Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ectoplasm

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
What monster drops the highest percentage of ectoplasm? I have been 2 days in wizard city one hitting haunted minions and going absolutely insane. Does anyone have a quicker source of this elusive substance?

Survivor
Sep 11, 2008
kordach wrote:
What monster drops the highest percentage of ectoplasm? I have been 2 days in wizard city one hitting haunted minions and going absolutely insane. Does anyone have a quicker source of this elusive substance?
Try the Lost Souls and Lady Blackhope on Unicorn Way. I think, besides it being a reagents material, that ectoplasm is slime or energy remains of ghosts and spirits left behind after being defeated by other forces.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009

/quote] Try the Lost Souls and Lady Blackhope on Unicorn Way. I think, besides it being a reagents material, that ectoplasm is slime or energy remains of ghosts and spirits left behind after being defeated by other forces.</div>
</blockquote>

ok I tried them both and got junk clothes, where is the ectoplasm?

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
I still maintain that they got the quest portion of this new feature all wrong. It simply shouldnt take this long. If they want to make the skill itself a relaxing "grind", fine, but making learning quests take this long is poor design. and what happened to reducing the cool down times?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
kordach wrote:
I still maintain that they got the quest portion of this new feature all wrong. It simply shouldnt take this long. If they want to make the skill itself a relaxing "grind", fine, but making learning quests take this long is poor design. and what happened to reducing the cool down times?

I think the drop rates and times are set up for a normal character as they progress through the level, not coming back and trying to do it all at the same time. I have run into this problem with my more advanced characters, but for the new character I created to try it out (and hence deleting a higher level character) has time to easily craft items before finishing the world (note, I've only worked through the first three worlds so far, so looking ahead maybe the black lotus will cause problems, but, who knows???

PS-I don't plan on having all of my 12 characters do crafting-- some are just too high a level to do so and be fun.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Defender
Dec 23, 2008
firesh00ter wrote:
I ended up buying all my ectoplasm from the Bazaar at 30 gold each. Good luck.

Ditto. It must be readily available somewhere, because they had 100 in stock. (Well, they did before I bought up 50 of them. Why you need this much ectoplasm for a handful of rings, I'll never know.)

Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
kordach wrote:

I have been trying all the places suggested for a week still need more very rare i find it. then have to worry about backpack full and having to go sell every few instances ar wont be able to collect .

Survivor
May 23, 2009
If you can go to Marleybone, or teleport to a friend there, go to Big Ben. I found Ectoplasm there and I am level 23, but if you cant go to Marleybone, go through your online friends and click on their name, then click Go To Location and if it says "Would you like to go to your friend in Big Ben?" click yes. I suggest not doing the above until at least level 20.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2008
Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
HarryPotter123987 wrote:
If you can go to Marleybone, or teleport to a friend there, go to Big Ben. I found Ectoplasm there and I am level 23, but if you cant go to Marleybone, go through your online friends and click on their name, then click Go To Location and if it says "Would you like to go to your friend in Big Ben?" click yes. I suggest not doing the above until at least level 20.

Marleybone? It don't cost but a quarter.

Look, if you're running low on boss drops, just go to the Bazaar at prime time, when everybody is logged on and the non-crafters are unloading anything worth money.

At Elik's menu, click right 3 times to get to the reagents. If there are 100 of any of the following in stock, the price will be 25 gold, and just buy one:

* Bone
* Bronze Gear
* Ectoplasm
* Leather Straps
* Spider Silk

Press refresh until one of these is at 100 and repeat. I usually swap between the menus for Treasure cards to collect the ones I need for crafting, and usually several are available.

It is only a little more exciting than watching the grass grow, but it takes a whole lot less time than fighting monsters. (I also like to buy Nightshade, Water Lilies, and Fire Blossoms when they max out, and certain other goodies whenever they appear, but those cost more than 25 gold apiece.)