Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

malistaire drops the worst stuff now

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 30, 2008
whats with all the food drops man it isnt worth farming anymore...all u get is food when u beat malistaire is that how its gonna be from now on....this is a complaint....we need to have gear drops not food not everybody is into the pet pavillion...thank u for letting me vent and i hate big bananas...lol

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
yea i know i got some dumb food from him and i mad it use to be really cool stuff
I got hats, cloths, decks a bunch of stuff now FOOD

Hero
May 19, 2009
Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
yeah right the other day i was beating malistare right? well I was hoping i was gonna get a useful item that would help me now like a mount or an item that will help me later on.
BUT i did not like what i saw i got A LEVEL FIVE ITEM!

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
same with crafting. I am tired of (occasionaly) fighting malistare and getting CATTAILS and Diamonds! I want GEAR not REGANTS that sell for 4 gold.

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
hagalena wrote:
whats with all the food drops man it isnt worth farming anymore...all u get is food when u beat malistaire is that how its gonna be from now on....this is a complaint....we need to have gear drops not food not everybody is into the pet pavillion...thank u for letting me vent and i hate big bananas...lol

Woah, woah, woah. Let me get this strait. You only got food?! Who needs FOOD? You should only get food on street monsters and stuff. Not in boss dungeons. What would Malistare want with food anyway? To give it to his new pet dragon? lol I mean, come on. That IS something people would complain about. And yeah, people need food to survive but you know what! Wizards don't need food. lol and there is nothing special about it. Just go buy some at the pet pavilion. Gosh darn it. Sometimes that is a pain when you don't get something special if you know what I mean. All that work you did. I:

Defender
May 09, 2009
i havent fought malistair since the new updates came out but if this does happen then i totally agree with you. before the updates came out and i beat malistair i got the crown death sword the one that deals 110 damage for its attack. so it would be a big step down if food was all i got.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2008
hagalena wrote:

Ok, First, thats not funny, and second, who cares what you get. Its not like you are going to defeat him again. The mew world is coming out and I garantee that there will be a lot more cool stuff there. Just be happy that you defeated Malistaire anyways, not everyone gets the chance to defeat him. So just stop complaining. Because complaining will only make things worst. Wizard101 is the adventure of a liftime to me. I may only be on level 30. But I know that "you get what you get, and you don't get upset". So just deal with it Ok.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
dang this is bad i cant get malistaires level 50 hat, robe, and shoes from him
for death this stinks. :(

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Benrocks61 wrote:
dang this is bad i cant get malistaires level 50 hat, robe, and shoes from him
for death this stinks. :(

I have to correct you. You only get Malistaire's gm ROBE from him. Shoes and hat you get from other bosses of the spiral.

Defender
May 09, 2009
Zachula wrote:
hagalena wrote:

Ok, First, thats not funny, and second, who cares what you get. Its not like you are going to defeat him again. The mew world is coming out and I garantee that there will be a lot more cool stuff there. Just be happy that you defeated Malistaire anyways, not everyone gets the chance to defeat him. So just stop complaining. Because complaining will only make things worst. Wizard101 is the adventure of a liftime to me. I may only be on level 30. But I know that "you get what you get, and you don't get upset". So just deal with it Ok.

ok since you havent fought malistair yet then maybe you shouldnt be suggesting ideas on this. because i know for a fact that he did use to drop AWESOME stuff and some not so awesome stuff, but if what this guy says is true and you mostly get a bunch of food then its going to be even harder to get the grand master robes unless you have a bunch of crowns to throw into the chest. and for your saying "you get what you get, and you don't get upset." that is true because you can battle malistair again but some people dont want to. i have a level 48 death guy and i've already beaten the main quest line (a.k.a the one where you fight malistair at the end) and before you fight malistair you have to fight 4 death monsters. after that when you fight malistair he is of course death with 3 of the same death monsters you fought before.

so yes people dont get to upset if you dont get what you want but if all you get is mostly food then yes you have a right to get upset

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
hagalena wrote:

I was lucky, I beat Malistaire a few hours before the update went out.
I logged of right before it went offline, and when i went online after the update, and i beat him again. All i got was a couple of grapes. Now I'm really ticked!!!

Explorer
Oct 08, 2009
hagalena wrote:

well i used a few crowns and i got everything i needed RIGHT away

Survivor
May 02, 2009
i have to disagree. when i faced malistaire like a few days ago i got my lvl 50 robe no problem. if all you get is food you should be glad cuz you get to make pet stronger

Devin Goldenheart
Lvl 50 balance

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
ghostrider1000 wrote:
i have to disagree. when i faced malistaire like a few days ago i got my lvl 50 robe no problem. if all you get is food you should be glad cuz you get to make pet stronger

Devin Goldenheart
Lvl 50 balance
There are people (like me) who could care less about food and farm malistare for stuff and wait 'till celestia comes out.

Administrator
We'll be talking to Malistaire about just why he's carrying so much food....perhaps he has sinister plans for it, who knows.

Thank you for your feedback.

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
We'll be talking to Malistaire about just why he's carrying so much food....perhaps he has sinister plans for it, who knows.

Muahaha

with my flaming soups and grapes of death, i dont need the dragon titan anymore.

Jk but thanks Prof. :)

Survivor
May 03, 2009
This might be hard to believe but i haave been farming malistaire for 1 MONTH! and all i get? storm, fire, ice death, and sometimes balance roobs and thats not all i have pet food and and housing items that i dont need! I AM REALLY upset because sometimes people try try and try and say i cant they wont drop it! but they have only farmed for a day and they get it! well i have been farming a for 1 MONTH! for my stupid life robe that i never get! plz wizard101 PLZ I BEG OF YOU make the percent chances higher! i also wasted all my crowns in his chest for? ya MOST OF THEM WERE reagrents and robes i cant take it i have been so busy with malistaire that i havent even got my boots or hat all i have is my ring and athame plz wizard101 do something about this :? thnx

Scarlet SilverDust
lvl. 50 Life/Storm

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Listen, I am only Lvl 45, but I DO understand the problem here.
Ever since pets came out we have been getting Pet snacks no matter what!
But I wouldnt be complaining, ite better then BUYING the snacks.
And It also takes patience. I had to fight Gurtok Demon 6 times for Gurtok Firesmock, and It also gave me a CROWN PET for trying!
So I sort of agree but disagree at same time.
-brianna wildblood, level 45 pyromancer

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

a ha ha! how humorous lol! by the way i'm fighting malistaire soon and now i'm scared. when i fought him before the update on my death guy i didnt get anything useful anyway...

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Muahaha

with my flaming soups and grapes of death, i dont need the dragon titan anymore.

Jk but thanks Prof. :-)

No he still needs the Dragon Titan for its sick and epiclly awesome power.But if the Krokonomicon cant control the Dragon titan then what will.Oh wait there are plenty of Dragons in WC that are pets becoming loyal to their owners since they feed them with falming Soup.So if he steals and gathers enough food the Dragon Titan will be eternaly Loyal

In an old 50's Detective movie room

Taylor LotusFist with An Afro 8)

"Its over Mali We quarntied your dungeon and found a heck load of food so what ya gonna do with it"

Cori DeathGale [HEY CORI :-D]

"Yeah me Olivia and Taylor checked everything we even took you on in a Duel and you dropped a bunch of soup and no Grand robes"

Olivia Rainbowlflower [HEY OLIVIA :-D]

"Yeah where are your grand robes and why the heck did you store all of this food!"

Malistaire Drake with hands being held by taylor if he refuses to budge Taylor uses Divination to Shock him

"Never you igsignificant brats!"

Taylor shocks with 50 volts

"NEVER" "AHHHH"

Taylor shocks with 500 volts

"AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH"

Taylor Wild bolts him at 6,000 volts

"I SURRUNDER"

Taylor stops

Taylor says

"Then tell us what the Flaming soup that Flaming soup is about"

Cori

"Yes why do you have all of this food?"

Malistaire

Look in the Dungeon on the Last page of the Krokonimicon and look for controlling the Dragon Titan"

Olivia

"OK!"

Thats it

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
He drops the worst stuff do to the Crown Chest. Of course KI wants people to spend money on Crowns to use in his chest. The chest benefits them not us. If you want a good drop from him, go buy some crowns to blow on the chest. Yes it selfish and unfair on KI's part, but it will probly be the only way to get something good.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I have fought him a few times now and aside from a ridiculous crate of chickens and food (which are both infuriating since he is the big boss of the game and drops really bad items), I threw crowns in his chest several times to get my grandmaster life gear. I kept throwing them in.

Needless to say I still don't have my gear.

It's very frustrating to go through all that it takes to get to him to have a slight chance of getting grandmaster gear but a really great chance of getting snacks. A lot of us don't even use our pets and find these to be useless drops.