Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I do Crafting?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2016
I'm still at krok, and crafting interests me, but I'm not sure if I would like it that much. I want to get into a hobby like gardening or crafting, so why do you craft and would you recommend me to craft more?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I would recommend both crafting and gardening as things you should start early. Crafted gear is some of the best available in the game at certain levels and it doesn't require endless farming of dungeons. The only really difficult quests aren't until Zafaria and Azteca but they are worth the work in the end in my opinion. Try to work on the world's crafting quest while you are working through the world and it won't seem like a chore. You'll find most of what you need along the way anyways.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
In a word, YES!!
As you progress in crafting, the gear etc is great.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Not sure where to ask this.

I haven't even done the first craft item.

It requires 2 pieces of coal.

Where in the world do I find coal in this game?

Thanks.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
SparkleTude on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:
Not sure where to ask this.

I haven't even done the first craft item.

It requires 2 pieces of coal.

Where in the world do I find coal in this game?

Thanks.
Unlike some reagents (Such as Mist Wood or Cat Tails), Black Coal cannot be found on the ground. You can however buy Black Coal from Elmer Meadowgrass in Olde Town, Wizard City, Al Saf'Wan in Krokotopia, Campbell Hodgson in Marleybone, or any of the other reagent vendors across the Spiral. They can also be bought from the Bazaar in Olde Town.

Hope this helps!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Anna Dusk on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
Unlike some reagents (Such as Mist Wood or Cat Tails), Black Coal cannot be found on the ground. You can however buy Black Coal from Elmer Meadowgrass in Olde Town, Wizard City, Al Saf'Wan in Krokotopia, Campbell Hodgson in Marleybone, or any of the other reagent vendors across the Spiral. They can also be bought from the Bazaar in Olde Town.

Hope this helps!
Thank you!!!
Ugh, this helps SOOOO much!

Thanks x a million.

I never would've figured this out.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2016
Crafting is a very important aspect of Wizard101 crafting may not be so great for a beginner, but in the long run, like when you do Olympus, and want the Adept's gear, being an Adept Crafter can be quite useful. Also, when in celestia you can craft polymorphs if you are a high crafting rank.