Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pearls are giving Black Pearls Not golden ?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Anyone else getting black pearls instead of golden pearls from the pearls? I went to my normal spot to collect pearls/golden pearls and now they giving me black pearls?? I thought black pearls came from the black lotus anyways. I am lost can anyone help? please?

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
i haven't come a Gold Pearl since they were supposed to be easier to get, i do get the occasional black pearl with the regular pearls. but mostly i just get a reg. one or if i'm lucky enough it will give me two pearls.

Administrator
Hello, young student.

You are correct; the pearl reagents you find on the ground in Celestia may give you one or more pearls, black pearls or golden pearls.

And yes, you can get (and transmute) black pearls from black lotus too.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I did a lot of collecting recently in the Portico for some crafting.

You will get black and golden as rare drops from the pearls. I think the drop rate for black is a little better than gold from my sampling (>100 pearls collected). I would say about 1 black for each 15-16 pearls collected, and a golden one for about every 19-20 collected. Black pearls seem to be more common ~10-25 mins after the hour, and gold ~45-55 mins after the hour, but that may just be due to the small number of gold collected.

In the collection (40 Gold Pearls needed) I collected 18 gold pearls, converted 330 pearls. Note...one was found in a chest during the runs.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
I did a lot of collecting recently in the Portico for some crafting.

You will get black and golden as rare drops from the pearls. I think the drop rate for black is a little better than gold from my sampling (>100 pearls collected). I would say about 1 black for each 15-16 pearls collected, and a golden one for about every 19-20 collected. Black pearls seem to be more common ~10-25 mins after the hour, and gold ~45-55 mins after the hour, but that may just be due to the small number of gold collected.

In the collection (40 Gold Pearls needed) I collected 18 gold pearls, converted 330 pearls. Note...one was found in a chest during the runs.

I had pretty much the same results from 100 normal pearls in the portico. Just from the drops themselves, I got 13 gold and 19 black.
One observation though is that pearls outside the Portico seem to have a better drop rate for gold. This is just speculation though, and it's a lot harder to find them anywhere else. But from 20 pearls outside the Portico, I got 4 Gold pearls. Statistically, I'm not sure if it's much better (Obviously math isn't my strong point), But it would seem that way. Although, when you factor in trasmuting, they are probably pretty equal.