDS of fish to gain a level. Currently, to go from L9 to L10, you need 53,640 XP. By that point, you have caught all the fish at least once, so assuming that, you'd need to catch 5,960 of any one dekoi (lowest xp fish) or 2,555 Devil Rays (highest XP fish). That's an AWFUL lot of fishing. I like that you "just" came out with fishing, and already we have 15 levels, but the quantity of fish or the experience makes leveling really tough at higher levels. Maybe if more fish could be added at the same time or maybe granting more experience thru the fishing levels, per fish, would help.

If we compare this to gardening, each seed yields the same XP all the time. There's no diminishing return when we harvest at any level. Perhaps if the fishing XP was LOWERED initially, but maintained a more constant level, it would be more effective.

For example, the Devil ray has an initial XP value of 2,100 XP. What if it was lowered to 210 XP yet you get 210 XP every time you caught one? It would take 10 catches to equal the current XP, but then it would be a higher value down the road, making leveling easier.

This is just an example, and all values should be treated as such.
You nailed it Day! I like fishing a lot but like you say it's cost prohibitive given the less than substantial "rewards?" after the initial catch. Other than catching every fish with the intention of displaying them there's no real steady return. Sure, we have a miniscule chance of getting a chest... and then an even more remote chance of actually getting something good in it... but that's about it. The daily and weekly tournaments offer a little extra but not enough to make it worthwhile after you've gotten the associated badges. I appreciate KI's effort to expand on the fishing experience but the baby step approach isn't cutting it.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2197
TucsonWizard on Mar 17, 2016 wrote:
You nailed it Day! I like fishing a lot but like you say it's cost prohibitive given the less than substantial "rewards?" after the initial catch. Other than catching every fish with the intention of displaying them there's no real steady return. Sure, we have a miniscule chance of getting a chest... and then an even more remote chance of actually getting something good in it... but that's about it. The daily and weekly tournaments offer a little extra but not enough to make it worthwhile after you've gotten the associated badges. I appreciate KI's effort to expand on the fishing experience but the baby step approach isn't cutting it.
the chest issue would be HELPED, if they were to make the darkmoor chests drop ONLY those things that are L100 and up. it's a L100 area, all the rewards should be L100. Fishing chests are an example of a L100 locked area failing to meet expectations. I should NEVER get a L5 item in a L100 locked area. Does that mean that EVERYTHING should be L100 drops of gear? Nope, not one bit. Higher ranked reagents, better gear drops from it (that do NOT have to always be darkmoor), jewels for socketing, mounts, etc can all be dropped and offer a better reward than what we have now. Should fishing chests replace the bazaar? Absolutely not, and Im not trying to. Im trying to fix the risk vs reward, time vs money aspect. Right now it's all time, and very little reward. All they'd have to do is adjust the XP for the first time, and every time after that. What does it say that L15 fishing has been out about a year and central doesnt have the XP chart for levels above 10?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2197
I think also, if we dont get a rank 2 banish sentinel fish spell, people are gonna lose their minds since the current breed can NOT be winnowed as I understand it (correct my wrongness if it's the case)

Community Leader
To help with fishing through rank 2 sentinel am using Fish lullaby. It seems to be working rather well. If all else fails catch the sentinels first, then catch your fish. The only thing I can add is I wish there were more types of new fish. oh and Thank you KingsIsle for the amazing chest drops. I hope more will get into fishing for these. I am hoping for a new quest to fishing so we can get more specialty spells

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2197
Paige MoonShade on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:
To help with fishing through rank 2 sentinel am using Fish lullaby. It seems to be working rather well. If all else fails catch the sentinels first, then catch your fish. The only thing I can add is I wish there were more types of new fish. oh and Thank you KingsIsle for the amazing chest drops. I hope more will get into fishing for these. I am hoping for a new quest to fishing so we can get more specialty spells
Catching the sentinels has always been unpredictable, but yes, that does help. I too wish there were more fish, but the XP value of the second+ fish is just too low to make fishing worth it Im afraid. More spells would certainly be fun. I LOVE that this "new" content is already equal to gardening in levels, but it has a long way to go before I'm really satisfied with it

Community Leader
dayerider on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:
Catching the sentinels has always been unpredictable, but yes, that does help. I too wish there were more fish, but the XP value of the second+ fish is just too low to make fishing worth it Im afraid. More spells would certainly be fun. I LOVE that this "new" content is already equal to gardening in levels, but it has a long way to go before I'm really satisfied with it
Are you talking about the xp after you got the first original fish type? I think it's something like 10% of the original Like 1500 for first , you will get 15 for each after. I know if you catch all the types of fish out there you should be close to level 9 or 10 . Myself? I'm level 10 1/2 .

KingsIsle am I correct thinking its 10% after the first fish is caught? Answered my own question.

Pacuman first time 1700xp rest after 17xp

I have been watching , many chests have harder to get items in them now, for ZF.

Champion
Jun 13, 2011
486
Clearly, the fishing XP ratio needs some updating. How about 100% for first time, 75% for second, 50% third, 25% 4th, & minimum XP from the 5th time & onward?

Also, perhaps KI should increase the newer fish in ZF, even some others in previous worlds, a significant XP increase to better ease up the grind.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2197
Paige MoonShade on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:
Are you talking about the xp after you got the first original fish type? I think it's something like 10% of the original Like 1500 for first , you will get 15 for each after. I know if you catch all the types of fish out there you should be close to level 9 or 10 . Myself? I'm level 10 1/2 .

KingsIsle am I correct thinking its 10% after the first fish is caught? Answered my own question.

Pacuman first time 1700xp rest after 17xp

I have been watching , many chests have harder to get items in them now, for ZF.
it goes from 100% on the first catch to 1% every catch after. using your example of points, 1700 = 100%, 170 = 10%, and 17 = 1%. This is why I mentioned giving less initially, but having it give the same all the time

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1127
Something maybe KI could consider would be adding quantity bonuses. For instance, for every 100 Lifacudas caught you get a bonus 500 Fishing XP. Or maybe a bonus at 100, another at 500 etc. It would not only give us an added XP boost but it would give us intermediate goals that would be an incentive to fish for something other than for crafting or tournaments.
I also think Whoppers and Small Fry should have been treated differently when it comes to XP. As it is, they count as just another fish. I'm not sure what the total number of different fish is up to now but treating Whoppers and Small Fry as something resembling a sub-class would increase "first-catch" bonuses threefold.
If there were, say, 100 different types of fish, this would add 200 first-catch XPs and could add up to between 200,000 & 300,000 additional potential XP. Certainly a lot more "friendly" way of gaining XP than farming thousands of fish you've already caught.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2197
TucsonWizard on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:
Something maybe KI could consider would be adding quantity bonuses. For instance, for every 100 Lifacudas caught you get a bonus 500 Fishing XP. Or maybe a bonus at 100, another at 500 etc. It would not only give us an added XP boost but it would give us intermediate goals that would be an incentive to fish for something other than for crafting or tournaments.
I also think Whoppers and Small Fry should have been treated differently when it comes to XP. As it is, they count as just another fish. I'm not sure what the total number of different fish is up to now but treating Whoppers and Small Fry as something resembling a sub-class would increase "first-catch" bonuses threefold.
If there were, say, 100 different types of fish, this would add 200 first-catch XPs and could add up to between 200,000 & 300,000 additional potential XP. Certainly a lot more "friendly" way of gaining XP than farming thousands of fish you've already caught.
one way to do this would be:

First catch = 100% XP
Catches over "X" size = 15% (perhaps only the largest 2 sizes)
Everything else = 1%

This would reward us for finding bigger fish, which is totally random and no way controlled by the user, so it would be fair on all ends.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
613
TucsonWizard on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:
Something maybe KI could consider would be adding quantity bonuses. For instance, for every 100 Lifacudas caught you get a bonus 500 Fishing XP. Or maybe a bonus at 100, another at 500 etc. It would not only give us an added XP boost but it would give us intermediate goals that would be an incentive to fish for something other than for crafting or tournaments.
I also think Whoppers and Small Fry should have been treated differently when it comes to XP. As it is, they count as just another fish. I'm not sure what the total number of different fish is up to now but treating Whoppers and Small Fry as something resembling a sub-class would increase "first-catch" bonuses threefold.
If there were, say, 100 different types of fish, this would add 200 first-catch XPs and could add up to between 200,000 & 300,000 additional potential XP. Certainly a lot more "friendly" way of gaining XP than farming thousands of fish you've already caught.
I've seen mention of 10 new fish species in Zafaria, which would make it 144 total unique species of fish all together.

Personally I think 10% XP would be quite sufficient for subsequent catches after the first catch with 100% XP. The XP needed for each level is just too high for 1% to even be considered feasible.

Would it be nice to get more XP for whoppers and small fries? Yes, and no. There is definitely some merit and benefit to the suggestion, but I doubt they're going to issue retroactive rewards, and most of us already have so many of these fish in various sizes. Even if there was something done so that we could get those first time rewards for catching the small fries and whoppers again, some of the epic fish were hard enough to find once. Trying to find 3 different sizes of them? I remember how frustrating it was to just find one in the first place for some of them. The fun factor would die very quickly.

Outside of gaining experience though, the benefit to fishing for thousands of fish are the badges you get for catching them. Some people have been able to get there, but I'm afraid I just don't have the time to catch 4,000 fish with every wizard to get the Bass Master badge. As it stands now I only have 1 wizard who has cracked the 1,000 mark to get the Drop the Bass badge. The rest are hovering somewhere between 600 and 1,000 on my 2 main accounts.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1127
High Five Ghost on Mar 19, 2016 wrote:
I've seen mention of 10 new fish species in Zafaria, which would make it 144 total unique species of fish all together.

Personally I think 10% XP would be quite sufficient for subsequent catches after the first catch with 100% XP. The XP needed for each level is just too high for 1% to even be considered feasible.

Would it be nice to get more XP for whoppers and small fries? Yes, and no. There is definitely some merit and benefit to the suggestion, but I doubt they're going to issue retroactive rewards, and most of us already have so many of these fish in various sizes. Even if there was something done so that we could get those first time rewards for catching the small fries and whoppers again, some of the epic fish were hard enough to find once. Trying to find 3 different sizes of them? I remember how frustrating it was to just find one in the first place for some of them. The fun factor would die very quickly.

Outside of gaining experience though, the benefit to fishing for thousands of fish are the badges you get for catching them. Some people have been able to get there, but I'm afraid I just don't have the time to catch 4,000 fish with every wizard to get the Bass Master badge. As it stands now I only have 1 wizard who has cracked the 1,000 mark to get the Drop the Bass badge. The rest are hovering somewhere between 600 and 1,000 on my 2 main accounts.
I'm at a point now that the only reason to fish is for Badges. I've gotten the Fish Whisperer badge for catching enough fish to supply the all-you-can-eat fish fry at the Vatican. According to the Badge page I'm only lacking one (unless this latest update adds more) and I'm not certain what it's for but my best guess is I'm going to have to virtually wipe out the entire fish population of the spiral to get it. And if I level up along the way all the better. Anything KI does to increase potential fishing XP is OK by me.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
929
I guess Boosted Fishing XP is yet another idea to file away in the "Membership Benefit Perks We'd Like to See" folder.

What I was most disappointed in with the ZF fish is that there aren't more new types. ONly a handful of mostly Epic fish, and a sprinkling of reruns from elsewhere (Boss Hog). No new trainers, no new quests, no new spells, no new ways to boost fishing luck.

After reading about all the unique species of fish found in say, Lake Tanganyika and nowhere else on Earth, my expectations of a bounty of new and unique endemic species in ZF were sadly disillusioned.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
613
crunkatog on Mar 21, 2016 wrote:
I guess Boosted Fishing XP is yet another idea to file away in the "Membership Benefit Perks We'd Like to See" folder.

What I was most disappointed in with the ZF fish is that there aren't more new types. ONly a handful of mostly Epic fish, and a sprinkling of reruns from elsewhere (Boss Hog). No new trainers, no new quests, no new spells, no new ways to boost fishing luck.

After reading about all the unique species of fish found in say, Lake Tanganyika and nowhere else on Earth, my expectations of a bounty of new and unique endemic species in ZF were sadly disillusioned.
I thought 10 was a relatively small number as well. Compared to the Dragonspyre update it falls short of the mark. Compared to Celestia, it's bang on.

I too would certainly love to see way more species. Even if it's just another set of "junk" fish like 'cudas, Dekois, and Fish Schools. I've voiced displeasure about them in the past, but it's still something new to catch. Now that I've sold off all of my fish and I'm not trying to save at least one fish of every species I catch, I'm not necessarily concerned about catching "junk" fish anymore.

And as many people have mentioned, it sure would be nice to have some more fishing quests. Doesn't have to be anything elaborate, and I don't even care about the rewards. Just something that gives the illusion that you're fishing for something more than just climbing the ladder to new badges.

Administrator
We’ve been receiving feedback on the difficulty of reaching fishing level 20 here and through bug reports – and after further evaluation, we agree with you. While absolutely possible, it’s very challenging for anyone to get there anytime soon. In that light, we’re going to make some changes in an upcoming update to the Test Realm.

First, we’re going to leave the level cap at 15 as it is on Live for a while. The bump to level 20 isn’t needed right now.
Second, we’re going to smooth out the experience needed to advance to the next rank at higher levels.
Third: we’re also toning down the sentinel fish a bit.

With future updates to Live (summertime and beyond), we’ll look into adding more fish to catch, and potentially some new quests, and spells in your arsenal.

Thanks for your constructive feedback and helping us test out new content before it goes live!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea (aka Leah Ruben, your fearless Producer!)
Squire
Jul 18, 2009
542
Professor Falmea on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
We’ve been receiving feedback on the difficulty of reaching fishing level 20 here and through bug reports – and after further evaluation, we agree with you. While absolutely possible, it’s very challenging for anyone to get there anytime soon. In that light, we’re going to make some changes in an upcoming update to the Test Realm.

First, we’re going to leave the level cap at 15 as it is on Live for a while. The bump to level 20 isn’t needed right now.
Second, we’re going to smooth out the experience needed to advance to the next rank at higher levels.
Third: we’re also toning down the sentinel fish a bit.

With future updates to Live (summertime and beyond), we’ll look into adding more fish to catch, and potentially some new quests, and spells in your arsenal.

Thanks for your constructive feedback and helping us test out new content before it goes live!
YES, thank you! The sentinel fish turned me off fishing completely and I'll be lad to see the severity of that aspect of fishing decreased hopefully to the point that it's actually enjonyable to fish again. Thank you for listening to our feedback.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
613
Professor Falmea on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
We’ve been receiving feedback on the difficulty of reaching fishing level 20 here and through bug reports – and after further evaluation, we agree with you. While absolutely possible, it’s very challenging for anyone to get there anytime soon. In that light, we’re going to make some changes in an upcoming update to the Test Realm.

First, we’re going to leave the level cap at 15 as it is on Live for a while. The bump to level 20 isn’t needed right now.
Second, we’re going to smooth out the experience needed to advance to the next rank at higher levels.
Third: we’re also toning down the sentinel fish a bit.

With future updates to Live (summertime and beyond), we’ll look into adding more fish to catch, and potentially some new quests, and spells in your arsenal.

Thanks for your constructive feedback and helping us test out new content before it goes live!
That is so encouraging. I thought back when Celestia fishing launched there was mention that all sentinel fish were going to be Rank 1 so that the Banish Sentinel spell would work. I haven't been back to Celestia to fish for a while, so maybe the Rank 2 sentinels there were changed to Rank 1. Though if there is eventually a Banish Sentinel spell that affects Rank 2, then it's no big deal.

Last night was the first time I actually got around to testing Zafaria fishing. I think I emptied my entire energy globe once just getting rid of sentinels before I could even start looking at catching other fish. Test Realm isn't so bad with all of those free Crowns to refill energy to continue fishing, but yeah... it would have driven me nuts in Live.

Champion
Jun 13, 2011
486
Professor Falmea on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
We’ve been receiving feedback on the difficulty of reaching fishing level 20 here and through bug reports – and after further evaluation, we agree with you. While absolutely possible, it’s very challenging for anyone to get there anytime soon. In that light, we’re going to make some changes in an upcoming update to the Test Realm.

First, we’re going to leave the level cap at 15 as it is on Live for a while. The bump to level 20 isn’t needed right now.
Second, we’re going to smooth out the experience needed to advance to the next rank at higher levels.
Third: we’re also toning down the sentinel fish a bit.

With future updates to Live (summertime and beyond), we’ll look into adding more fish to catch, and potentially some new quests, and spells in your arsenal.

Thanks for your constructive feedback and helping us test out new content before it goes live!
Thanks, Professor Falmea! I did wonder there weren't more new fishing quests lately with more new fish being added to more worlds.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2197
Professor Falmea on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
We’ve been receiving feedback on the difficulty of reaching fishing level 20 here and through bug reports – and after further evaluation, we agree with you. While absolutely possible, it’s very challenging for anyone to get there anytime soon. In that light, we’re going to make some changes in an upcoming update to the Test Realm.

First, we’re going to leave the level cap at 15 as it is on Live for a while. The bump to level 20 isn’t needed right now.
Second, we’re going to smooth out the experience needed to advance to the next rank at higher levels.
Third: we’re also toning down the sentinel fish a bit.

With future updates to Live (summertime and beyond), we’ll look into adding more fish to catch, and potentially some new quests, and spells in your arsenal.

Thanks for your constructive feedback and helping us test out new content before it goes live!
EXCELLENT! Thank you very much for proving once again that you guys DO listen to our feedback. Rock on and happy hunting :)

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
121
Professor Falmea on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
We’ve been receiving feedback on the difficulty of reaching fishing level 20 here and through bug reports – and after further evaluation, we agree with you. While absolutely possible, it’s very challenging for anyone to get there anytime soon. In that light, we’re going to make some changes in an upcoming update to the Test Realm.

First, we’re going to leave the level cap at 15 as it is on Live for a while. The bump to level 20 isn’t needed right now.
Second, we’re going to smooth out the experience needed to advance to the next rank at higher levels.
Third: we’re also toning down the sentinel fish a bit.

With future updates to Live (summertime and beyond), we’ll look into adding more fish to catch, and potentially some new quests, and spells in your arsenal.

Thanks for your constructive feedback and helping us test out new content before it goes live!
Fishing is fun in this game, but it very hard to enjoy it due to the lack of xp you get from a fish. Now I know you are going to make some changes, but then if the cap was lowered and you start giving out too much xp, then it would be easy for anyone to level up in fishing. Unless you are setting the system to be like gardening, then that can work with everyone who fishes for long time and now they can earn more of what they get. Other than that, I really hope the changes you make would be successful and make fishing more easier and fun.

71
-Alejandro

Community Leader
There are good points in this topic. I think the First Catch XP for fish caught in higher worlds should be better than the previous lower worlds. To this point, the xp is still up to 2100 xp at least. They should be increased in scale to the fishing levels available. If not enough new fish are not introduced, it will make it difficult to level up. By now, they should be up to 3k xp at least I think? Maybe more, I'm not sure. I'm quite horrible at math lol.

I'm not sure if you can answer, but how many new fish in Zafaria for sure? So far I think there's ten? Is that accurate? If all fish were 2k each approx for their First Catch xp, that's 20k xp total approx. Barely enough for one level.

That being said, I don't think the new level cap should be removed. But I think the First Catch XP for fish should be adjusted and increased significantly instead. Also level 20 is great, but when increasing the level cap, new fishing spells should be introduced too?

But I got to say this, the sentinels are a bit much in Zafaria. They respawn even when I fish them out. The most difficult place I would say is the very first area in Zafaria, Baobab Crossroads I believe. Do not forget the small fishing area next to the rowboat in Drum Jungle. There's quite a lot of sentinels for a small area of water.

Thank you all for your hard work. Can't wait to see all of the fixes and the polished results
-K

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Community Leader
I just went on the test realm and checked my fishing level. I have ALL fish in game and I'm still Level 10? To be more specific, I am about 10k xp away from Level 11. This includes Zafaria test realm fish. This is what I mean. This is why I am not leveling up because the fish's First Catch xp is not in scale to the fishing xp needed to gain a level.

This makes me think that what if the other fish in other worlds should be also adjusted for their xp? Holiday fishes? I'm not sure.

Happy Camel Day!
-K

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
30
Professor Falmea on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
We’ve been receiving feedback on the difficulty of reaching fishing level 20 here and through bug reports – and after further evaluation, we agree with you. While absolutely possible, it’s very challenging for anyone to get there anytime soon. In that light, we’re going to make some changes in an upcoming update to the Test Realm.

First, we’re going to leave the level cap at 15 as it is on Live for a while. The bump to level 20 isn’t needed right now.
Second, we’re going to smooth out the experience needed to advance to the next rank at higher levels.
Third: we’re also toning down the sentinel fish a bit.

With future updates to Live (summertime and beyond), we’ll look into adding more fish to catch, and potentially some new quests, and spells in your arsenal.

Thanks for your constructive feedback and helping us test out new content before it goes live!
These sounds excellent - they address every fishing concern I've heard thusfar. One question for you -

Because first catch XP only applies on the first catch, will smoothing out the XP requirements affect wizards retroactively? That is to say, if I put in a lot of time reaching an additional rank, is that XP then lost while those who did not put in the effort would receive it on the new curve?

Thanks!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1127
Professor Falmea on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
We’ve been receiving feedback on the difficulty of reaching fishing level 20 here and through bug reports – and after further evaluation, we agree with you. While absolutely possible, it’s very challenging for anyone to get there anytime soon. In that light, we’re going to make some changes in an upcoming update to the Test Realm.

First, we’re going to leave the level cap at 15 as it is on Live for a while. The bump to level 20 isn’t needed right now.
Second, we’re going to smooth out the experience needed to advance to the next rank at higher levels.
Third: we’re also toning down the sentinel fish a bit.

With future updates to Live (summertime and beyond), we’ll look into adding more fish to catch, and potentially some new quests, and spells in your arsenal.

Thanks for your constructive feedback and helping us test out new content before it goes live!
Thank you, thank you and thank you. Kudos for letting us know you're listening and taking positive steps towards a more rewarding fishing experience. All of the adjustments you've mentioned are much needed and greatly appreciated. I wondered why KI even bothered to raise the level cap in the first place given that there's no clear cut reason to level up that high other than for badges. And I love the fact that you're reigning in the Sentinels a bit. I'm looking forward to the potential new quests, spells and new fish.
Thanks again.

1