Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Astraeus supposed to shield every 4 rounds

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
Hello, it's me again, i heard from my friend Fred Ashthief, that astraeus is supposed to shield every 4 rounds. Is that really true, because he shielding every 2 or 1 round and rarely 4. So thats my question, because if he is supposed to then there is a definite bug on Astraeus.

Thanks,

Blaze Darkblood

Lvl 60 diviner
Lvl 51 necromancer (hunter soulsword) etc.

Defender
May 30, 2009
master101902 wrote:
Hello, it's me again, i heard from my friend Fred Ashthief, that astraeus is supposed to shield every 4 rounds. Is that really true, because he shielding every 2 or 1 round and rarely 4. So thats my question, because if he is supposed to then there is a definite bug on Astraeus.

Thanks,

Blaze Darkblood

Lvl 60 diviner
Lvl 51 necromancer (hunter soulsword) etc.

He has a auto-tower shield on him while the minions are there (unless someone steals it off of him). He puts up another tower as soon as the minions are taken out, then usually towerless for 1-4 rounds after that tower is removed. I think how often he towers depends how many people are in the battle.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
Just tried to solo him with my Storm Wiz.

Don't even ask how it went. Very badly would be an understatement! LOL

I got rid of the minions pretty quick, then got rid of his tower shield.
but by the time I got pips to attack he put his shield back up and brought out his minions again. I needed at least 5 pips to cast any of the spells available at the time and was not able to get the pips in time.

I went about twenty rounds or so, killed off the minions three times and only managed to get a whole 200+/- off of Astraeus.

If you're VERY patient and VERY lucky you could solo this fight, but I'm not that patient. I guess "Mr. Solo" here will have to find some friends then go beat him up.

From what I experienced, the only solution I could come up with was to have lots of multi hit spells (Tempest etc.) and lots of low pip spells.
If you try to use any spells over 4 pips you'll most likely run out of time, and miss the window for attacking the boss.

I'll probably try to solo again, but not for a day or two. I'm still grinding my teeth over here!

Anyone else have some ideas or find something that worked well?

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
He's not easy to solo since his minions have to be killed before being able to take the shield off and to do that as storm you need to cast storm lord (7 Pips). You can try putting Empowerment on yourself first, to gain a pip or two, but problem is is sometimes he uses a spell that utilizes all his pips, but it's an X pip spell I gather as you don't gain a pip.

Another storm friend and myself (storm) go in and farm him all the time, without dying, we just thin our deck down to what we need, the first blades the second, the first then storm lords, the second wands his tower off, then feints and traps over 2 rounds, and then kill. This works for us. Although his drop rate for storm gear and any other gear of the school your fighting with is horrible.

To solo, i would just shield shield shield, until you have a full rack of pips, dumping cards as you go so you have feints and blades ready to put on, then storm lord, blades, traps, leviathan.

cmullins wrote:
Just tried to solo him with my Storm Wiz.

Don't even ask how it went. Very badly would be an understatement! LOL

I got rid of the minions pretty quick, then got rid of his tower shield.
but by the time I got pips to attack he put his shield back up and brought out his minions again. I needed at least 5 pips to cast any of the spells available at the time and was not able to get the pips in time.

I went about twenty rounds or so, killed off the minions three times and only managed to get a whole 200+/- off of Astraeus.

If you're VERY patient and VERY lucky you could solo this fight, but I'm not that patient. I guess "Mr. Solo" here will have to find some friends then go beat him up.

From what I experienced, the only solution I could come up with was to have lots of multi hit spells (Tempest etc.) and lots of low pip spells.
If you try to use any spells over 4 pips you'll most likely run out of time, and miss the window for attacking the boss.

I'll probably try to solo again, but not for a day or two. I'm still grinding my teeth over here!

Anyone else have some ideas or find something that worked well?

Defender
May 31, 2010
Well , for me he shielded a couple of times each round. In fact there was never a time that he didnt have a shield. One thing I did do , was leave one of his minions , that way , as long as one survived , he wouldn't summon anymore.
It took two hours , but finally defeated him, played with a balance and life friends , I am death. Bad thing with leaving that one minion around , is he will cast heal spells, so make sure you life wizards loads him up with a couple of dispells. Hydra also works nicely to remove some of his shields. He seemed to add another shield after each player took a turn.

To me this wasn't a challenge and lacked a lot of imagination on the designers part. It was very boring. Very time consuming knocking him down little by little. After spending all that time on one boss , once defeated , I logged out of the game , I have no desire to complete the rest of this uncreative , boring dungeon. They should have just put a -90% perma shield on him and left it at that. What happened to the people that designed the tower in marleybone , did they sleep through the creation of this dungeon? let their grandmas write it instead?

Survivor
May 05, 2009

When I tried to solo Astraeus he would replace the shield after 2 rounds.
He did this after killing off the minions and removing the last shield.

The next time I fought him I brought a friend along for some much needed help. We both used minions. After killing off the minions etc. he would wait 4 rounds then replace the shield.

We had to repeat the "kill minion, remove shield, & smash boss" cycle 3 times, but we got him.

Fortunately the boss and his minion's attacks aren't quite as serious as other Celestia creatures. So we never died and only had to heal a llittle bit.

The next time I solo him I'll try using a minion and see how often he puts up his shield.