Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seen myth lately?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 21, 2008
Myth is starting to get very weak. Medusa, it does not even hit all and its so called 2 round stun does not even work. KI, when this game was on test, you should have answered to the people that reported this bug. Myth is also weak cause have you seen the damage of our other hit all spells? The best we can get without any boosts is 325! Ice supposed to have the lower damages and they hit 475 with frost giant ( Not saying you weak, ice is awesome). I think medusa should hit all so we actually get something really good all hit spell for once. I have read the other posts about KI and its true. They are just a money making machine. If KI fix problems in this game for once, there could actually be some peace! But all the KI want is to get players to pay more and to enjoy there bugged fun!

Luke ThunderShade
Level 58 myth

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Have you even seen the new myth gear lately? We are getting amazing boosts to our attack!

40% now! With all the new power boosts to myths spells, things are going to be really really good for myth.

And thank you thank you thank you KI for increasing the cyclops health!!
But...did you take away his storm shark and sunbird? :(
Now all I can use the buff minion blade for is the cyclops :(

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I don't know about Medusa, because I haven't gotten that high yet, but I do believe myth is the weakest. Don't get me wrong, my myth is my favorite and I enjoy playing her, but she is having a very difficult time soloing CL.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
Yeah, I agree and I posted several topics about myth getting the short end of the stick when the test realm forums was up. KI needs to fix Medusa because it's stun doesn't work as it should. It should be a global attack since the rest of ours kinda sorta SUCK BIG TIME other than earth but still that has a weak hit. KI fix MEDUSA!!!

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
it did so stun two rounds. someone used it on me in a 4v4 and I suffered for it

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Personally, I'm Myth, and I think nothings wrong with it. I think that Myth's main purpose is to help other people. See, all the take away traps (forgot its name) and peirce and earthquake are all for helping. People love Myth in PvP for our Earthquake, and so do I! (even though I'm terrible at PvP XD)
Anyway, thx!
MEDUSA ROCKS!

Monica Mythblade, 52, MYTH! Second Star, third probably going to be Life.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
akifoniq99 wrote:
Myth is starting to get very weak. Medusa, it does not even hit all and its so called 2 round stun does not even work. KI, when this game was on test, you should have answered to the people that reported this bug. Myth is also weak cause have you seen the damage of our other hit all spells? The best we can get without any boosts is 325! Ice supposed to have the lower damages and they hit 475 with frost giant ( Not saying you weak, ice is awesome). I think medusa should hit all so we actually get something really good all hit spell for once. I have read the other posts about KI and its true. They are just a money making machine. If KI fix problems in this game for once, there could actually be some peace! But all the KI want is to get players to pay more and to enjoy there bugged fun!

Luke ThunderShade
Level 58 myth

i am also a myth and myth is starting to fail (no offense) Medusa is not great at all and i can't even get it on real realm in test i had no problem i can never seem to be Talos he is way too hard to solo especially with our weak spells

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
I don't know about Medusa, because I haven't gotten that high yet, but I do believe myth is the weakest. Don't get me wrong, my myth is my favorite and I enjoy playing her, but she is having a very difficult time soloing CL.

Same i have the quest for Medusa and i can not ever beat Talos KI should make him alone with no minion or lower his max hp because i am really getting aggrivated i died like 9 times

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:

I am sorry Alex but I used Medusa on test realm and she doesn't really stun anything. The stun shields do appear but the NCPS just went right along, business as usual, and attack you or put up blades and traps.

I have not done PVP in months so I do not know if it acutally works in PVP but for regular monster duels, it doen't seem to be working.

I mean, it shouldn't matter if it's Morganthe; a stun is a stun. And yet I have to rely heavily on Humongopfrog in Celestia because it is the highest DOT spell I have. Together with Gargantuan, traps and blades, etc, I can pretty much do good damage but it cost a fortune to be buying Gargantuan treasure cards all the time.

I have taken earthquake out of my deck because it really isn't worth six pips when i could have used two humongofrogs. I know it removes shields blades etc but these monsters don't need boosts to kill you. Especially the storm ones and the Ice one just put on more tower shields so it's a waste of pip s and you will loose.

There is a new 40% spirite blade treasure card at the Archivist, buy that with Gargantuan and use it on humongofrog along with the regular spirit blade and myth blade and time of legend and myth trap and spirit trap (takes foever, you could die) and Humongofrog will do serius damage but the drawback is it takes about 8 rounds andthese Mobs only need two round to kill you :(

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:

I am sorry Alex but I used Medusa on test realm and she doesn't really stun anything. The stun shields do appear but the NCPS just went right along, business as usual, and attack you or put up blades and traps.

I have not done PVP in months so I do not know if it acutally works in PVP but for regular monster duels, it doen't seem to be working.

I mean, it shouldn't matter if it's Morganthe; a stun is a stun. And yet I have to rely heavily on Humongopfrog in Celestia because it is the highest DOT spell I have. Together with Gargantuan, traps and blades, etc, I can pretty much do good damage but it cost a fortune to be buying Gargantuan treasure cards all the time.

I have taken earthquake out of my deck because it really isn't worth six pips when i could have used two humongofrogs. I know it removes shields blades etc but these monsters don't need boosts to kill you. Especially the storm ones and the Ice one just put on more tower shields so it's a waste of pip s and you will loose.

There is a new 40% spirite blade treasure card at the Archivist, buy that with Gargantuan and use it on humongofrog along with the regular spirit blade and myth blade and time of legend and myth trap and spirit trap (takes foever, you could die) and Humongofrog will do serius damage but the drawback is it takes about 8 rounds andthese Mobs only need two round to kill you :(

Stun almost never works on NPC bosses. In that, stun is useless. It does generally work on minions and players, however.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
I havent gotten to 58 yet but i have seen medusa. Weak i know. I thought that all would have changed. Orthrus is only 70 damage weaker then medusa AND it cost less pips. If you use your pet orthrus it is stronger. I would stick with your orthrus. If they dont change medusa to all enemies or rasie the attack by 100 damage i wont use it. PLZ make myth stronger!

Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
Medusa...frankly I think is the strongest spell in the game...if you cast time of legend, then myth blade, spirit blade, myth trap, spirit trap and a feint or two (if you have trained death up) and for the final bit a gargantuan boost that you can buy from the archivist and you can do more than 15,000 damage...I hit Catulla (sp?) for more than 20,000 today. Like any spell in the game, there is a strategy that can maximize the power of the spell and if poorly used then the spell can be worthless. I have soloed 80% of CL with my now lvl 60 myth...and really can think of a better character!

Survivor
Sep 28, 2010
I am myth and i find celestia REALLY hard our spells stink. The level 48 spell just hits 700 alone. Please make myth stronger like as strong as fire. Plus i always have to bother my friend for help on EVERY quest because it is impossible when you are myth.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
averg wrote:
Medusa...frankly I think is the strongest spell in the game...if you cast time of legend, then myth blade, spirit blade, myth trap, spirit trap and a feint or two (if you have trained death up) and for the final bit a gargantuan boost that you can buy from the archivist and you can do more than 15,000 damage...I hit Catulla (sp?) for more than 20,000 today. Like any spell in the game, there is a strategy that can maximize the power of the spell and if poorly used then the spell can be worthless. I have soloed 80% of CL with my now lvl 60 myth...and really can think of a better character!

Don't lie, Cuthalla use tower shields everytime you cast a spell less then 4 pips.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
Jenny1047 wrote:
Personally, I'm Myth, and I think nothings wrong with it. I think that Myth's main purpose is to help other people. See, all the take away traps (forgot its name) and peirce and earthquake are all for helping. People love Myth in PvP for our Earthquake, and so do I! (even though I'm terrible at PvP XD)
Anyway, thx!
MEDUSA ROCKS!

Monica Mythblade, 52, MYTH! Second Star, third probably going to be Life.

It's called Cleanse Ward

Survivor
May 31, 2010
Medusa, despite the arguement, is a decent spell. You have to remember that myth's power comes from its minions. Only in a few posts have I even seen the word minion used. Attack wise, myth is a tatical school. Some of its spells use a weak attack first to get rid of any shields, then a major strike for the real damage. I think myth wizards shoule use minions more often. As for medusa, its fine( though if it attacked all, it my be a cool spell to use), and if she used a bow and arrow, not a sword. I believe medusa used a bow and arrow in greek mythology.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
akifoniq99 wrote:

Luke ThunderShade
Level 58 myth

DX THANKS FOR SPARING MY FEELINGS DX LoL Just kidding; I think the myth school is amazing. Our double attacks destroy shields in our way; I can do over one thousand five hundred damage with just humongofrog; our minion is boss, and with the sun school, we can't be stopped. Don't even start to talk about PvP. LoL

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
danielv105 wrote:
Medusa, despite the arguement, is a decent spell. You have to remember that myth's power comes from its minions. Only in a few posts have I even seen the word minion used. Attack wise, myth is a tatical school. Some of its spells use a weak attack first to get rid of any shields, then a major strike for the real damage. I think myth wizards shoule use minions more often. As for medusa, its fine( though if it attacked all, it my be a cool spell to use), and if she used a bow and arrow, not a sword. I believe medusa used a bow and arrow in greek mythology.

The worst part about the minion is is that in CL, once the minion gets the enemies attention, they have 1 or 2 turns to live. As for spells like Orthrus, in CL as I said in another post it's more or less "attacks and hope it kills, or trap again to kill, but hope I don't get killed.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
Well, I do dominate in pvp but we myth need a decent all hit. Also, we need our medusa double stun to work. I am not sure if it was fixed cause I do not use that spell at all. But I depend on my humongofrog a lot in cl. I also use minions but my cyclops minion gets killed one turn after it get the creatures attention and do not even get me started on our minotaur minion. I would rather use orthrus then medusa everyday. I usually get 12 or 13 pip when I save for all my pips and sometimes 14 but with 12/13 pips, I could use 2 orthrus for 1400 damage and medusa only once. I could do one orthrus and medusa which I do but orthrus is only 70 damage weaker then medusa and better because it can double hit for a shield break and those 2 only have a PIP difference. A decent difference is about 125-200 I believe. I also though have a new spell idea on the dorms called "Myth offended and new spell" that I think should be the rank 9 spell. Our school is powerful but we just need a decent all hit spell and medusa to actually work it's double stun affect. See ya around the spiral!

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 conjurer
"Master of Monsters"
1034 Warlord

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
warrocks88 wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:

Same i have the quest for Medusa and i can not ever beat Talos KI should make him alone with no minion or lower his max hp because i am really getting aggrivated i died like 9 times

I beat talos by getting a life henchman.

ellie

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I had little trouble soloing in Clestia with my Myth mage.

Many monsters there boost to myth, and the increase in damage equipment, sun school, and critical really help. I mostly used the frog AOE and the regular minotaur. The 7 and 8 pip spells are not worth the turns.

The minions however are a joke. I never use them.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 57 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 51 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 58 Ice

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
myth also is the only school that did not get a pet that is "celestia" based i am myth and i love myth, but i want a good pet! check out my other thread if you are interested in helping me find one

Survivor
Sep 29, 2010
im kinda standing in the middle in this, our spells arent that great but our gear is amazing. its like with balance, they get judgement but their lvl 58 spell is terrible, its one of the weakest. i guess KI just tried to balance things out with us, that since we got some of the best gear, we got lower spells. but this is annoying in itself, because the good gear doesnt really come along until lvl 58 anyway.

it seems like storm and fire got the best of it all, they do the most damage and have the strongest spells, and storm even has some of the strongest gear. this is something that should be balanced out, because even though storm has a terrible accuracy, their gear brings that up anyway, so that they hardly ever fizzle.

i dont think its right that the schools are so uneven, but then again its all on what you choose. i agree that Medusa should attack all, seeing as the story with Medusa said that everyone that seen her would turn to stone. so at least stun everyone if you dont wanna give us an attack all spell, at least be accurate to the story. give myth a break, all we have is earthquake, it does only 310 base, and the only good thing about it is it takes away blades and shields. humongofrog doesnt even do that much damage once you get to celestia. this is a wrong that should be addressed.

~Edward Shadowflame, Legendary Conjurer

Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
averg wrote:

Don't lie, Cuthalla use tower shields everytime you cast a spell less then 4 pips.

the other cuthalla...sorry should have been more clear!