Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

In Search of Diamonds

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2016
Okay I have read several older (locked) threads on Transmute Ore to Diamond and hunting Ore in DS to get lucky now and then. So I understand the general concepts, but was wondering the following:

1. Due to some comments about issues with Transmute and clarity on where to get the ability to transmute.
2. The duration to actually collect Diamonds

What is each person best recommendation and why specifically?

Thanks

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/crafting/diamonds-8ad6a426576fd8d30157aff9d76764a3?page=1

My opinion hasn't changed in the past 7 days. The bazaar is a bit nerve-wracking, but it's far and away the fastest way to get diamonds.

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
Liam Wyrmhammer on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/crafting/diamonds-8ad6a426576fd8d30157aff9d76764a3?page=1

My opinion hasn't changed in the past 7 days. The bazaar is a bit nerve-wracking, but it's far and away the fastest way to get diamonds.
That is assuming that they are in the bazaar. I have been looking for weeks and never see any.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Every time I've shopped for diamonds in the Bazaar, I've been able to get them. They are pretty much never there when I start, but after several minutes of refreshing the screen (as described in the linked post), I see them pop up.

Be prepared to take a while when you do this. It's still far less time than harvesting and transmuting ore.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
I just went in (Oct 22, 2016) to purchase diamonds to document how often they pop up. Here's what I found:

4:17pm Central - No Diamonds. Refreshed screen as often as allowed.
4:20pm Central - 1 Diamond available. Purchased. Refreshed a few times.
4:21pm Central - 1 Diamond available. Purchased. Refreshed a few more times.
4:22pm Central - 100 Diamonds available. Purchased all.

That last one is a huge outlier, but I do often see them for 3 or more at a time.

If you have the gold and patience for it, the Bazaar is the best Diamond source in the game, period.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Andhanni on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
Okay I have read several older (locked) threads on Transmute Ore to Diamond and hunting Ore in DS to get lucky now and then. So I understand the general concepts, but was wondering the following:

1. Due to some comments about issues with Transmute and clarity on where to get the ability to transmute.
2. The duration to actually collect Diamonds

What is each person best recommendation and why specifically?

Thanks
If you are still interested in acquiring the ability to transmute diamonds, you can purchase this from Felicia Worthington who is near the entrance to Digmore Station in Marleybone or Avery Templeton in the Celestia Base Camp. Be aware that it takes 15 ore to transmute 1 diamond. The recipe is only 200 gold but does require a lot of running around to collect enough ore.

Collecting Diamonds from ore can take a very long time farming. One of the best places I found for collecting was in Dragonspyre Academy. Constantly running and changing realms after each run can get rather boring.

All 12 of my wizards have not only run the Academy through all realms but have also bought them in the Bazaar. My recommendation would be to use both methods. Run the Academy but also keep check in the Bazaar.