Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fishing tournament

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
61
I believe I heard my wizard's name as one of the winners of the fishing tournament but I don't know who or where to contact to claim the prize. Where will the list of winners be posted. I'd like to compare the size of fishes I caught to the winners. Thanking you in advance.

Calamity Hexcloud

Explorer
Apr 18, 2013
63
LuckyLarry740 on Jun 28, 2019 wrote:
I believe I heard my wizard's name as one of the winners of the fishing tournament but I don't know who or where to contact to claim the prize. Where will the list of winners be posted. I'd like to compare the size of fishes I caught to the winners. Thanking you in advance.

Calamity Hexcloud
I'd too like to find the winners list. I've been searching for it and am not finding it yet.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
61
I found the list of winners under event from sparck's announcement of the contest. There is a link to click on and it gives the listings as well as the rules they had. You had asked about box jelly in that posting. I don't know if the box jelly that you fished for counted. They never replied. I had a lot of cuddlefish and I don't know if that counted towards "jellyfish" type. Also had pharamari. I think ALL the fishing posts should be under fishing. There are now too many places to look. Just saying..

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2106
LuckyLarry740 on Jun 28, 2019 wrote:
I believe I heard my wizard's name as one of the winners of the fishing tournament but I don't know who or where to contact to claim the prize. Where will the list of winners be posted. I'd like to compare the size of fishes I caught to the winners. Thanking you in advance.

Calamity Hexcloud
For tips and questions we have to contact community@wizard101.com

I think it might be the same for the fishing tournament but it might be automatic and drop into your giftbox since it is the actual wizard account that won (they already know who you are).

Check your gift box and if it isn't there just message community@wizard101.com letting Sparck know who you are, what you won and the username of the account you'd like it to go to.

Don't worry, you will get your prizes!

Administrator
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 1, 2019 wrote:
For tips and questions we have to contact community@wizard101.com

I think it might be the same for the fishing tournament but it might be automatic and drop into your giftbox since it is the actual wizard account that won (they already know who you are).

Check your gift box and if it isn't there just message community@wizard101.com letting Sparck know who you are, what you won and the username of the account you'd like it to go to.

Don't worry, you will get your prizes!
Thanks Victoria! If I don't respond in a few days, please email again, and ping me here or elsewhere if necessary :). Sometimes emails don't go through for whatever reason.

Explorer
Apr 18, 2013
63
LuckyLarry740 on Jul 1, 2019 wrote:
I found the list of winners under event from sparck's announcement of the contest. There is a link to click on and it gives the listings as well as the rules they had. You had asked about box jelly in that posting. I don't know if the box jelly that you fished for counted. They never replied. I had a lot of cuddlefish and I don't know if that counted towards "jellyfish" type. Also had pharamari. I think ALL the fishing posts should be under fishing. There are now too many places to look. Just saying..
Thanks LuckyLarry740! And congrats if you won. Did you? LOL, I see Richard Head won (idk how that name is allowed). I found the winners list here, just like you said.
Did they post the screenshots anywhere?

Sparck emailed me that Box Jelly counted as Jellyfish - after the event was over. LOL

However, I have a concern with the smallest Eel type fish. I know the smallest Eel fish to be Duckbill Eel. But Duckbill Eel is nowhere close to the ones caught to win this category.

The smallest Eel type fish
Week 1: Victoria DreamDreamer w/11.769166 inches
Week 2: Andrew DawnCrafter w/11.97462 inches

So, which fish won each category Can you please post this!?

@Sparck, for future fishing events, before it starts, please give a list of exactly which fish qualify per category. I feel I wasted time and energy going for Duckbill Eel.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2106
stemogstel on Jul 3, 2019 wrote:
Thanks LuckyLarry740! And congrats if you won. Did you? LOL, I see Richard Head won (idk how that name is allowed). I found the winners list here, just like you said.
Did they post the screenshots anywhere?

Sparck emailed me that Box Jelly counted as Jellyfish - after the event was over. LOL

However, I have a concern with the smallest Eel type fish. I know the smallest Eel fish to be Duckbill Eel. But Duckbill Eel is nowhere close to the ones caught to win this category.

The smallest Eel type fish
Week 1: Victoria DreamDreamer w/11.769166 inches
Week 2: Andrew DawnCrafter w/11.97462 inches

So, which fish won each category Can you please post this!?

@Sparck, for future fishing events, before it starts, please give a list of exactly which fish qualify per category. I feel I wasted time and energy going for Duckbill Eel.
Maybe the Quetzacodl? They're smaller and likely classed as eels (they're serpents and eel means snake-like).

I agree it would be helpful to specify the fish being included on any category that may be ambiguous

Well done to all the winners and ty to KI for having more competitions/events

Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
61
I did win the largest codfather week 2. Thanks stemogstel for your good wishes.
Thanks Sparck and Victoria FireHeart. I did receive my prize for the event.
Haven't seen any screenshots but maybe it's for the KI live event the last Thurs. of the month.
I would like to know the type of smallest eel and jellyfish caught. I caught grape jellyfish, cuddlefish, and dragon eel. Nothing as small as 11 inches. I must have missed the speck in the water. LOL. I didn't think duckbill eel was the smallest eel type. I dropped my fishing pole the first and only time I caught that one. LOL.

Looking forward to the next fishing event!!

Administrator
I'm glad this event worked out pretty well. I think we'll run it at least once a year and keep improving it as we go!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2106
Sparck on Jul 5, 2019 wrote:
I'm glad this event worked out pretty well. I think we'll run it at least once a year and keep improving it as we go!
It worked out really well and was a fun competition. Thank you for coming up with new ideas and making new things happen with W101 and the community

Do you think it might be possibe to do free fishing for all next time? It would be very positive to add this so it's all about fishing...and giving non-members a taste of what member benefits are like too.

IDK if that's too much, but I think it would put a massive spot-light on fishing and encourage even more participation. I especially liked the categories for smallest and biggest because there is a chance for having a shot to get the winning fish, without reducing the incentive to fish lots as well

PS. I am really looking forward to the new fish arriving as well, I can't wait to see the new designs and catch them all on all my wizards!

Explorer
Apr 18, 2013
63
Sparck on Jul 5, 2019 wrote:
I'm glad this event worked out pretty well. I think we'll run it at least once a year and keep improving it as we go!
I'l take two a year please! But you have got to let us know which fish types are in the categories. Catching fish in sizes is a specialty for some, but we can't go wasting time and energy on the wrong species of fish.

Sparck - What Eel type fish won the category
What Jelly type fish won its category

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
148
What is the difference between this fishing tournament and the weekly fishing tournament??? I've been trying to find out how and where to submit an entry . . . to no avail. Have a fish to submit for the current tournament and nothing telling me how to do it at the Lucky guy in the commons.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
148
OK. might have found a problem . . . fishing for the humunukapua . . caught several and couldn't find a way to submit one . . . used a different wizard (Diana Greenheart) until I could figure it out and she caught one 12.95 lb and a notice jumped up and said she had caught the tournament fish and if she submitted it, it would be removed from her backpack, so I submitted it . . . however, the one Brooke caught earlier is 43.2 lb and she didn't get the popup; the one John caught was 43.4 lb and he didn't get the popup either; Autumn Rain caught on at 37 bl and she didn't get the popup either.

These wizards are from two different paid accounts, so why did the smaller on get the popup and not the larger ones when tournament is for largest fish?? Someone ecplain this to me as it's driving me crazy!

Thank you.

Historian
Feb 12, 2015
610
cardorarla on Jul 9, 2019 wrote:
OK. might have found a problem . . . fishing for the humunukapua . . caught several and couldn't find a way to submit one . . . used a different wizard (Diana Greenheart) until I could figure it out and she caught one 12.95 lb and a notice jumped up and said she had caught the tournament fish and if she submitted it, it would be removed from her backpack, so I submitted it . . . however, the one Brooke caught earlier is 43.2 lb and she didn't get the popup; the one John caught was 43.4 lb and he didn't get the popup either; Autumn Rain caught on at 37 bl and she didn't get the popup either.

These wizards are from two different paid accounts, so why did the smaller on get the popup and not the larger ones when tournament is for largest fish?? Someone ecplain this to me as it's driving me crazy!

Thank you.
I think you got the notification for Lucky Hookline's weekly fishing tournament. You have to catch a specific fish of a specific size. It seems that the humunukapua was that week's tournament.

This fishing tournament can be accessed when speaking to Lucky Hookling in the Commons.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
148
Lookit Light on Jul 10, 2019 wrote:
I think you got the notification for Lucky Hookline's weekly fishing tournament. You have to catch a specific fish of a specific size. It seems that the humunukapua was that week's tournament.

This fishing tournament can be accessed when speaking to Lucky Hookling in the Commons.
yes, humunukapua but no mention of size limits

specific fish, yes; but no mention of specific size as winners are picked by weight of fish . . . so I cant understand why a larger fish would not be counted besides which, the other wizards caught smaller sizes that were still passed on. How is one to find out the restrictions??

Very hard to understand without guidelines . . . unless small fry is supposed to be of some significance

Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
61
It was for humunukapau--small fry. Therefore the 37 and 43 inch ones that you caught were not eligible for the weekly tournament. A message will pop up when you catch the correct size if you would like the fish to be entered in the weekly tournament. If you say yes it will be removed from your backpack.

This week is for Errol Flynn--whoppers. Big ones!!

Look at the fishing tome or the picture of the fish when you catch it. Below the fish you caught on the right is an insert of either a small fish(small fry), regular size, or a big fish(whopper).

Good luck! Happy fishing!