Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 80 Gear?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
394
Re: Level 80 Gear?
Yohko86 wrote:
belindamea wrote:
Anyone who thinks ww gear is the best and should stick with it forever is uninformed or just stuborn.
I crafted Avalon gear for all my wizards and it is sooooo much better than lvl 60 water works gear. Come on people we are level 70 plus and we deserve better than lvl 60 gear. Crafting tables are given to us so we would be able to craft our own gear, look around you will find good recipes that fit you not just one school but both!
Do not sell yourself short, you would be amazed at what you can make for yourself. Leave the WW gear back in the 60's where it belongs


Yes and YES! Couldn't agree with you more, especially with the part in bold (I had to underline one sentence because it basically sums up my feelings for the whole 'WW Gear Vs. AV Gear' debate). People look at AV's crafted gear's lower Pip chance and resistance and think that the gear's automatically trash, but not so imo. In my experience, 68% Pip chance has turned out to be pretty good for me, and having 18% resistance to all but two Schools isn't bad either. My Myth has 222 Critical, 209 Block vs. Life and Death, 199 Block vs. Balance, and 154 Block against the remaining Schools and I've had minimal problems with AV mobs and bosses; the high Critical boost really helped me out a lot as I didn't have to worry about my Critical attacks being blocked nearly as much as when I had the WW gear on.

But unfortunately, I'll still be seeing many people clinging onto the level 60 gear...even when the level cap is raised to 90...
ok good for you you got good block and critical but does 200 critical really help that much?. no it doesnt and i know from experience i crafted the dun dara helmet my critical went to 210 i didnt see much of a difference at all. and whats good about block if you cant back it up with resistance to weaken the enemies moves. and hows your acruaccy with that gear do you fizzle a lot? oh and then theres damage boost witch plays a big part in your damage and with that gear i can basicly determine its below 30. oh and heal boost if you say you make up for that with some ring or antheme then your just hurting yourself by wasting the opturtunity to have a good ring and/or antheme so basicly with that gear you have no heal boost thus almost forcing the need to get a CERTAIN ring or antheme. so do you really consider what you get and all you lose a fair trade because like i have said before critical and critical block is just a big blob of chance instead of the 100 percent working damage boost ,heal boost, resist, accuracy boost. i dont know if you really think this gear is better or if your just desprate for new gear but if you wanna leave your wizrd to chance every battle so be it(btw i havent had any problems with the mobs and bosses and i have full ww gear on with T of the H ring and antheme)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2062
Re: Level 80 Gear?
Sarahnimo wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:
Sarahnimo wrote:
My storm doesn't have any WW gear on but went through Avalon soloing most of the time. My critical reach almost 250 with the gear i have on. You just need to find the perfect gear that suits your fighting style

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand - Storm
Fiona Stardust - Life
Jose Winterbane - Ice
i wonder how many times you have died from a critical that your gear didnt cover 8)


I got 90 block rating across the board except for ice and fire which are at 155 & 140 respectively. its not a 100 but i do have decent block rating that i got from a wand . I did die but its from poor timing with attacks and healing, WW is not the ultimate gear for Avalon. My critical rating is quick enough to land a killing hit and NOT be blocked "most" of the time.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane



Ah yes, Storm. Storm loses 8 or 9 resistance to all schools, but gains resistance to Fire & Ice, gets nearly double the critical rating of WaterWorks Gear, with very little damage boost and accuracy loss.

The boots with Critical Block that are storm/ice boots, those are the most damage boost loss in all of storms new crafted gear.

Is this a fair assumption of all schools? Nope, sure isn't.

Ice crafted gear is another that is very beneficial.

Now, shall we look at Death, Balance, and Life? They lose tons of power pip chance, for a little bit of an accuracy boost, not that Life needs much of an accuracy boost, now does it? They lose resistance on the boots and damage boost. Again the hats do nearly give double the Critical points, but some lose quite a bit of Damage boost. Where as some schools lose 1 or 2, other schools lose 4 or 5 on 1 piece of gear. You also lose the incoming health boost. Most schools lose resistance on the boots, especially Myth, who used to have the second highest universal resistance.

To make crafted gear good for some schools and horrible for the other schools is the main complaint and reason that some stick with WaterWorks gear.

Just because a Few schools do better with crafted Avalon Gear, does not mean all schools have those same benefits.

Critical is just a chance to do double damage, not a guarantee. On top of Critical, their is critical block, so just because you do Critical, does not mean it wont be Blocked. So, that 2 negative versus Damage boost which remains consistant and added resistance, which people can alway rely on.

So, while you opinion is understood, it is biased.


Survivor
May 28, 2011
40
Re: Level 80 Gear?
you rather stayed with your waterwork gears so far nothing better than water work gears by far.
i am very disappointed as well so dont feel bad all you wizards out there; i'm a legendary crafter but i cant anything to craft out there beside athame and the ring; you can find them in zafaria market and grezzleime

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
1
Re: Level 80 Gear?
kublai987 wrote:
I don't know for sure, but there are level 76 gear


since its twenty more level then the water works gear then thwy should times the water works gear traits bye 2

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
192
Re: Level 80 Gear?
darthjt wrote:
Sarahnimo wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:
Sarahnimo wrote:
My storm doesn't have any WW gear on but went through Avalon soloing most of the time. My critical reach almost 250 with the gear i have on. You just need to find the perfect gear that suits your fighting style

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand - Storm
Fiona Stardust - Life
Jose Winterbane - Ice
i wonder how many times you have died from a critical that your gear didnt cover 8)


I got 90 block rating across the board except for ice and fire which are at 155 & 140 respectively. its not a 100 but i do have decent block rating that i got from a wand . I did die but its from poor timing with attacks and healing, WW is not the ultimate gear for Avalon. My critical rating is quick enough to land a killing hit and NOT be blocked "most" of the time.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane



Ah yes, Storm. Storm loses 8 or 9 resistance to all schools, but gains resistance to Fire & Ice, gets nearly double the critical rating of WaterWorks Gear, with very little damage boost and accuracy loss.

The boots with Critical Block that are storm/ice boots, those are the most damage boost loss in all of storms new crafted gear.

Is this a fair assumption of all schools? Nope, sure isn't.

Ice crafted gear is another that is very beneficial.

Now, shall we look at Death, Balance, and Life? They lose tons of power pip chance, for a little bit of an accuracy boost, not that Life needs much of an accuracy boost, now does it? They lose resistance on the boots and damage boost. Again the hats do nearly give double the Critical points, but some lose quite a bit of Damage boost. Where as some schools lose 1 or 2, other schools lose 4 or 5 on 1 piece of gear. You also lose the incoming health boost. Most schools lose resistance on the boots, especially Myth, who used to have the second highest universal resistance.

To make crafted gear good for some schools and horrible for the other schools is the main complaint and reason that some stick with WaterWorks gear.

Just because a Few schools do better with crafted Avalon Gear, does not mean all schools have those same benefits.

Critical is just a chance to do double damage, not a guarantee. On top of Critical, their is critical block, so just because you do Critical, does not mean it wont be Blocked. So, that 2 negative versus Damage boost which remains consistant and added resistance, which people can alway rely on.

So, while you opinion is understood, it is biased.



thanks for the info. I dont have the luxury to cross check with the other schools so im bound to be biased.

Still, AV/ZF crafted gear works (at least for life/storm/ice mages). The base damage boost and resistance from WW gear is time tested. but i loathe that dungeon . So I desperately choose to work around the idea of having a good critical rate then work my way down to getting damage boost and resistance elsewhere. Well the by product is three archmages so far so i guess I must be doing right.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Survivor
Jun 30, 2008
36
Re: Level 80 Gear?
Okay answer this. The REAL question is is there any gear that has MORE universal resist, damage, accuracy, health, incoming heal boost etc. than the WaterWorks Gear.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
1
Re: Level 80 Gear?
I think they are making it now. I dont really know :P Lets just stick with Waterworks gears.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
394
Re: Level 80 Gear?
1trastogi wrote:
Okay answer this. The REAL question is is there any gear that has MORE universal resist, damage, accuracy, health, incoming heal boost etc. than the WaterWorks Gear.
lol thats my point, theres no gear with better stats than ww gear besides critical based gear and even then you gain better critical only to lose almost everything else

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
225
Re: Level 80 Gear?
Crafted gear in dun dora is just as good if not better with a lot more heath. A ton more block and crit. you craft the robe and the hat from there and then go to the wild and crft the boots from there and Athames ( Courtly Dirk ) has highest health and good attack along with some block and 25% incoming 15% power pips. Do not craft the ring it's no good. Ring your going to want to farm less you have the level 60 ring.wand you want the bow from ravens pack. I know everyone has there own ways and I understand that. I just had to trash water works gear myself 20 levels old and health is kind of low on it.

this is the best setup i have seen in game so far if you want out of water works gear. Hopefully the level 80 gear when it comes out is not like the 70 gear is without block and took away most of the resistance. So I guess time will tell.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
394
Re: Level 80 Gear?
redmist01 wrote:
Crafted gear in dun dora is just as good if not better with a lot more heath. A ton more block and crit. you craft the robe and the hat from there and then go to the wild and crft the boots from there and Athames ( Courtly Dirk ) has highest health and good attack along with some block and 25% incoming 15% power pips. Do not craft the ring it's no good. Ring your going to want to farm less you have the level 60 ring.wand you want the bow from ravens pack. I know everyone has there own ways and I understand that. I just had to trash water works gear myself 20 levels old and health is kind of low on it.

this is the best setup i have seen in game so far if you want out of water works gear. Hopefully the level 80 gear when it comes out is not like the 70 gear is without block and took away most of the resistance. So I guess time will tell.
i have seen and personally tried the dun dara gear and i didnt like the fact that i lost 9 universal resist as well as universal block. sure it gives me better storm resist and storm block but then whats it good for but fighting storm bosses. i also like the heal boost i get from my gear as well as the universal accuracy boost(i never fizzle when using satyr).the courtly dirk i would like to know what the damage boost is but otherwise sounds pretty good ill check it out. i and many others just cant see the things you get fair compared to all the things you lose but if that set up works for you man you go right ahead and have fun :-)

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
225
Re: Level 80 Gear?
gweedoboy wrote:
redmist01 wrote:
Crafted gear in dun dora is just as good if not better with a lot more heath. A ton more block and crit. you craft the robe and the hat from there and then go to the wild and crft the boots from there and Athames ( Courtly Dirk ) has highest health and good attack along with some block and 25% incoming 15% power pips. Do not craft the ring it's no good. Ring your going to want to farm less you have the level 60 ring.wand you want the bow from ravens pack. I know everyone has there own ways and I understand that. I just had to trash water works gear myself 20 levels old and health is kind of low on it.

this is the best setup i have seen in game so far if you want out of water works gear. Hopefully the level 80 gear when it comes out is not like the 70 gear is without block and took away most of the resistance. So I guess time will tell.
i have seen and personally tried the dun dara gear and i didnt like the fact that i lost 9 universal resist as well as universal block. sure it gives me better storm resist and storm block but then whats it good for but fighting storm bosses. i also like the heal boost i get from my gear as well as the universal accuracy boost(i never fizzle when using satyr).the courtly dirk i would like to know what the damage boost is but otherwise sounds pretty good ill check it out. i and many others just cant see the things you get fair compared to all the things you lose but if that set up works for you man you go right ahead and have fun :-)


To get back the block you have to craft the level 76 boots from the wild it gives like 86 block on all and had resist on all, damage is little lest but you block everything and crit 80% of the time on my fire i have 57 attack, resist 18% but with my pet i can bring it up to 30% block 139 on all , fire crit is 242 , 25% incoming , pips is almost 70% fire acc is 17%. Health is 4134. So far this is the best I can get that replaces water works. lol

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
225
Re: Level 80 Gear?
gweedoboy wrote:

the courtly dirk i would like to know what the damage boost is but otherwise sounds pretty good ill check it out.


It gives 6% on all

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
394
Re: Level 80 Gear?
redmist01 wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:
redmist01 wrote:
Crafted gear in dun dora is just as good if not better with a lot more heath. A ton more block and crit. you craft the robe and the hat from there and then go to the wild and crft the boots from there and Athames ( Courtly Dirk ) has highest health and good attack along with some block and 25% incoming 15% power pips. Do not craft the ring it's no good. Ring your going to want to farm less you have the level 60 ring.wand you want the bow from ravens pack. I know everyone has there own ways and I understand that. I just had to trash water works gear myself 20 levels old and health is kind of low on it.

this is the best setup i have seen in game so far if you want out of water works gear. Hopefully the level 80 gear when it comes out is not like the 70 gear is without block and took away most of the resistance. So I guess time will tell.
i have seen and personally tried the dun dara gear and i didnt like the fact that i lost 9 universal resist as well as universal block. sure it gives me better storm resist and storm block but then whats it good for but fighting storm bosses. i also like the heal boost i get from my gear as well as the universal accuracy boost(i never fizzle when using satyr).the courtly dirk i would like to know what the damage boost is but otherwise sounds pretty good ill check it out. i and many others just cant see the things you get fair compared to all the things you lose but if that set up works for you man you go right ahead and have fun :-)


To get back the block you have to craft the level 76 boots from the wild it gives like 86 block on all and had resist on all, damage is little lest but you block everything and crit 80% of the time on my fire i have 57 attack, resist 18% but with my pet i can bring it up to 30% block 139 on all , fire crit is 242 , 25% incoming , pips is almost 70% fire acc is 17%. Health is 4134. So far this is the best I can get that replaces water works. lol
ok thats good but at the moment i am trying to get my own super pet so i cant make up for that resist. the boots i will look at again. now you said you critical 80% of the time but even at 242 i really cant see it at even 40%. and you know i kinda like my universal accuracy boost because again i never fizzle when useing satyr. the antheme i use is the lexon blade witch gives 7 universal damage and like 12 or 13 block plus 15 pip chance 280 health and i think 15 health boost. at the moment i dont have crowns so i cant stitch(have you seen the way that gear looks )but i will still attemt to try it see and see if my stats even out. btw if your health is at 4000 then you must be useing that reshufle amulet that gives like 400 health.(ps this does not mean i am trying to find other gear to use other than ww i still see ww gear as the best)

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
225
Re: Level 80 Gear?
gweedoboy wrote:

ok thats good but at the moment i am trying to get my own super pet so i cant make up for that resist. the boots i will look at again. now you said you critical 80% of the time but even at 242 i really cant see it at even 40%. and you know i kinda like my universal accuracy boost because again i never fizzle when useing satyr. the antheme i use is the lexon blade witch gives 7 universal damage and like 12 or 13 block plus 15 pip chance 280 health and i think 15 health boost. at the moment i dont have crowns so i cant stitch(have you seen the way that gear looks )but i will still attemt to try it see and see if my stats even out. btw if your health is at 4000 then you must be useing that reshufle amulet that gives like 400 health.(ps this does not mean i am trying to find other gear to use other than ww i still see ww gear as the best)


I yeah i use the reshuffle amulet. I got that before i even changed out gear. :) But yeah am just putting number on the amount of times I crit. Really not fare to say 80% or even 40% the numbers jump all around, How ever it's odd in Avalon I have seen that I crit less there. Every were else almost every attack is a crit. am not sure if that is a bug or what. Anyway everyones got there own setups on what they like and I guess that's all that matters :) I just try to share my input to help other players also :) P.S yeah that gear does look silly I did in fact stitch it lol. Anyway great chating with you about this seen alot of your post you bring alot of useful things to the forums.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
46
Re: Level 80 Gear?
Since no one seems to actually answer the original question, I will.

woot000, There is in fact level 80 any school hats, robes, boots, and wands, although it all seems to be gift card gear, such as the Super Bundle, Mega Bundle, Epic Bundle, Hawkrider, etc. If you would like to see the full list, I believe that this link should list all the level 80 gear: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Level_80%2B_Any_School_Items

As for specific schools, the highest level that gear goes up to is level 78, and even then, there are only hats, robes, and boots.

Finally, as for if it's worth it to get it, well, as various other people in this forum have showed, that's quite a debate. In my humble opinion, (I tend to avoid abbreviating, by the way) it depends on a variety of things, such as:

What school are you?
What stats would you like to get from your gear? (Probably partially influenced by your school)
Would you like to have gear that's balanced, or focused on a certain stat?
How willing are you to get this gear?

And etc., etc. Again, as shown several times on this topic, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which is why we keep seeing people argue over this dilemma.

Someone else already said this, but since I can't remember who, what they said was basically that not all the schools will be better off with the Waterworks gear. He/She then went on to explain that certain schools, such as Ice and Storm, can benefit from getting other gear besides the Waterworks gear, while other schools, such as Death and Balance, will not. I personally think that that makes sense, because each school and each person requires something different from their gear. To explain more, I have noticed that it seems like there are three ways that people look and pick gear, which would be:

Amplifying their school's strengths. For example, Sarahnimo's Storm character has a pretty high Critical rating, which makes sense for a Storm because they're like glass cannons - they have the least health out of any of us, but they can plow through enemies like no one else.

Boost their school's weaknesses to be a bit more balanced. Although I didn't really notice much of this form of gear boosting on this topic, I have seen it in the game. It's pretty simple to understand, but just for example, a Storm person might try to get gear that improves their accuracy and health, as that's where they seem to fall behind the rest of us.

Trying to get gear that is as balanced as possible. As gweedoboy has demonstrated quite a bit, the Waterworks gear is very balanced, at least for some schools, and so he's probably someone who tries to get gear that is as balanced as possible. Another example I can take from one of my past topics:

Which is better?

Bear's Claw of Balance:
Level Required: Level 56+
Bonuses:
+288 Max Health
+140 Max Mana
+11% Power Pip Chance
+7% Balance Damage
+5 All Critical Block

Versatile Steel:
Level Required: Level 56+
Bonuses:
+288 Max Health
+200 Max Mana
+15% Power Pip Chance

The second option provides more Mana and Power Pip Chance, but the first one also gives Balance damage and Critical Block. A person who would try to be as balanced as possible would probably pick the first one, because although the second one has better Mana and Power Pip Chance, they would probably see that the extra Balance Damage and the Critical Block might be more useful, especially since Balance isn't exactly a powerhouse. (Sorry if I didn't do a good job explaining this one - it's a bit hard to explain it correctly)

So, just to sum it all up:

There is level 80 gear.
Best gear depends on your school, what you want, etc.
You can amplify your strengths, boost your weaknesses, or try to be balanced in choosing gear.
But most importantly, it's your own opinion! If you find that having Critical is a nice thing to have, get gear with Critical! If you think it's more important to have Critical Block, get gear with Critical Block, and etc.! Everyone has their own opinion - only you can make your own choice.

Here's a website I like to check whenever I'm at a level with new gear, so I can always make sure that I have the gear that best suits me: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Items_by_School

Just keep on going until you're at where you want to check.

Before I end though, there is something I would like to know - Has anyone ever compared all the level 60-80 gear to see if the Waterworks gear is really the "best" and "most balanced" gear in the game? It would be amazing if someone looked at each school's level 60-80 gear to see if the Waterworks gear is really worthy of it's almost-god-like status for every school.

I hope I was helpful,
-Daniel SoulWalker, Legendary Sorcerer, Level 69

Survivor
May 24, 2009
24
Re: Level 80 Gear?
I crafted my Wintertusk gear, which is level 56 and it works well for me. I know some people don't craft but it gives me a good critical. It wasn't that difficult to craft, either. I wasn't in luck when I did Waterworks and I didn't get any gear. I'm not planning on doing it again for awhile, since that dungeon was horrible lol. Wintertusk gear works best for me :)

-Brianna SpiritBreeze, lvl 80 Life 8)

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
192
Re: Level 80 Gear?
Planeswalker1 wrote:
Since no one seems to actually answer the original question, I will.

woot000, There is in fact level 80 any school hats, robes, boots, and wands, although it all seems to be gift card gear, such as the Super Bundle, Mega Bundle, Epic Bundle, Hawkrider, etc. If you would like to see the full list, I believe that this link should list all the level 80 gear: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Level_80%2B_Any_School_Items

As for specific schools, the highest level that gear goes up to is level 78, and even then, there are only hats, robes, and boots.

Finally, as for if it's worth it to get it, well, as various other people in this forum have showed, that's quite a debate. In my humble opinion, (I tend to avoid abbreviating, by the way) it depends on a variety of things, such as:

What school are you?
What stats would you like to get from your gear? (Probably partially influenced by your school)
Would you like to have gear that's balanced, or focused on a certain stat?
How willing are you to get this gear?

And etc., etc. Again, as shown several times on this topic, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which is why we keep seeing people argue over this dilemma.

Someone else already said this, but since I can't remember who, what they said was basically that not all the schools will be better off with the Waterworks gear. He/She then went on to explain that certain schools, such as Ice and Storm, can benefit from getting other gear besides the Waterworks gear, while other schools, such as Death and Balance, will not. I personally think that that makes sense, because each school and each person requires something different from their gear. To explain more, I have noticed that it seems like there are three ways that people look and pick gear, which would be:

Amplifying their school's strengths. For example, Sarahnimo's Storm character has a pretty high Critical rating, which makes sense for a Storm because they're like glass cannons - they have the least health out of any of us, but they can plow through enemies like no one else.

Boost their school's weaknesses to be a bit more balanced. Although I didn't really notice much of this form of gear boosting on this topic, I have seen it in the game. It's pretty simple to understand, but just for example, a Storm person might try to get gear that improves their accuracy and health, as that's where they seem to fall behind the rest of us.

Trying to get gear that is as balanced as possible. As gweedoboy has demonstrated quite a bit, the Waterworks gear is very balanced, at least for some schools, and so he's probably someone who tries to get gear that is as balanced as possible. Another example I can take from one of my past topics:

Which is better?

Bear's Claw of Balance:
Level Required: Level 56+
Bonuses:
+288 Max Health
+140 Max Mana
+11% Power Pip Chance
+7% Balance Damage
+5 All Critical Block

Versatile Steel:
Level Required: Level 56+
Bonuses:
+288 Max Health
+200 Max Mana
+15% Power Pip Chance

The second option provides more Mana and Power Pip Chance, but the first one also gives Balance damage and Critical Block. A person who would try to be as balanced as possible would probably pick the first one, because although the second one has better Mana and Power Pip Chance, they would probably see that the extra Balance Damage and the Critical Block might be more useful, especially since Balance isn't exactly a powerhouse. (Sorry if I didn't do a good job explaining this one - it's a bit hard to explain it correctly)

So, just to sum it all up:

There is level 80 gear.
Best gear depends on your school, what you want, etc.
You can amplify your strengths, boost your weaknesses, or try to be balanced in choosing gear.
But most importantly, it's your own opinion! If you find that having Critical is a nice thing to have, get gear with Critical! If you think it's more important to have Critical Block, get gear with Critical Block, and etc.! Everyone has their own opinion - only you can make your own choice.

Here's a website I like to check whenever I'm at a level with new gear, so I can always make sure that I have the gear that best suits me: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Items_by_School

Just keep on going until you're at where you want to check.

Before I end though, there is something I would like to know - Has anyone ever compared all the level 60-80 gear to see if the Waterworks gear is really the "best" and "most balanced" gear in the game? It would be amazing if someone looked at each school's level 60-80 gear to see if the Waterworks gear is really worthy of it's almost-god-like status for every school.

I hope I was helpful,
-Daniel SoulWalker, Legendary Sorcerer, Level 69


Finally a post that has merits with not much grandstanding. I am interested in seeing that level 60-80 comparison you mentioned. I'm thankful that you can see that not all can stay in one spot and say everything is OK, you have to think out of the box sometimes too.

Good Job

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
394
Re: Level 80 Gear?
Sarahnimo wrote:
Planeswalker1 wrote:
Since no one seems to actually answer the original question, I will.

woot000, There is in fact level 80 any school hats, robes, boots, and wands, although it all seems to be gift card gear, such as the Super Bundle, Mega Bundle, Epic Bundle, Hawkrider, etc. If you would like to see the full list, I believe that this link should list all the level 80 gear: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Level_80%2B_Any_School_Items

As for specific schools, the highest level that gear goes up to is level 78, and even then, there are only hats, robes, and boots.

Finally, as for if it's worth it to get it, well, as various other people in this forum have showed, that's quite a debate. In my humble opinion, (I tend to avoid abbreviating, by the way) it depends on a variety of things, such as:

What school are you?
What stats would you like to get from your gear? (Probably partially influenced by your school)
Would you like to have gear that's balanced, or focused on a certain stat?
How willing are you to get this gear?

And etc., etc. Again, as shown several times on this topic, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which is why we keep seeing people argue over this dilemma.

Someone else already said this, but since I can't remember who, what they said was basically that not all the schools will be better off with the Waterworks gear. He/She then went on to explain that certain schools, such as Ice and Storm, can benefit from getting other gear besides the Waterworks gear, while other schools, such as Death and Balance, will not. I personally think that that makes sense, because each school and each person requires something different from their gear. To explain more, I have noticed that it seems like there are three ways that people look and pick gear, which would be:

Amplifying their school's strengths. For example, Sarahnimo's Storm character has a pretty high Critical rating, which makes sense for a Storm because they're like glass cannons - they have the least health out of any of us, but they can plow through enemies like no one else.

Boost their school's weaknesses to be a bit more balanced. Although I didn't really notice much of this form of gear boosting on this topic, I have seen it in the game. It's pretty simple to understand, but just for example, a Storm person might try to get gear that improves their accuracy and health, as that's where they seem to fall behind the rest of us.

Trying to get gear that is as balanced as possible. As gweedoboy has demonstrated quite a bit, the Waterworks gear is very balanced, at least for some schools, and so he's probably someone who tries to get gear that is as balanced as possible. Another example I can take from one of my past topics:

Which is better?

Bear's Claw of Balance:
Level Required: Level 56+
Bonuses:
+288 Max Health
+140 Max Mana
+11% Power Pip Chance
+7% Balance Damage
+5 All Critical Block

Versatile Steel:
Level Required: Level 56+
Bonuses:
+288 Max Health
+200 Max Mana
+15% Power Pip Chance

The second option provides more Mana and Power Pip Chance, but the first one also gives Balance damage and Critical Block. A person who would try to be as balanced as possible would probably pick the first one, because although the second one has better Mana and Power Pip Chance, they would probably see that the extra Balance Damage and the Critical Block might be more useful, especially since Balance isn't exactly a powerhouse. (Sorry if I didn't do a good job explaining this one - it's a bit hard to explain it correctly)

So, just to sum it all up:

There is level 80 gear.
Best gear depends on your school, what you want, etc.
You can amplify your strengths, boost your weaknesses, or try to be balanced in choosing gear.
But most importantly, it's your own opinion! If you find that having Critical is a nice thing to have, get gear with Critical! If you think it's more important to have Critical Block, get gear with Critical Block, and etc.! Everyone has their own opinion - only you can make your own choice.

Here's a website I like to check whenever I'm at a level with new gear, so I can always make sure that I have the gear that best suits me: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Items_by_School

Just keep on going until you're at where you want to check.

Before I end though, there is something I would like to know - Has anyone ever compared all the level 60-80 gear to see if the Waterworks gear is really the "best" and "most balanced" gear in the game? It would be amazing if someone looked at each school's level 60-80 gear to see if the Waterworks gear is really worthy of it's almost-god-like status for every school.

I hope I was helpful,
-Daniel SoulWalker, Legendary Sorcerer, Level 69


Finally a post that has merits with not much grandstanding. I am interested in seeing that level 60-80 comparison you mentioned. I'm thankful that you can see that not all can stay in one spot and say everything is OK, you have to think out of the box sometimes too.

Good Job
i agree with this post as well. it is your opinion and how you use your gear best. yes i am a balanced kinda guy and ww gear is the most balanced gear ive seen and wanted for my wizard(resist, health boost, critical, damage boost, ect). sar and i may not see eye to eye but something he kept insulting me for is the fact that he thought that i thought if you didnt have ww gear you were dead witch is not the case. again i agree with this post. and for the record i only went on rants of critical and ww gear because you kept pretty much making fun of me sar so i felt the need to defend myself and my wizard witch wears ww gear. and again i agree with this post and the fact that whatever works for you is what you should stick with and strive to make better

Survivor
May 11, 2010
9
Re: Level 80 Gear?
i always thought the best gear was from the bazaar in olde town. i looked at a bunch of crafted gear and didn't think it was very good, but i guess i was looking at the wrong place.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
63
Re: Level 80 Gear?
gweedoboy wrote:
Yohko86 wrote:
belindamea wrote:
Anyone who thinks ww gear is the best and should stick with it forever is uninformed or just stuborn.
I crafted Avalon gear for all my wizards and it is sooooo much better than lvl 60 water works gear. Come on people we are level 70 plus and we deserve better than lvl 60 gear. Crafting tables are given to us so we would be able to craft our own gear, look around you will find good recipes that fit you not just one school but both!
Do not sell yourself short, you would be amazed at what you can make for yourself. Leave the WW gear back in the 60's where it belongs


Yes and YES! Couldn't agree with you more, especially with the part in bold (I had to underline one sentence because it basically sums up my feelings for the whole 'WW Gear Vs. AV Gear' debate). People look at AV's crafted gear's lower Pip chance and resistance and think that the gear's automatically trash, but not so imo. In my experience, 68% Pip chance has turned out to be pretty good for me, and having 18% resistance to all but two Schools isn't bad either. My Myth has 222 Critical, 209 Block vs. Life and Death, 199 Block vs. Balance, and 154 Block against the remaining Schools and I've had minimal problems with AV mobs and bosses; the high Critical boost really helped me out a lot as I didn't have to worry about my Critical attacks being blocked nearly as much as when I had the WW gear on.

But unfortunately, I'll still be seeing many people clinging onto the level 60 gear...even when the level cap is raised to 90...
ok good for you you got good block and critical but does 200 critical really help that much?. no it doesnt and i know from experience i crafted the dun dara helmet my critical went to 210 i didnt see much of a difference at all. and whats good about block if you cant back it up with resistance to weaken the enemies moves. and hows your acruaccy with that gear do you fizzle a lot? oh and then theres damage boost witch plays a big part in your damage and with that gear i can basicly determine its below 30. oh and heal boost if you say you make up for that with some ring or antheme then your just hurting yourself by wasting the opturtunity to have a good ring and/or antheme so basicly with that gear you have no heal boost thus almost forcing the need to get a CERTAIN ring or antheme. so do you really consider what you get and all you lose a fair trade because like i have said before critical and critical block is just a big blob of chance instead of the 100 percent working damage boost ,heal boost, resist, accuracy boost. i dont know if you really think this gear is better or if your just desprate for new gear but if you wanna leave your wizrd to chance every battle so be it(btw i havent had any problems with the mobs and bosses and i have full ww gear on with T of the H ring and antheme)


Wow...I don't like saying this, but you've made sweeping generalizations about the gear, something you obviously know nothing about, making you sound very ignorant. And the fact that you said that my damage boost "must" be under 30% is just...wow. I'll let that speak for itself.

My Myth has 222 Critical, and yes did it ever help. With regular mobs, I never had to worry about my critical attacks being blocked and with bosses, most of mine weren't blocked either. With the WW gear, my Criticals were being blocked all the time and me dying too often from Critical attacks, and all that resulted in was making battles harder than they need to be imo. As far as my accuracy was concerned, it's at 94%, so I'll let you come to the conclusion of whether I fizzle a lot or not.

Not bothering with the whole "forcing" to get a certain athame or ring. That doesn't even sound right. And by the chance that you were trying to make a point, you need to explain your points better because I don't understand what you're getting at.

Lastly, I finished Avalon within two weeks of it going live, soloing, with the crafted gear, so as far as the belief of me leaving my wiz "up to chance", it's baseless and really shows that you don't really understand Critical and Block stats.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
394
Re: Level 80 Gear?
Yohko86 wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:
Yohko86 wrote:
belindamea wrote:
Anyone who thinks ww gear is the best and should stick with it forever is uninformed or just stuborn.
I crafted Avalon gear for all my wizards and it is sooooo much better than lvl 60 water works gear. Come on people we are level 70 plus and we deserve better than lvl 60 gear. Crafting tables are given to us so we would be able to craft our own gear, look around you will find good recipes that fit you not just one school but both!
Do not sell yourself short, you would be amazed at what you can make for yourself. Leave the WW gear back in the 60's where it belongs


Yes and YES! Couldn't agree with you more, especially with the part in bold (I had to underline one sentence because it basically sums up my feelings for the whole 'WW Gear Vs. AV Gear' debate). People look at AV's crafted gear's lower Pip chance and resistance and think that the gear's automatically trash, but not so imo. In my experience, 68% Pip chance has turned out to be pretty good for me, and having 18% resistance to all but two Schools isn't bad either. My Myth has 222 Critical, 209 Block vs. Life and Death, 199 Block vs. Balance, and 154 Block against the remaining Schools and I've had minimal problems with AV mobs and bosses; the high Critical boost really helped me out a lot as I didn't have to worry about my Critical attacks being blocked nearly as much as when I had the WW gear on.

But unfortunately, I'll still be seeing many people clinging onto the level 60 gear...even when the level cap is raised to 90...
ok good for you you got good block and critical but does 200 critical really help that much?. no it doesnt and i know from experience i crafted the dun dara helmet my critical went to 210 i didnt see much of a difference at all. and whats good about block if you cant back it up with resistance to weaken the enemies moves. and hows your acruaccy with that gear do you fizzle a lot? oh and then theres damage boost witch plays a big part in your damage and with that gear i can basicly determine its below 30. oh and heal boost if you say you make up for that with some ring or antheme then your just hurting yourself by wasting the opturtunity to have a good ring and/or antheme so basicly with that gear you have no heal boost thus almost forcing the need to get a CERTAIN ring or antheme. so do you really consider what you get and all you lose a fair trade because like i have said before critical and critical block is just a big blob of chance instead of the 100 percent working damage boost ,heal boost, resist, accuracy boost. i dont know if you really think this gear is better or if your just desprate for new gear but if you wanna leave your wizrd to chance every battle so be it(btw i havent had any problems with the mobs and bosses and i have full ww gear on with T of the H ring and antheme)


Wow...I don't like saying this, but you've made sweeping generalizations about the gear, something you obviously know nothing about, making you sound very ignorant. And the fact that you said that my damage boost "must" be under 30% is just...wow. I'll let that speak for itself.

My Myth has 222 Critical, and yes did it ever help. With regular mobs, I never had to worry about my critical attacks being blocked and with bosses, most of mine weren't blocked either. With the WW gear, my Criticals were being blocked all the time and me dying too often from Critical attacks, and all that resulted in was making battles harder than they need to be imo. As far as my accuracy was concerned, it's at 94%, so I'll let you come to the conclusion of whether I fizzle a lot or not.

Not bothering with the whole "forcing" to get a certain athame or ring. That doesn't even sound right. And by the chance that you were trying to make a point, you need to explain your points better because I don't understand what you're getting at.

Lastly, I finished Avalon within two weeks of it going live, soloing, with the crafted gear, so as far as the belief of me leaving my wiz "up to chance", it's baseless and really shows that you don't really understand Critical and Block stats.
ok i understand you could have more than 30 damage boost kinda easily and didnt i clearly state i crafted gear and tried it(although i did only say i crafted the helmet i crafted more after that and tried it all together so i DO know what im talking about) and come on do you really think you can critical 50% of the time(thats what i got from you) just because your critical is 222 because i tried it at 210 critical and i didnt critical much more so if you respond saying that 222 is higher and makes you critical that much more then the 12 extra critical you have must really be that much of a difference. as for the forced ring thing well i said almost forcing the need i didnt say it forced the need because of a lack of HEALING BOOST so can you please tell me how much healing boost you have and if it all comes from your ring and antheme. wether or not you sacrifised a ring and/or antheme that could give you damage boost and other things for healing boost i cant know although i think there are good rings and anthemes that give healing boost and other needed things so i hope i made my point clearly this time. you did also say that most of your critical attacks werent blocked by bosses did you not. you did also say that when you had ww gear your criticals were blocked all the time did you not. well do you belive there is some sort of magic that makes your critical get blocked more just because you wore ww gear and not that you changed your gear bosses hardly block your critical just becasue you switched gear? well if you do then clearly you dont understand critical as much a you think. and for the record i found doing avalon in ww gear was pretty easy and i soloed every boss in fact i farm bosses for evil magma peas in w gear and so far i havent lost a battle even once where as you clearly said you died frequently in ww gear witch means that ww gear clearly doesnt suit your playing style so when you did switch and found it worked wondefully for you you must have had the thought that its better for eveyone else to change there playing style as well and go with this new gear no matter what they lose by switching gear(although in your case you didnt lose a lot of stuff but i dont think you much either besides critical and critical block). btw i clearly understand critical and critical block because i know right now you have the either the zafaria crafted gear or the avalon crafted gear because thats the only way you could have those stats(or you could have the gear from mirror lake) so do you truly beleive this gear you have is the best way to go for everyone no matter what school and playing style because thats what you basicly said in your first post. and you know even if i am wrong even if i am to attached to ww gear(witch im not i would switch for something better in a heart beat) even if i really do know nothing of how to properly use critical this new gear would still be only that much better than ww gear(i extremely hope that changes when the next world comes out)

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
192
Re: Level 80 Gear?
Now, shall we look at Death, Balance, and Life? They lose tons of power pip chance, for a little bit of an accuracy boost, not that Life needs much of an accuracy boost, now does it? They lose resistance on the boots and damage boost. Again the hats do nearly give double the Critical points, but some lose quite a bit of Damage boost. Where as some schools lose 1 or 2, other schools lose 4 or 5 on 1 piece of gear. You also lose the incoming health boost. Most schools lose resistance on the boots, especially Myth, who used to have the second highest universal resistance.

I was challenged by this claim of darthjt so I picked death which is "allegedly" not benefiting from crafted gears just to see if it is really hopeless for this school.

I used the full crafted gears at wintertusk initially then mixed it up with ZF gears when i reached the proper level then proceed on putting on the hat and body armor at Dun Dara mixed with the ZF boots.

Conclusion: my Death wizard is an Archmage now with this stats

Damage - 69
Global Resistance - 31 / Myth = 31 / Death = 51
Critical rating - 215
Global Block rating - 144 / Myth - 204 / Life - 199
Power Pips - 65%
Accuracy - 10%

Mind you this is the total stats of the character as a whole with wands, rings, athames, and pet. How i end up with this stats i leave to your imagination but this stats are dynamic and can easily be changed depending upon the situation and what i decide to put on my mage.

Time and again everyone looked at the stats of the gear ONLY and TOTALLY forgot about the wands, rings, athames and most especially pets that can patch up what needs to be improved by the frequently belittled "less damage boosting, less resistant, no incoming healing boost" crafted gears.

But the big deal is you don't know what you are missing with the critical rate boost and huge critical rate block being offered by the crafted ones. For me? the paltry critical rate of WW gear is so minute and the measly resistance gain can easily be overshadowed by the critical block rating that the crafted ones offers. What can a few points of resist do if it can't properly block a critical attack from an enemy? esp. in Avalon?

And the "critical rate is purely chance thing argument" is a used up reason already because with all things equal, chances are still better with a higher rate than a lower one. And yes you can see "performance wise" the big jump on your gaming experience.

I may be receiving flak from this post but I know this things first hand by battling all the way to Avalon (most of the time solo - even Jabberwock ) and I did it in less than a weeks time to reach Archmage level relying only on crafted gears. So in advance, for future naysayers, all I want to say is there is an alternative gear other than WW gear and it works. It can even be better than WW depending upon how you tweak it and believe me when I say this. its the tweaking part where the most fun happens .

BTW, just so i wont sound biased, my claim is for Life, Death, Storm and Ice schools "at the moment".

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane
Brahm


Survivor
Nov 03, 2011
17
Re: Level 80 Gear?
The waterworks armor? Please. I know of the pagoda armor tier 9 and it is much stronger than the waterworks armor. yes waterworks armor does have good resistance. attacks. maybe a few side stuff. but That is and I quote. "cute."

If you had all the sentinel armor combined and have the pagoda bow, then you will have 175 critical block, 200 critical hit, 35% extra power pip chance, 37% more damage, and 15% accuracy. the downside is no resistance. but hey. every armor has downsides.

For more info, Go to www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Pagoda_Gauntlet_Gift_Card

Armiger
Feb 07, 2011
2173
Re: Level 80 Gear?
As an archmage sorceress, it's extremely difficult to find gear that gives a good balance (pun intended) of stats in all areas~ even though I'm level 80, I swear by my Waterworks gear and probably will for a long time to come... at least until a level 80 version of the same comes out.

Until very recently, I was a solo player and, thus, built a defensive character~ between WW gear and my pet starfish, I can take a lot more damage than most Balance wizards can. Sure, my health isn't as high, and I can't hit as hard, but sacrifices have to be made somewhere.

Some stats:

3839 health
420 mana
53% damage boost
35% universal resist
114 critical points (school only); 26 for all others
170 crit block, across the board
50% incoming heal boost
99% power pip chance
2% armour piercing

As much as I'd love an accuracy boost or higher damage, there are too many other things I'd have to give up, to get there. I tried crafting the Avalon gear in Dun Dara (and I hate crafting), but it just didn't measure up~ I gained crit block, but lost all of my universal resist, power pip chance, and most of my heal-boost... In my humble opinion, not worth it, since Balance is the only school that has to give up all of its other stats for accuracy.

-El Veeb/Shadowsong
Archmage of Awesomeness & legendary artisan who hates crafting.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
394
Re: Level 80 Gear?
vonawesome1 wrote:
As an archmage sorceress, it's extremely difficult to find gear that gives a good balance (pun intended) of stats in all areas~ even though I'm level 80, I swear by my Waterworks gear and probably will for a long time to come... at least until a level 80 version of the same comes out.

Until very recently, I was a solo player and, thus, built a defensive character~ between WW gear and my pet starfish, I can take a lot more damage than most Balance wizards can. Sure, my health isn't as high, and I can't hit as hard, but sacrifices have to be made somewhere.

Some stats:

3839 health
420 mana
53% damage boost
35% universal resist
114 critical points (school only); 26 for all others
170 crit block, across the board
50% incoming heal boost
99% power pip chance
2% armour piercing

As much as I'd love an accuracy boost or higher damage, there are too many other things I'd have to give up, to get there. I tried crafting the Avalon gear in Dun Dara (and I hate crafting), but it just didn't measure up~ I gained crit block, but lost all of my universal resist, power pip chance, and most of my heal-boost... In my humble opinion, not worth it, since Balance is the only school that has to give up all of its other stats for accuracy.

-El Veeb/Shadowsong
Archmage of Awesomeness & legendary artisan who hates crafting.
that is why i love my ww gear