Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Does Azteca End Sadly!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
Well I haven't made it to azteca yet but I think it will be a happy ending of me I'm in marlybone if someone could help me get to celestia or azteca that would be great

Dylan battleflame
Level 28 myth wizard

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
CrazyZombie11440 on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:
HEY! i'm 9 and i'm in zafaria and about to do mirror lake,
of course we youngsters can do it!
Valkoor GoldSong lvl 71 myth
Hats off to you. I'm 13 and I currently have the quest to defeat Malistaire, but almost every single Dragonspyre battle I had to have somebody help me with! And Malistaire is probably no exception! Age isn't everything!

-Kymma Greenflame, lvl. 51
-Nora Moondreamer, lvl. 41

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
cowstastegood on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
Most kids dont make to Dragonspyre
ZacSkywalker727 on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
peanutbudder be realistic, kids of those ages would never reach aztecaMost kids dont make to Dragonspyre

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
um is it just me or wasn't this game originally made for kids and older ages also its all down to if they work hard to get farther also they most likely make next place even better since now a world had fallen instead of being saved that means something awesome is gonna happen next

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
I think kingsisle is trying to show us that not everything is a happy ending

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Isn't it amazing that we took this question about why Azteca is so sad and turned into a dispute about how far young players can go in the game? Just because someone is young, doesn't mean they can't be a powerful wizard.

On another note, Wizard101 references and mentions death all the time, the end of Azteca is a sad and surprising twist, and makes sure you want to bring Morganthe to justice. Can't wait to get there!

Explorer
Oct 29, 2011
Azteca is epic. "our days are hours, hours, minutes and every minute is a lifetime"
Thats what Pacal Redmask says. It's just sad because after all we tried the world is destroyed. But they are just showing that life isnt fair.

Or maybe azteca reappearing was Morganthe opening a portal to the past, and then destroying it to fuel her dark heart, and then showing how dinosaurs in the spiral got extinct.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2011
Well it was kinda obvious the meteor hits Azteca. After all, the Azteca arena has a giant meteor in it.

88 James Titanfountain

Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
Zachary Thunderfla... on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
peanutbudder be realistic, kids of those ages would never reach azteca
Not true, I am 11 yrs old and I have a bunch of wizards that have went to dragonspyre and I still havent quit. I have a lvl 70 named Devin RIder that is currently in Zafaria, a lvl 44 named Jack and a lvl 43 who are both in Dragonspyre I think my point has been proven.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
Trust me, I have a very long road until Azteca. I believe that Kingsisle is either showing us that not everything is happy, or to show the bravery and loyalty of the Azteca. I hope this helps! We'll always honor the Azteca bravery and remember the name.

" Knowledge is key, my friends. " Katie Duskleaf, level 49

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
TheAwesomeMyth on May 27, 2013 wrote:
Nooooo! You spoiled it!!!! I'm at Tierra de Brea! Oh why did you spoil it!
why did you read this forum? if you didn't want a spoiler?

Survivor
Jul 16, 2011
I think that most books and movies and games end happily. I'm actually happy this was a change.

Michael-Promethean Theurgist

Survivor
May 07, 2011
I was quite pleased with the ending of Azteca. Pacal Redmask's words fueled my determination to destroy Morganthe once and for all. When I defeat Morganthe, I will remember the brave souls of Azteca who helped me reach my goal.

-Sydney DragonWhisper Level 92 Promethean Diviner

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
Zachary Thunderfla... on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
Listen i saw and loved the ending. Things can't always end happily. And those movies with sad endings always have the sequels..........
yea well a year has passed where the sequel

-my thoughts are slam meteor in grizzlehiem and not azteca

Survivor
Jan 02, 2013
The Fire on Apr 10, 2013 wrote:
I'm 10 and i beat the whole game interesting though
Thank You!

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I remember Being in Dragonspyre when i was 10 so it isnt that hard for young children to make it far in this game. i didnt get chat till zafaria and celestia!

Cody Lifesword Lvl 94

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Cody Lifesword on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
Ok i have seen a video on the end of Azteca and, i also had a friend beat it. I am just wondering why does it end so creepy it was very scary! Please some one give why does it have to end so darkly. It's sad I almost cried. Can someone tell why
Its ok i am over it now

Remember Stay Happy!

Cody Lifesword Lvl 94

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Things always end happy in this game (although, i have to say, the end of Malistaire made me sad), so they really needed something to end bad. It also is cool. Sad endings are almost better in games.

Angela Gem
Level 92

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Azteca was kind of weird for me. While I was going through it, I was so angry and frustrated that I wanted it and everything in it wiped out, and the sooner the better. However, upon finishing it, I was quite sad. I truly believe that we haven't seen the last of Azteca or the Aztecans. We exist in a Magical Universe. Maybe the time travelling Professor in Marleybone (Dr. Who) can work something out and restitch the fabric of time, undo the events of the past or some such nonsense. Or not. Time will tell. :D

Survivor
Jun 13, 2012
IKR I am a level 46 fire wizard and I watched blaze life hammer's Xibalba dungeon run. its so sad they all pretty much DIE. I really wanted to be able to come back and admire the beautiful scene, but I sadly see its destroyed. I just wish it was happier DX Azteca is my wizard's life.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2012
Also I think you guys are right on the revenge part. Now I must KILL morgathne

Defender
May 09, 2010
Very good question, but the answer is far from Heartwarming. Just like the REAL world with the solar system and all, planets are at constant danger of getting hit by , weather it is rocks, ice, asteroids.....or comets. the spiral is the same. it's basically like a mini galaxy! and Morganthe used her insane amount of knowledge to harness an enormous comet, and force it to impact Azteca. According to the story-line, Azteca is destroyed, and reduced to utter rubble. But players can still revisit to complete side quests, craft, and even shop at various vendors.

Just keep in mind that as Merle Ambrose said at the end of Azteca, "Even death is not the end," and that made my day.

Blaze Stormmancer

Survivor
Jun 13, 2012
lettup on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
Very good question, but the answer is far from Heartwarming. Just like the REAL world with the solar system and all, planets are at constant danger of getting hit by , weather it is rocks, ice, asteroids.....or comets. the spiral is the same. it's basically like a mini galaxy! and Morganthe used her insane amount of knowledge to harness an enormous comet, and force it to impact Azteca. According to the story-line, Azteca is destroyed, and reduced to utter rubble. But players can still revisit to complete side quests, craft, and even shop at various vendors.

Just keep in mind that as Merle Ambrose said at the end of Azteca, "Even death is not the end," and that made my day.

Blaze Stormmancer
:( man your so right its just sad because you see you first world not able to be saved. and I'm glade we get our revenge on morganthe and on the bright side all of the aztecasaurs are alive and just run around :|. Merle was right, death isn't the end

Sincerelly Dustin Foetalon.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
not everything can go right dude something needs to go wrong for other things to go right! anyways...
I hope this helps! o. o why is there six ninja pigs in my room? x. x why are they asking for bacon? they're pigs! what a day... the pigs were probably an illusion :P see you later!

like the giant shadow magic symbol? :P

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
It's basically like what happened to the real dinosaurs, only wizard101 style. A meteor came and slammed into Earth, causing the extinction of dinosaurs! Xibalba came and wiped out all the aztecosaurs in Azteca.

~Taryn Firegem, Level 98 ; Brooke Nightshard, Level 29

Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
If you think about it you kind of see it coming upon your arrival to Azteca. Dealing with what history has taught us with dinosaurs, and what lead to their extinction. The comet Xibala represents the recreation of that event which caused them to be wiped out but leave remnants of what may survive through evolution. With that being said and the mentioning of Polaris, I would like to see a sub world to Azteca by that name. It could be kind of like Grizzleheim/Wintertusk. Polaris could be post apocalyptic world of glaciers and ice. Now I know what your thinking, "We already had Colossus Boulevard and Wintertusk with ice in it". This ice world could the 96 version of Wintertusk.

~ Jacqueline WaterStone 98
~Jacqueline Thunderblade 95