Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Conga Drums

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
Can someone please tell me where I can get the recipe for the conga drums needed for the legendary crafting quest in Zafaria. Many huge thanks in advance for anyone that answers.
A.K.A. Steven Hawk

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
stevespeaks wrote:
Can someone please tell me where I can get the recipe for the conga drums needed for the legendary crafting quest in Zafaria. Many huge thanks in advance for anyone that answers.
A.K.A. Steven Hawk

Conga Drums are the Congo Drums recipe from Gearwise. You will need a total of 64 Fossils to complete your 4 Congo Drums.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
abbeyhunter1962 wrote:
may I ask where gearwise is? Marley bone maybe?
thanks

Gearwise is the Celestia Housing Recipe Vendor

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
Recipe for Conga Drums is sold in Celestia, recipe vendor is located by the housing vendor heading towards the Science Center.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
Because of the increase in number of players, I would like to request that the staff of 101 kindly come up with a regenerating list as soon as items fall below 100. For the number of items requested or needed to attain levels in crafting, it seems very disappointing not to be able to obtain these reagents. Everyone who has crafted on this game knows just how hard it is to buy them at the bazaar. Please consider this, otherwise players would choose not to pursue this quest. It would seem almost impossible to achieve legendary status, with limited supply of reagents.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
mend64 wrote:
Because of the increase in number of players, I would like to request that the staff of 101 kindly come up with a regenerating list as soon as items fall below 100. For the number of items requested or needed to attain levels in crafting, it seems very disappointing not to be able to obtain these reagents. Everyone who has crafted on this game knows just how hard it is to buy them at the bazaar. Please consider this, otherwise players would choose not to pursue this quest. It would seem almost impossible to achieve legendary status, with limited supply of reagents.

I have achieved Legendary status on 2 Wizards. I am stockpiling reagents for other wizards, and taking my time on it. Crafting was supposed to be a TEDIOUS Horizontal Content thing. I remember when the quests were Make 5 of the Rings / Athames from MB and MS and then 5 of the DS items each.

This recipe just is a return to tradition. Stone Blocks are easy to obtain, especially in DragonSpyre. No, there is no 'Bouncing' Spawn point like Pearls, black Lotus, Deep mushroom, Mist Wood, and Cattails have, but that's just part of the challenge. The Bazaar only stocks what OTHERS sell.

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Johnist wrote:
mend64 wrote:

I have achieved Legendary status on 2 Wizards. I am stockpiling reagents for other wizards, and taking my time on it. Crafting was supposed to be a TEDIOUS Horizontal Content thing. I remember when the quests were Make 5 of the Rings / Athames from MB and MS and then 5 of the DS items each.

This recipe just is a return to tradition. Stone Blocks are easy to obtain, especially in DragonSpyre. No, there is no 'Bouncing' Spawn point like Pearls, black Lotus, Deep mushroom, Mist Wood, and Cattails have, but that's just part of the challenge. The Bazaar only stocks what OTHERS sell.

I agree Johnist, the crafting was never made to be easy, just an alternate way to get good stuff without crowns, basically. I also found that hunting down sandstone in Zafaria greatly reduced the time it took me to make all those sunstones.
Thanks KI for the new reagent.

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
you can also get most regents from gardening. I have a evil magna pea garden and will never have a shortage of black lotus, scrap metal, golden pearls or black pearls again. I even go sell some in the bazaar when I'm feeling generous. Another character is farming fickle pickles for stone blocks, grendleweed and fossils among many others.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Johnist wrote:
mend64 wrote:

Good Point Johnist. Even though I have not ventured to Zafaria in live game, I have been using all of my wizards in collecting and stockpiling the reagents needed to craft the Spiritcaller Drums.

With the realms being so busy with everyone trying to take their Legendaries to Zafaria, I find that it is easier to farm reagents.

Since all of my wizards have been farming, I have also done some Transmutation for some of the reagents that are harder to collect. ie: Fossils. I have a shared bank full of blocks plus all of my wizards have about 200+ in their back packs, so the only logical thing to do is transmute them to what is needed.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
Transmute your blocks to Fossil and sell the extras one at a time in the Bazaar and watch the carnage ensue. (lol)

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Gear Wise. Near Science center. Guy with mustache. Famous for selling teleporter recipes for gold.