Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

3 Attempts per day in Deckatholon is not enough

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2019
Hello.

I wanted to say that 3 attempts per day is not enough for a variety of reasons.
Most namely because we are human and we make mistakes. After being completely obliterated by a spectral blast that hit for 427 (with a 55% tower shield on) in stage 4, I angrily rushed back in to go complete stage 4, however in my anger rushing back in I forgot to reload my treasure cards so I essentially wasted a run because I did not have enough treasure cards to finish stage 4.

I'm a bit upset at how I feel punished for making an oversight mistake like this. This means I only got 2 runs today, rather than 3. Which sets me far back and also annoys me because my main (and only wizard) is a balance so I am trying my darndest to craft the highest deck I can.

If y'all are going to place such intense restrictions on this event, such as gear limitations then please lift the run limitations. Yes, I understand that we can run this on alt wizards, however there is still a total run limitation since accounts cannot hold more than 6-7 wizards. Also, not everyone has 6 wizards. As I mentioned earlier, I have 1 main wizard, a 140 Balance, and I am very comfortable having only one. I do not want to be forced into creating a new wizard just to enjoy this event.

On another note, to speak to the enjoyability of the event, I feel it would be much more fun if there were no run limitations. Honestly, 3 runs per days STRESSES ME OUT because I have to overprepare and be ready for the worst outcomes. Today I lost stage 4 twice because the enemies love hitting me with spectral blast then following up with a 3 pip spell directly thereafter. Nobody has over 900 health to tank this kind of hit (yes, with tower shields on). So after today's hopeless runs I feel incomplete and unsatisfied that I couldn't make any further progress in the deckatholon event. And there's nothing I can do about it except spend 10+ hours of my life making an alt wizard fodder to try again and fail again and repeat this cycle of disappointment.

Please just lift the run limitations on this event. Infinite runs.
I see no problem in this considering the drops/gear from this event are outdated anyway (the ONLY worthwhile thing being the 6-10 rank decks, which is feeling impossible to achieve with only 3 attempts per day where I keep getting spectral blasted into oblivion).

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Plan and double check before you go in. Players being impulsive isn't KI's fault.

Keep in mind you get 3 pet day, per character. You can test on one, then run for points on another.

For Spectral Blast counter-measures, try combinations of elemental shield, tower, and weakness or plague. They also do Mana Burn, so don't sit on a lot of pips. Debuff, buff, hit, repeat...

Survivor
Mar 03, 2020
It also doesn't help that balance decka is just overwhelmingly harder than most of the other ones, especially compared to life.
- no 85 balance shield, have to tower (which already lowers your defense)
- as you said, spectral doesn't calculate via balance damage, so any sockets towards balance flat damage are useless to it (if it lands lightning it'll do 300+ through a tower too.)
- mana burn from stage 5+ (they literally spam it. i lost a run because i couldn't do anything. they'd burn every 2-3 turns and i couldn't get pips to do anything.)

i do think in general that these events shouldn't have the 3 limit on it, aside from making the deck more rare (which idk about) it'd seem like they do it to make the pet more rare too, but the pet can be obtained by farming the first 3 floors with all your credits anyways.

feels like a sidenote here but feel like maycasts heals just simply dont want to work in these events. i have a mc sprite/spritequeen/healingcurrent/frozen kraken trained pet and i have gotten one maycast through 6 credits. max happiness all throughout, feel like it's such a useless stat if my pet isn't going to casting at all (i dont even expect it like every turn, just feel like it with max happiness it should be more than just one time through 6 credits.)

Survivor
Apr 07, 2019
Gemma Luna on Jan 14, 2021 wrote:
Plan and double check before you go in. Players being impulsive isn't KI's fault.

Keep in mind you get 3 pet day, per character. You can test on one, then run for points on another.

For Spectral Blast counter-measures, try combinations of elemental shield, tower, and weakness or plague. They also do Mana Burn, so don't sit on a lot of pips. Debuff, buff, hit, repeat...
it's like you didn't read my post at all. thanks for attempting to offer solutions however nothing you suggested is helping my issue in any way.

i'm pleaing out to KI to lift the 3 runs per day restriction. i didn't ask for your unsolicited (and half-baked) advice, but thank you for trying. i'm well aware of the strats for handling spectral blast. however strats are out the window when you're constantly getting mana burned, weaknessed, mantled, and multiple different forms of hex, + enemy pierce. there's no chance to put up shields let alone multiple shields or debuffs to protect myself when i just fizzle

the event needs to be nerfed/reworked plain and simple. but this isn't a thread about lack of proper balance, it's about why the event was gutted when they started restricting it to 3 runs per day (per character).