Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire: Hard or Easy???

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Ok, i am soooooooooooo excited that i am sort of almost to dragonspyre academy! Cause that means that when i am done with dragonspyre academy, i will hopefully get to fight malistaire!!!!!!!!!!! yay! But of course i am gonna want to know what i am up against when the time comes, but to tell you the truth i am more just curious(lol). so anyway, how much life does he have? how hard is he? he is death, right? and if there is anything else anyone can tell me, please DO NOT hesitate to tell!

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 47 Master sorcerer

Defender
May 08, 2009
I am only in mooshu but I am pretty sure he has 10,000 health.I forgot his minions, if he has any.Team up with three other friends and you sure to beat him.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
i am a myth level 48 and i have defeated Malistare 4 times. he has 10,00 health rank 10 boss and has for other minions all rank 7 elite with 1,395 health each. i know he sounds very hard but he is surprisingly easy. here is a short walk through of the great spyre dungeon:
everyone should be level 40+ and have full potions. you need a bait for the first area. that will take up to of the baits potions.
next floor you will have up the elevator. and one of your members stay right at the elevator. the person with one potions should be bait one last time for a gurtuk. a member runs across avoiding the current battle. and stays by the crystal stand but does not activate it. the bait then ports back to the person in front of the elevator. repeat the process with the bait and the elevator person switching positions. finally after repeating this process 3 times you are now ready to activate the crystals. activate all three at once and a door to the crown of fire will open enter and you will be at malistare. after the long walk to malistare you find a door and to creatures kill them at the exact time and the door will open. next you will fight for minions rank 7 elite with 1,395 health each. after they are dead malistare will be drained of his power and cyrus appears. after i very long lecture malistare is ready to "kill you" and control the dragon titan. i know this sounds like a very long process but it's easy and takes only about 1 hour and 1/2

i hope this helped it should have because i told you all you need to know.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Darkhole54321 wrote:
I am only in mooshu but I am pretty sure he has 10,000 health.I forgot his minions, if he has any.Team up with three other friends and you sure to beat him.
Well that would be dumb! Me a minion and another wizard beat a guy with 10,000 health no problem{gurdok demon}

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Darkhole54321 wrote:
Hi its Michael Stormrider (lvl 45) and i will tell you what i know about versing malistare. Ok malistare has 10,000 HP he is the school that everyone loves (sometimes)DEATH minions are living dead wizard and you always wanna have help , also after you defeat him you get a badge called "savior of the spiral". here is a tip always have at least one healer and bring cards that damage all people

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
he is so easy. i beat him every time. i think malistare should be able to use all of the lvl 42 moves and scarecrow and fire dragon.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
ok this is all i know.... he has 100,000 health ( i think... ) he is REALLY hard and he is death :) good luck P.S Im still in krockotopia i just looked the stuff up

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
oh yeah i forgot to say his minions are soul servaints :) again good luck

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Malistaire is relatively easy. Getting to him is the pain. In other words, in order to succeed, personally, I had to gather three lvl 48-50 friends with text chat. The TEXT CHAT part is extremely important, because I tried to communicate with people who had menu chat and it is totally hard because they don't understand a word you're saying OR what to do. If possible, use friends who have already done the quest or have the same quest. It's a pain to do it twice if you haven't already done it once.

Yes, Malistaire has 10000 health. He has three other minions. Use your friends. It's really easy. Here was my team's battle plan that worked great:

Put on blades, traps, etc and possibly feints to build up your pips. Then you all use your good spells (for my team it was Scarecrow, then Frost Giant, then Dragon, then the storm one, whatever it was) that hit all enemies. Repeat until the minions are gone then gang up on Malistaire. The actual fight takes eight minutes average, the getting to him is longer. Of course, if you skip all unnecessary fights, such as the onis and such beside the elevating platform, it goes faster.

So, to wrap it up, Malistaire is easy, just be prepared for fights along the way.

~Katherine Deathstone, lvl 50 Necromancer

Hero
May 02, 2009
To me, the Gurtok Demon is tougher than Malistaire.

His minions are some Soul Servants, Rank 8 Elite, Death.

He drops robes of all class and a dagger, grandmaster level, and a ring, level 45+.

Good luck.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Wow! Thanks guys! I feel prepared for when i have to beat him soonish. I just hope i will find people to help me because i dont have text chat.

P.S i am refering to what avatarkai said about text chat.....

Kestrel Ghostwalker~lvl 47 Master sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Sup i am Wolf Titanblade ~ lvl 48 diviner
i beat malistaire so much time i have all of his stuff
he is really easy if you have a good team which includes:
1 lvl 48+ life
2 at least one ice
3 any other person above 48, my team was me and my lvl 50 friends

This will make it very easy to beat malistaire, here is a link i found that really helped me with collecting stuff:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4930

so ya its very helpful it gives everything each boss gives that is unique
when i vs Vladimir Darkflame i found a death lepurcaun pet so ya i hope it helps
cya :)

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Ok, i am soooooooooooo excited that i am sort of almost to dragonspyre academy! Cause that means that when i am done with dragonspyre academy, i will hopefully get to fight malistaire!!!!!!!!!!! yay! But of course i am gonna want to know what i am up against when the time comes, but to tell you the truth i am more just curious(lol). so anyway, how much life does he have? how hard is he? he is death, right? and if there is anything else anyone can tell me, please DO NOT hesitate to tell!

I'm looking to team up to finish this quest.

Brian Rosegrove lvl 50 Ice

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
He is so easy.I was a level 30 when I first beat him with my level 48 friend.2 people beating Malistaire!And the part with the 2 helephants.You just pass them if you can.

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
Health: 10,000
Class: Death
Death Resistance: Approx. 85-93%
Minions: Three (Death)
He has scarecrow, usually triggered by using a group healing spell such as rebirth
His natural attack spell can hit pretty hard without proper defenses

Overall: He is basically a medium-hard boss

-Level 50 Conjurer

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
I defeated him a while ago and i was suprised . I mean, he is sooo easy! And i thought he was going to do like all these crazy spells and stuff! Ya right! The only spells he did was his regular move(like 390 or 180 or so damage), banshee, and vampire! OMG, he is SO powerful! Oooooh, i'm SO scared of you Malistaire! Wanna a rematch? 8:00, tonight. LOL, JK!!!

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Darkhole54321 wrote:
he has 1000 health always fizzles and 3 minions ok

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Malistaire is surprizingly 8) I should not say now more. He has 100,000 health. Him and sylvia look like they're from Dragonspyre, anyone agree. Oh, by the way, Cyrus Drake Likes nothing but Quite and reserch His fave food is sushi? If i'm not mistaking, Sushi is not quite or reserch, I guess he dont like sushi. I am Elizabeth thundersword, Lvl 31 as of 9/28/09. I watch youtube, and i've seen other dragonspyre girls, Sylvia seems to be a lot like them. Malistaire and cyrus also have a dragonspyre dress style and accent, Their fav foods are the same, except Malistaire is more picky.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
i beatend the game in malistare to easy they need to make him with 100,00 life again

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
why malistare easy i witch i got to fight him when he had 100,00 heath they should make him harder with every move on the game i'm mitchell anvil cloud level 50 death

Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
Him? TOO EASY! Me and four friends killed him in two shots. My helephant 2,000 and someones triton 8,000. true he has 10,000 health but he talks a lot and (it may be true) he kills Cyrus Drake. No one died once or got hurt barely. WEAK: his first attack was (sense I am a high lvl I don't see this spell so I don't remember it's name) it looks like grub and wormguts and one of those zombies. I cheat and do quests in worlds I can't go, to to gain lvls. I lvl 45 but I only in the Drake Hatchery.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Hi Christina Sunblossom here! Lvl 43 Life storm learner. At the beginning you have to activate 3 crystals at the same time to open the crown of fire or whatever. then you have to fight 2 decaying dracicons, then you go up to maliestare, but first you have to fight 4 soul servants, then you fight malistare and 3 soul servants, hope this helps :D

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
I am a life grandmaster and last night I successfully did a solo of the last two battles (the four level eight death guys, and Malistare and his three minions). My friend (grandmaster death) went with me until those and had to leave. You can get to Malistare with two if one uses port on the crystals. On a whim, I decided to attack to see how long I would last.

It was a tough solo fight against Malistare and those minions four against one! I picked off one minion in the third round with a boosted centaur. Then I summoned sprite and cast the heal boost. The sprite kept me healed just enough to pick off the other minions one by one and then Malistare. I needed to use reshuffle by the end and I almost ran out of mana despite starting the fight with a full supply! I would think it would be harder for any other school type to do it, considering I got a crazy high life damage boost against the high-level death types.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
IamLezul wrote:

He is hard he has 10,000 life and he has help.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
he is hard, me and my friends died twice doing it :? he has ten thousand health and three minions. minions have about five hundred health. i just got to dragonspyre but my friends are grands Madison Dragon Pyre lvl 46